1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 0.8

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

Too right mate. More often than not I've seen Buddhist Ghaznavids.

Played through again as Birma. No crashes this time - seems random, indeed.

2. 2phunkey4u

Uhm, resurrections? What sort of?
    Would be great for Korea, Vietnam and Tibet - the latter two collapse to barbs a lot.
    Still apt to a lesser extend would be Harappa as Sindh, Chalyuka as Bahmani Sultanate and Chola as Vijayanagara.

We need a couple of Mongols in Northen Hindustan and a Timurid invasion!

3. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

That's my leaderhead! :) But I don't have released it,yet.
    Now we are talking about leaderheads,I think some leaders should change in era's example:Korea's leader is Wang Kon,we can change it to early era:Wang Kon,middle era:Seondeok,late are:Sejong.
    I don't like that it's always the same leader for a civ,I miss the Rhy's and Fall of Civilization leader change!

4. 2phunkey4u

update on Maurya:
    The shrine income UHV seems to be indicated wrongly. In won a game in 320 AD before the spawn of Chalyuka with 10 shrine income instead of the 30 stated in the advisor screen.

5. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Normal ones, like you know from RFC. You control a core, low stability, PROFIT!
    Some civs will get a modified respawn, but the ties needs to be closer than just roughly the same area. Harappans are gone period.
    The dynasties won't respawn at all, just Chalukya. China...well, Zhou could respawn (think of Wu Zetian), but that would cause trouble with my current plans in China; Especially ethnic civs, because you can't control a foreign people and think the world is just fine.
    This might be it:
    Spoiler :
    - Tocharians respawn at Peshawar (Kushana)
    - Koreans at Hanseong
    - Japan at Edo
    - Vietnam at the same spot, but rename the city Thang Long (Dai Viet)
    - Birma at Toungoo or Pegu
    - Khmer at Phnom Penh
    - Siam at Bangkok
    - Chalukya at Vengi
    - Chola somewhere at Sri Lanka (historically...questionable)
    - Jurchen at Mukden
    - Göktürks somewhere in the Tarim Basin OR Bukhara (maybe even both, randomized)
    - Sri Vijaya at Malakka; with Islam
    - Butuan at Manila/Tondo
    Nanzhao, Tibet and Mongolia as usual
    Note that they won't be scripted at all, so i want it to be possible that Kushana spawns in an unstable Delhi Sultanate.
    Congratulations for your LH:pat: If we're lucky, there is going to be another LH creator;)
    RFCE and SoI have one big plus: there are plenty of excellent LHs flowing around that can be used. There are some more Chinese LHs, but most of the times they are just more or less reskinned original LHs. I sometimes find it hard to accept that Wu and Genghis, and Wang Kon and Pilouge are practically the same. But they are looking really good, so i'm fine :cool:
    Wang Kon just looks too great for me to be replaced with anything, so i don't really want to enforce a system that i would sense as a setback from the artistic point of view. [EDIT:Sweet Mother of Jesus, your Seondeok is gorgeous! :drool: I rethink what i just said]
    Still, with the new respawns, i'll try to use new LHs if i could find some; Cybrxkhan's Kanishka is a way better Kushana leader than Sapadbizes:p
    All shrines you own count, even Confucian or Taoist would count if you'd manage to hold them

6. 2phunkey4u

I do not quite understand. Does the UHV count total religious buildings or cities with religion corresponding to holy shrines you owe? If the latter is the case, the condition is set wrongly bc I got it with just 10 instead of 30 - and of course I did not hold shrines in China.

7. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

The loop goes through all cities you own and checks whether one of the Shrines is built there. If one is found, it sums up the gold revenue the found Shrine produces. I suspect that you just looked at one Shrine which produced 10 gold, while your other one already produced 20 gold. If that's not the case, i will review the code, because it can be that it is a little clumsy.
    I was referring to the Taoist/Confucian Shrine because they would count too (for the sake of completeness), but usually you only hold the Buddhist and Hindu Shrines. The Islamic Shrine would, too, but good luck founding Islam;)

8. 2phunkey4u

I did look. Mahabodi produced 10 gold and Kashi 1 gold (there are not enough cities around in 300 AD for anything better), so it must be the code, right?

Speaking of founding Islam - pedia says it's still tied to Pilgrimage. Would I found it if I researched it before 655 (why not 622 btw)? Do you implement Makkah as a spawn in some remote place on the map that immediately gets razed by bars? That's an ingame message I once got.

9. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I see what you did there:) You refused to found Pataliputra, so you can have Varanasi as the holy city of both Buddhism and Hinduism...
    I just looked at the code and found that it's possible to cheat that way, because Varansi is checked twice with two shrines. Thanks for the pointers, i'm already about to fix it.
    It's the wrong date because i thought it's easier to try it with a date that already existed. It's like i didn't thought it to be a permanent feature. But i think it can be fixed.
    Yes, you would found Islam. If i think of RFC's India, there should be at least the possibility of founding it. I even considered making founding Islam a UHV requirement for Maurya. But that, well, that would be pushing it.

10. 2phunkey4u

Made 70000 - still failure, so it's not just the text, but the code, too, unfortunately.

11. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

As Nanzhao, I can build an embassy for my own civ.

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Another indication that there's something wrong with the civ constants in the DLL.

13. 2phunkey4u

The whole embassy thing looks shady atm I'd say from a Butuan game.

14. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Can you fix it,it's really annoying.
    I tried it numerous times and still,I collapse and lose.

15. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I found out that i didn't move Khmer's embassy when i moved Khmer -___-. So, according to the code, Tibet, Tang, Sri Vijaya, Nanzhao and Khmer should be off at that matter, for everyone else it should be fine.
    Well, all i can say that something's wrong. I really should play with the values to locate the error instead of playtesting (to be honest, i more or less lost the whole sunday because i just played Chola with one new UHV and a new UP)
    I changed the code so that the human player keeps at least the capital. The fix was too easy, and i'm somewhat sorry that i didn't already included it

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Tell me about it. I lost a whole day trying to gain control over the whole pacific coast when my original goal was only to see how much culture medieval Japan can put out :D But I think this is a good thing, it's always bad when you're the person who plays your own mod least ;)

Anyway, I still suspect this is something that can be solved by simple counting. Or, if you have a version before the addition of Siam lying aroung, comparing the constants between both (I still think the addition of Siam caused this).

17. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I just found out that Ramkhamhaeng had the wrong number in const.py... I hope that at least those random crashes will stop now. I suspect that those random crashes happened when one of those leaders (it was Kublai in my Song game) tried to contact you.
    Ming can hardly be solved by that, i fear.

18. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Every time I try to trade with Hongwu,the game crashes!

19. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You're not the only one, I have this problem too. But when he wants OB with me, it won't crash. But when I open the trading table, it does. (also when I want to negotiate about the OB)

20. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Maybe you should add the Bruneian Empire it was a large and powerful empire on Borneo and Mindanao from 600 AD.