1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 0.8

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes, I second this observation. Loaded the Han game and was at war with Vietnam even before I met them.

2. Black Hawk 4701

Black Hawk 4701 Chieftain

I like playing as the Sri Vijaya very much, so here's to hoping the bug gets fixed in the next release(or it's just bugged for me).
    You could reduce their units a little, but I wasn't meaning to say i hated their spawning. Besides I have a way to handle spawning civs in my territory. (involves putting an empty city on their spawn, and invading it to get rid of them. Is that cheating:mischief:?)

Tocharians are my one of my favorites as well, and having some barbs killing me ups the challenge, which is good.
    Anyways, good work continuing this mod.
    Ich bin American, ich wohne im Deutschland abe ich spreche Deutsch ambischen.

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

So, instead of a "Hello, nice to meet you", there's an declaration of war? When i played the Tocharians and conquered Balasagun, Bilge declared war an me the turn after we signed a peace treaty, i think the two might be related.

"ambischen"? Excellent. Made me laugh pretty badly:lol:
    Yes, sir, i believe this is correct. :nono: Don't make me code something so you lose when you try it the next time;)

4. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

During the loading of the Sri Vijayan I had a "do you want to take control of the Khmer civilization" popup... It didn't really do anything (the autoturns even continued normally) but I thought I'd mention it.

5. Black Hawk 4701

Black Hawk 4701 Chieftain

I just tried Siam, and I love em, civ-addicted I take nerfing them back. Taking over all of SE Asia is harder than I thought, I took over Khmer, Vietnam, Nanzhao, and Birman cities, but I forgot all about Sri Vijayan cities in Malaysia. I've decided to test all of the SE Asian civs now so I'm off to try out Burma. Also a strange bug caused me to crash when i try to enter diplomacy with the Ming, I tested it twice both times crashing my game. Once again I love Siam.

6. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

I was playing as the Han and after I claimed the Mandate of Heaven (5 turns after my start) I wanted to expand china from 4 cities to something to help fill up china; but by the time I settled the 6th city my units were on strike and I couldn't defend my borders from barbarians so I just gave up. Can you make the Mandate of heaven decrease the maintenance cost of cities?

7. EoJl

EoJl Chieftain

I was playing as Qin and I also had this bag. In ~220BC I failed my 2nd and 3d UHV (how can fail 3d Qin UHV?) and all my units disappeared.

8. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

There's a similar thing with the gokturks too. I have only 4 cities and my research rate is already down to 20%

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

There is a bug with the diplomacy (only with Hongwu, Ming). I got a CTD when I open the trading table. (I didn't have any problem when he wanted to trade worldmaps with me)
    There is also another bug in my savegame. (Just skip turn, then I have a CTD)

How long do you think it will take to add the SVN? I already prepared some things I for the mod. I can't wait to include it.

10. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Yeah, don't try Qin with the current patch. That was a terrible mistake in the code (a literal facepalm at me:blush:)
    Umm, sorry, but no. I rather have to do the opposite, because the AI Han is always overpowered.
    You shouldn't expand too fast after all. Han does looks good with 5 cities for the start, and if you adopt Confucianism (which decreases city upkeep) and build some Magistrates, you're usually up too 70% science and can start to increase your empire. But it seems to me that especially Confucianism needs a fix since it's pretty overpowered.
    That on the other hand deserves a fix. They need a big empire fast. I'll try not to overdo it though, since keeping a way overstretched empire alive is one of their challenges.
    Thanks, i'll look at it.
    I prepared a folder, practically all i need to do now is connect it to the internet (at least i hope so). Sometimes i'm too shy at that matter...
    Can't wait to see what you got for me:drool:

11. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

https://rfca-unm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rfca-unm/

I got...something.
    This is the svn repository, but at the moment it just has v0.8.1, so no change to what you already know. I did a lot this weekend, but as the idiot that i am i didn't made it to upload it (it's because i'm working on two computers and the one with the changes isn't available until tomorrow evening)

Asaf and Linkman deserve the credits.

12. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I can't download, it just says "Cancelled."

13. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

First i tried to download it at the university, and it didn't work. Some minutes later it worked on my laptop, and now it works on the university's computer again. I guess it was a problem on the Gamefront server.
    If it still doesn't work, i can try to upload it to another site, if you know one.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I downloaded the mod with SVN, but I only got some unrelated empty folders.

15. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Please tell me that you got something like this:
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

16. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Hmmm, having a bad SVN day?

civ-addicted, if those are your folders, there should be a green check mark under each folder, or it isn't synced.

17. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Well, sort of a bad day.

I uploaded the repository (all files are accesible through the repo-browser), so i tried it again, and now i got this:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/2/tree/
    It shows in the "code"-section of the sourceforge, which is a good thing, i guess. But there are still directories and files that don't need to be in a mod folder. I don't see any green marks either. In which folder do they need to be?

18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Yes, I do get those folders. But RFCEurope has the assets, CvGameCore and other folders there. I'm not sure if it works the way you have it.

19. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Merjin's setup looks right with the check marks. But unless you edited the files there should be no red exclamation mark.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Yes, but this is from RFCEurope, not RFCA. I know what those red ! are. (I just didn't uploaded them)