Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

There are already stats that show who has the biggest population or the most land in other screens. I find it to be quite redundant to make them show them yet once more.

Where? :confused:

I wondered about that as well once, and Black Whole said that it was the capital of some Gokturk Empire's succesor states iirc. Since then i stopped caring because it worked out pretty well:mischief:

Well but the successor state of Gokturk, when it was divided to the eastern and western.. the Western capital is in Suyab, while the Eastern is still in Ordu Baliq ;)

I guess BW wants to represent the Western Gokturk?

Then its capital should be moved few tiles north,
Orkhun Inscription shouldn't be the UB, imo. it's native to the Orkhon valley in the Ordu Baliq :)
Also Bilge Qaghan should not lead them.. he's Eastern Gokturk too haha

So a change in the citynamemap?

No, I mean just move the pre-placed Sundapura in 500AD 1 tile to the east.

I think too many indies in Indonesia would take away the colonization aspect from Sri Vijaya and Majapahit, and they are propably the only civs that allow that in a good quantity

Well, but these cities were not colonized by Srivijaya / Majapahit :crazyeye:
Anyhow, we can just add town in the Kalimantan then to make it simpler :)
But I think the Medang is a must because that's where the Borobudur is, also where the founder of Majapahit ancestors came from :)

edead is using this for years:lol: It turned out to be quite useful hence the wonder art in SoI. But you have to be careful because some models have huge details and would end up being too big. Which was the case when i searched for a model of for some Sri Lankan temple (forgotten the name) which wasn't included anyway.

Eek! I'm outdated == :lol:

It's merijn's turn:)
oops.. sorry merijn.. weren't following up back then haha.

And as for a subforum, i can live with the current situation. But if i got The_J right, all we need to do is spamming posts and new threads

Willing to volunteer :crazyeye: :mischief:

Well, this isn't the Tang LH used in the mod. It's propably a personal project of him.
It's indeed a personal project of me,I needed to test her for another mod.
And she is Ly Chieu Hoang of Vietnam.
She can be used as a generic empress of China,Vietnam or others and Ekmek's Wu Zetian is already used in this mod,so I used her.

Hi I took some time trying to correct/improve the dynamic name issues of the mod;

-like the issues mentioned in posts #193 / #194
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=454364&page=10
If I take it corretly the files in RFCA/Assets/XML/Text need to be edited
For the chinese factions generally delete the name middle country of XXX and use XXX dynasty as corrected in
DynamicNames_ZHOU
Shang People-Duchy of Zhou-Zhou Dynasty
DynamicNames_QIN
Western Ying clan-Duchy of Qin-Qin Dynasty
DynamicNames_HAN
Rebels of Liu Bang-Kingdom of Han-Han Dynasty
DynamicNames_SUI
Yang Family-Kingdom of Sui-Sui Dynasty
DynamicNames_TANG
Li Family-Kingdom of Tang-Tang Dynasty
DynamicNames_SONG
Zhao Family-Kingdom of Song-Song Dynasty
DynamicNames_MING
Red Turban Rebels-Kingdom of Wu-Ming Dynasty

also some no chinese factions might also need correction, for example
DynamicNames_JAPAN
maybe its better to change "Yamato Empire" to "Yamato Kingdom"

-and also the problem with the sui empire name appeared falsely as "Qin empire" in 500 AD scenario
it seems in the RFCA/Assets/python/MandateofHeaven file there are passages about the dynamic names for each civilization after claiming mandate of heaven, although so far there was no part where "Sui Empire" is mentioned, as civ-addicted said earlier that sui faction used the same slot as qin faction, is it possible to add new text lines to define the dynamic name for sui faction as separate entity? I know nothing about modding and such....

and is it possible to make a special case for Zhou factions name under Mandante of heaven? instead of the standard "Zhou empire" using the name "Celestial Kingdom of Zhou" or "Heavenly Kingdom of Zhou", for the ruling system during Zhou(also Xia and Shang) era was more feudalistic, with the core kingdom of Zhou at the centre of chinese civilization being the overlord of all surrounding "kingdoms", and the suprem ruler of Zhou dynasty was the Heaven King of Zhou/周天王and of course also commonly known as the Son of the Heaven/天子. It wasnt until Kingdom of Qin reunited the conflicting/warring chinese kingdoms after the breakdown of the old feudalistic order + over 500 years of civil war(ever since order of Zhou dynasty begin to weaken) and reorganized China into a unified and centralized empire in the real sense.

There is a typo in PulicMaps.
CIVIC_ISOLATIONISM was misspelled as CIVIC_ISOLATIONSIM.
IMHO, this is why Ming didn't work.

In SVN rev90, it is no longer an issue for RFCA 3000BC and RFCA 500AD. Since the economy civic option of Ming has been changed to CIVIC_STATE_MONOPOLY.
But RFCA.CivBeyondSwordWBSave still uses CIVIC_ISOLATIONSIM.

Something about this mod my computer really didn't like. Win7 64 bit with 8 gig ram, Radeon 5670 gpu with latest drivers. Five turns in it crashed to desktop. I shrugged and went right back in loading off an autosave. Another five turns in my computer froze for the first time in a little less than a year. After powering off and back on my OS wouldn't load anymore. I ended up using an Acronis boot CD to overwrite my C drive with a backup from last November. I suspect my graphics driver threw a hissy fit but now there's no way to be sure. One thing I am sure of is I don't want to chance your mod again.

In the upper right, it looks like a note with a red check mark iirc. Somewhere in there you can compare your total output in :food:, :hammers: etc., the size of your empire and your population to the other empires.
Well but the successor state of Gokturk, when it was divided to the eastern and western.. the Western capital is in Suyab, while the Eastern is still in Ordu Baliq ;)

I guess BW wants to represent the Western Gokturk?

Then its capital should be moved few tiles north,
Orkhun Inscription shouldn't be the UB, imo. it's native to the Orkhon valley in the Ordu Baliq :)
Also Bilge Qaghan should not lead them.. he's Eastern Gokturk too haha
Don't you think that you demand a bit too much :p?
I guess their capital could be moved a bit south to Suyab. People usually want their capital to be on a river anyway.
Well, but these cities were not colonized by Srivijaya / Majapahit :crazyeye:
Anyhow, we can just add town in the Kalimantan then to make it simpler :)
But I think the Medang is a must because that's where the Borobudur is, also where the founder of Majapahit ancestors came from :)
I get your point, but yet another city on Java wouldn't help, i guess.
After all, i'm not the biggest fan of pre-placed cities.

Komban wa!

Remember how i said that the Itsukushima Shrine is the only thing i want to see in Japan? Just felt like sharing...
Spoiler :

Yeah, that's me in front of the Torii in front of the Itsukushima Shrine...sorta. With some sort of "what have i done to deserve this" look on my face. Feel like i should adjust the art of the wonder in RFCA.
I heard from some people in Osaka that the Torii is getting refurbished, but i went there anyway and climbed Mt. Misen instead. That was pretty damn hard :eek2:

Okay, i'm trying not to get all too off-topic here. Finding a job is pretty hard, and i found out that i'm not yet in the mood to move my butt anyway. So i decided to alter my vacation plan; at first, i'll also go to the Estados Unidos de América and then back home to get the +1 movement on sea.
Spoiler :
And i know that this is one of the lamest joke i ever worked out.
What's more important for you: since i completly need to rely on my savings, my vacation will be 3 months instead of 6 months, so i will be back home by August. Possibly for modding:mischief:

Anyway, i have a really great time in Japan and most likely will come back here next spring for the Hanami i missed this year.

Attachments

• DSCN1521.JPG
    DSCN1521.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 602
  • DSCN1528.JPG
    DSCN1528.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 621
Komban wa!
Komban wa! in return (anybody who knows what I just said? I don't know anything Japanese)
Yeah, that's me in front of the Torii in front of the Itsukushima Shrine...sorta. With some sort of "what have i done to deserve this" look on my face. Feel like i should adjust the art of the wonder in RFCA.
Haha, that's a great view of the Shrine you got there... but you'll probably have time to see it later since you're staying there so long, so don't feel depressed about it :)
[...]at first, i'll also go to the Estados Unidos de América and then back home to get the +1 movement on sea.
Spoiler :
And i know that this is one of the lamest joke i ever worked out.
I laughed pretty hard at it... what does that mean?
What's more important for you: since i completly need to rely on my savings, my vacation will be 3 months instead of 6 months, so i will be back home by August. Possibly for modding:mischief:
Great news!... for the community, glad to see you'll be back so soon, though I'm also of course sorry that you'll have to shorten your vacation.
Anyway, i have a really great time in Japan and most likely will come back here next spring for the Hanami i missed this year.
Great to hear! Have fun, take lots of notes, and join RFCA again in august, couse I'm sure you could put even more accuracy and detail in it now :D

Don't you think that you demand a bit too much :p?

Hmm.. yap I think so~ :mischief::crazyeye:

so i will be back home by August. Possibly for modding:mischief:

While I'm planning to be there this year, late September or early in October.... ==
Anyway, Nihon e youkoso!

Komban wa! in return (anybody who knows what I just said? I don't know anything Japanese)

Good evening ;)
It should be Konbanwa, though.

Good evening ;)
Thanks, always good to learn a bit more Japanese, as I'm going there myself too next year... (looks like all the guys in this thread are going to Japan... must be the awesomeness of this mod that makes them go there :D )

Hello,

I got a CTD. Is it possible to fix this?

Also, thank you very much for the mod :)

Attachments

• Alexander BC-0680.CivBeyondSwordSave
    383.7 KB · Views: 35
Haha, that's a great view of the Shrine you got there... but you'll probably have time to see it later since you're staying there so long, so don't feel depressed about it :)
:( I'm already leaving in a week. I was in a culture shock at start, and this decision was made too hasty in hindsight. But well, i heard you can also have a good time in America:p
I laughed pretty hard at it... what does that mean?
It's about circumnavigation...

Whatever you like best. I've seen it both ways on road signs, building enscriptions etc., but since -nb- is almost every time pronounced as -mb-, it might be a bit better. It's propably just a matter of style, like エッチ can both be romanized as etchi and ecchi (i like the second one better).
While I'm planning to be there this year, late September or early in October.... ==
Anyway, Nihon e youkoso!
Nice. As said, it's a country to fall in love with, so prepare yourself:)
Thanks, always good to learn a bit more Japanese, as I'm going there myself too next year... (looks like all the guys in this thread are going to Japan... must be the awesomeness of this mod that makes them go there :D )
Yeah, i take a lot of credit for that ;)
It's also sacred ground for Rhyeism.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Whatever you like best. I've seen it both ways on road signs, building enscriptions etc., but since -nb- is almost every time pronounced as -mb-, it might be a bit better. It's propably just a matter of style, like エッチ can both be romanized as etchi and ecchi (i like the second one better).

Sure, off course.
Might be different for different accent around the world. :mischief:
It's Indonesianized to be pronounced as kongbangwa ~

Nice. As said, it's a country to fall in love with, so prepare yourself:)

Cancelled the plan and go to Hongkong instead~ hahahaha...
Coz' going to Japan without Hanami is useless.

Will you be always in Hiroshima for the next 3 months?

Japan too? When? Let's meet in the Hanami season! hahaha
:crazyeye:

I'm having trouble getting this version to work on my computer. Could you send me a step by step on what I should download and where to put it? If you could it would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
C10

Which state are you going to visit, by the way? :mischief:

I'm having trouble getting this version to work on my computer. Could you send me a step by step on what I should download and where to put it? If you could it would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
C10

First of all, BtS 3.19 is required.

Now download RFCA v1.1.7z (7z, if you don't have it yet, it's like Winrar, just that it makes smaller files and doesn't ask you to purchase any license every time)

Inside the .7z, there's a folder called "RFCA", which contains some more folders (Assets, PublicMaps and GamecoreDLL) in the hierarchy every mod follows. That's the one you need to put into [your BtS folder]\mods.

Everytime a patch is released, always look for the folder called "RFCA" within the file, put it into the "mods" folder and choose to overwrite all files.

I hope it works:)

No, Do I have to download everything on the first page? Because I can download 0.8 no problem. I just don't know how to get it to work on my PC. When I download the 1.1 folder and put it into the mods folder and then attempt to use it, it just leads me right back to the main bts menu. You have 4 different downloads on your thread and I don't know what to do with a single one of them. Please help me understand.
C10

Do the other mods work?

If it directs you to the regular BtS menu, that just means that the structure CIV expects doesn't exist. Just for fun, you can create a new folder in BtS/Mods. The game thinks it is a mod, but since there are no modified files in it, it just uses the regular ones instead, and you have the Vanilla BtS as your mod.

Just to be save, try to use the BtS in Program Files, not the one in My Games.
So, let's just do it step by step. Delete all RFCA files/directories you currently have in your BtS/Mods directories. Download v1.1, and try to unzip the .7z into the Desktop by "Extract here". You get a folder called "v1.1"; within this folder, drag the folder called "RFCA" into BtS/Mods, alongside with all the other mods like FFH or RFC. Keep in mind that this folder should have 3 folders (Assets, CvGameCoreDLL, PublicMaps), 2 .txt files, the .ini file and a Shortcut inside. That's the structure necessary.
First, try to make this version work before you care about the other additions:)
(also, v0.7, v0.8 and v1.0 don't need to be installed or anything. Doing that causes more harm, i guess)

Which state are you going to visit, by the way? :mischief:
Ooops. Totally overread your post. Was busy with, you know, non-off-topic stuff;)
My current plan is to spend a week in LA, then using the Grey Hound ticket to get to Miami via Las Vegas and New Orleans, then heading north to New York, where i will take a plane back home. I did a little math on this one, and 2 months should do it.

Top Bottom