1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 0.8

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Sep 4, 2011.

1. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I can't recall what went in Black Whole's head:p Once he introduced it, he removed it again in the next version, and so forth; i just found it last week and decided that it will come again, but only very minor (half as often as the Apostolic Palace election in RFC). I'd like the UU power from RFCE's Topkapi Palace if there would be any vassal; I don't know why, but Vassals aren't there at all in 2/3 of the games i play, and i managed to get vassals maybe 4 or 5 times in the one and a half years i play it.

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

IIRC, Black Whole removed the Buddhist Council because it made the Buddhist civs overpowered.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Kama Sutra projects sounds very fun! :love:

Can you also comment on Buddhism centered UHV goal for Mauryas?

Buddhist proselytism at the time of emperor Ashoka (260–218 BCE).

4. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Sorry that i missed that.
    They once had a UHV demanding to send missionaries pretty early. But i kicked that because after the addition of a greek civ, the easiest way was to send these missionaries to Kandhara, spread Buddhism a bit, and conquer the cities merely 10 turns later because of another UHV. I did that twice, but that just felt wrong.
    Now, the third UHV is meant to represent that. Owning enough cities for yourself would hurt your economy, so it's recommended to send some missionaries to Vietnam and China. Just for the fun of it, i usually try to send a Hindu Missionary to Japan:)

EDIT: Does anyone know how to fix the tga? I added Hellenism, but now they don't have the right symbol... showing as Zoroastrism.

5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Have you tried Asaf's gamefont editor?

6. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Yeah, i did it with this programm and still don't manage to do it right :lol: I just took a naive approach by adding the graphics from JARM and putting it right after the last used corporation font. If i changed some other things, i got an exception saying that i should reinstall my graphic driver.
    Whatever, maybe the font is fine, but the XML is the problem. There should be some point in the XML code that defines it (couldn't find it:blush:), or at least in the DLL.

Attached Files:

7. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Well, last I checked these civs had no UHVs, or only ones that would make you win the game in another manner. (Namely the domination Mongol win)

On this one, I figured it deserved a place due to the Indo-Greeks. They are a rather minor civ in this, but Alexander became famous for enforcing his home culture on conquered peoples.

I figured that should be represented in some way.

I already posted my initial thoughts on how to implement Hellenism.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

What exactly are you looking for in the XML?

9. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

My version has:mwaha:
    Don't worry, i'll spend the weekend to find some more bugs, so that at least the reported ones seize to exist. By Sunday or Monday i'll release it.
    It's in, but in a different way than you proposed. It leaves a good place for a Greek UP:mischief:
    I'm looking for the place where the :health: is defined as [ICON_HEALTHY] so it can be displayed in text. I have no idea if the game knows that there are more graphics behind the Manaecheist icon thus looking there.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Well, the sequence of the icons is directly defined by the sequence of XML entries.

You can get the exact number of everything that's already defined in the DLL in Python via CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols s), using the FontSymbols enum.

11. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

For many of those images, you can use [ICON_XXX]. For instance, [ICON_GOLD] will show :gold: in the text. I think [ICON_HEALTH] will show :health:. (I'm not 100% sure though)

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, that's what I was referring to with the FontTypes enum. To see what works, take a look at Enums.h, everything there is exposed to Python.

13. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

About the messed up order of icons: if you accidentally alter the pink pixels or alpha below them (fairly easy if you're not aware this shouldn't be done), the whole sequence gets shifted, or you can get gaps etc. Cyan pixel usually has to be there as well, though it can be moved up and down to change icon's display position.

It's rather difficult to determine what is broken, so the easiest way to fix a broken tga is to make a new file (i.e. original bts tga) and copy & paste the contents of the old file this way ( assuming the order of the XML is OK)
    - select all
    - remove selection from pink & cyan pixels
    - copy & paste
    - without changing selection copy & paste the alpha channel

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Doesn't asaf's game font editor take care of this, though?

15. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

So I had this strange game playing Viet Nam again.
    1. Zhou found Hinduism in Luoyang OMG
    2. Maurya found Islam in Tosali OMG
    3. Han seemed to prematurely collapse and Tang stayed on 3 cities when they spawned.
    4. I lost in in 952 despite having the highest score of all alive civs! Did I lose to Independents?

Attached Files:

16. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

It should, but civ-addicated said it didn't :dunno:

17. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Okay guys, i found the solution. As it turns out, the tga was broken to begin with (the once who are here from the start may remember that we had issues with it). I took Asaf's programm and did the whole thing over, and it just works perfectly:w00t:.

18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Congratulations. I can't wait for the new version. (And also when you finally set up the SVN, so I can do my changes as well ;))

19. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain