Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

The latest svn is presently unplayable. If I choose any civ, it just says "You have been defeated". Also, I can't open the civilopedia or hall or fame.

Wait, if the main designer ios one now.. does that mean I don't get the new firelancer unit we've been waiting for..? noooo...

Delete the mod and re-install it. That usually fixes big bugs like that.

I did and the mod works fine. :goodjob: I tried the Zhou and switched to Han when I failed the UHVs (failed the Han´s too, but the capture the Zhou-capital event was quite fun, even if it plummeted my income way into negative, because I suddenly got 3 cities that cost me tons of money in upkeep. This was partially solved when the Tang took the smallest of these, after which they agreed to a peace.)

Would be nice though if all files were put in a single install file. :crazyeye:

My game crashed again when I was playing as Tibet.
Actually most civs that I try to play crash early or late,but what causes that?

And when I play on the later start 500 AD,the turn timer remains at 0 for an eternity.

Can´t confirm that, but I got a CTD playing as the Mauryans after concluding an Open Borders agreement with Tibet. It would seem there´s something rotten in the state of Tibet...

Siam's UHV2 doesn't trigger, so I rewrote it this way, and it seems to work:

Code:
if(self.getGoal(iSiam, 1) == -1):
	cityList = PyPlayer(iSiam).getCityList()
	for city in cityList:
		if (city.getCulture() >= 50000):
			self.setGoal(iSiam, 1, 1)
			break

Additionally, everytime I try to play Zhou, the game immediately crashes.. why is this?

CA, I know you've probably already stopped with actual development work but since you've mentioned your continuous territory algorithm and its shortcomings I thought I'd share my implementation. It's basically a poor man's A* algorithm, don't know if that's actually overkill, but it works, and it's a lot more elegant. Unfortunately Python lacks a data structure with an O(log(n)) sorted insertion method so it's not perfectly efficient, but whatever.

Code:
	def isConnectedByRailroad(self, iPlayer, iStartX, iStartY, iTargetX, iTargetY):
		startPlot = gc.getMap().plot(iStartX, iStartY)
		if not (startPlot.isCity() and startPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer): return False

lNodes = [(-utils.calculateDistance(iStartX, iStartY, iTargetX, iTargetY), iStartX, iStartY)]
		lVisitedNodes = []

while len(lNodes) > 0:
			h, x, y = lNodes[0]
			lNodes.remove((h, x, y))
			lVisitedNodes.append((h, x, y))

for i in range(x-1, x+2):
				for j in range(y-1, y+2):
					plot = gc.getMap().plot(i, j)
					if plot.getOwner() == iPlayer and (plot.isCity() or plot.getRouteType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("ROUTE_RAILROAD")):
						if (i, j) == (iTargetX, iTargetY): return True
						tTuple = (-utils.calculateDistance(i, j, iTargetX, iTargetY), i, j)
						if not tTuple in lVisitedNodes:
							lNodes.append(tTuple)

lNodes.sort()

return False
I also required cities or railroads for my Trans-Siberian Railway goal, but obviously you could easily remove that part to get a continuous territory check.
That does look in fact way more elegant than my solution:lol: When i come back i'll try that out.
The latest svn is presently unplayable. If I choose any civ, it just says "You have been defeated". Also, I can't open the civilopedia or hall or fame.
Yeah, that wasn't my brightest idea to include that. I try to use the python files from the former revision when it worked.
Wait, if the main designer ios one now.. does that mean I don't get the new firelancer unit we've been waiting for..? noooo...
I made a pretty primitive unit in the SVN, but it's far from perfect and i might even redo it completly.
I did and the mod works fine. :goodjob: I tried the Zhou and switched to Han when I failed the UHVs (failed the Han´s too, but the capture the Zhou-capital event was quite fun, even if it plummeted my income way into negative, because I suddenly got 3 cities that cost me tons of money in upkeep. This was partially solved when the Tang took the smallest of these, after which they agreed to a peace.)

Would be nice though if all files were put in a single install file. :crazyeye:
It's just that with all the music it becomes way too big.
My game crashed again when I was playing as Tibet.
Actually most civs that I try to play crash early or late,but what causes that?

And when I play on the later start 500 AD,the turn timer remains at 0 for an eternity.
Sorry, but i can't solve the CTDs atm.
The autoplay starts with the DLL in the SVN. That was a pretty stupid mistake i made when i included the current DLL in the patch...

Can´t confirm that, but I got a CTD playing as the Mauryans after concluding an Open Borders agreement with Tibet. It would seem there´s something rotten in the state of Tibet...
That is weird:confused: Never had that one before.
Siam's UHV2 doesn't trigger, so I rewrote it this way, and it seems to work:

Code:
if(self.getGoal(iSiam, 1) == -1):
	cityList = PyPlayer(iSiam).getCityList()
	for city in cityList:
		if (city.getCulture() >= 50000):
			self.setGoal(iSiam, 1, 1)
			break
All right. I thought it worked, but thanks nevertheless.
Do the Sui have a conditional spawn or something? I've never seen them.
They only spawn in 500AD scenario.
Additionally, everytime I try to play Zhou, the game immediately crashes.. why is this?
Because of the faulty python files, i guess.

@merijn: It would be great if you could put the SVN version into a new patch or version, so everyone who doesn't use SVN can play with the fixes.

Strange... I played the Zhou myself and encountered no problems.

It's just that with all the music it becomes way too big.

:confused: RFC Sword of Islam has custom music included, that´s why I mentioned it. A single file is way easier to install.

That is weird:confused: Never had that one before.All right. I thought it worked, but thanks nevertheless.They only spawn in 500AD scenario.Because of the faulty python files, i guess.

In combination with the mentioned CTD when trying to play Tibet (haven´t tried that myself), it would seem something about the Tibet spawn may cause a CTD.

@merijn: It would be great if you could put the SVN version into a new patch or version, so everyone who doesn't use SVN can play with the fixes.

I will.

Done a Gokturk play.

-I hope you'll add the UHV Checklist Progress or whatever it's called like in RFCE or DoC... I had no idea how big my empire is or how many map I own unless I check WB every few turns... :)

-Rename Bilge Khan to Bilge Qaghan or at least Bilge Khagan

-Why Wendi from Middle Country of Sui appear in leader board as Qin empire?

-I had some more suggestion/question, specifically the Gokturk capital. However, I need to do more research about this in Google Earth :) (Karabalgashun vs Balagasun)

-Will you rework the Papua? It's too small. I think it's safe enough if you will, as this region will not likely to affect the stability..

-I think you should swap Sundapura and a tile east of it (the Silver)

-Independent Mataram on central Java?

-Independent city Kutai on the eastern side of Borneo

-Is it just me or it looks like the Guptas are under-teched? I use the Chalukyans and the Cholas as reference.

-Is the Camel Archer invasion to Bukhara and Samarqand is supposed to represent the Samanid?

-Bukhara and Samarqand is too close to each other. Picture later :)

Last one, don't you think it's time for RFCA to have its own Sub-forum?

Well, reworking the islands by adding more tiles I'm personally against, as it would provide much work I believe, but some of those other changes I agree with, and especially the Sub-Forum part.

Why, of course! But it's just an aesthetic suggestion.. not too important :)

Just finished my research.
Found out the Gokturk capital should be at Karabalghasun a.k.a Ordu-Baliq which is located at Orkhon Valley, a place traditionally viewed as the seat of the imperial power of the steppes.

-Will you rework the Papua? It's too small. I think it's safe enough if you will, as this region will not likely to affect the stability..

There should be very small portion of the Island of New Guinea visible on the map since that island was irrelevant for all the civs present in the mod except for Majapahit who had an influence over the Wanin area.

I always thought why Balasagun is the capital of the Gokturk Empire on the map and not Ordu Baliq/Karabalghasun.
And Palau and some Micronesian islands should be north of New Guinea.

Civciv: As I just told Ben, map changes is costly in resources and a lot of rebalancing would have to be done if they were to be put through, so none of them should really be implemented.

-I hope you'll add the UHV Checklist Progress or whatever it's called like in RFCE or DoC... I had no idea how big my empire is or how many map I own unless I check WB every few turns... :)

Definitely. This is really useful, especially for UHVs where you can't really check your progress without remembering everything you've done.

Done a Gokturk play.

I would love them too. But As I'm still not good at python coding, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait until civaddicted is able to work on the mod again.

-Rename Bilge Khan to Bilge Qaghan or at least Bilge Khagan

Done.

-Why Wendi from Middle Country of Sui appear in leader board as Qin empire?

Most likely a bug. But as this is handled in C++ I probably can't fix it.

-I had some more suggestion/question, specifically the Gokturk capital. However, I need to do more research about this in Google Earth :) (Karabalgashun vs Balagasun)

IIRC, it has been there since the start of the mod. I never checked it's historicalness. If it won't affect the game too much, I can change this, if it's more historical.

As veBear said, not likely.

-I think you should swap Sundapura and a tile east of it (the Silver)

Same answer.

-Independent Mataram on central Java?

I will consider it.

-Independent city Kutai on the eastern side of Borneo

This too.

-Is it just me or it looks like the Guptas are under-teched? I use the Chalukyans and the Cholas as reference.

I didn't play an RFCA game for some time. If more people have this, I can increase their tech rate.

-Is the Camel Archer invasion to Bukhara and Samarqand is supposed to represent the Samanid?

In the python it's cold "Arab Invasion", so I suppose they do.

-Bukhara and Samarqand is too close to each other. Picture later :)

I'm aware that they are very close. But agian, mapchanges can effect the game a lot. I don't know how accurate there possitions currently are. I'll check it.

Last one, don't you think it's time for RFCA to have its own Sub-forum?

Ofcourse, but I'm not the one who does that.

Top Bottom