Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Ramkhamhaeng is a great LH. Amra does really know what she/he's doing. His/her latest LH's were all Ekmek-quality.

Spoiler :

Is that a great LH?
It is just a reskin with other animations.
When I first saw it I thought that it was a lady dressed as a king.
Or a sort of king that behaves like a lady.
If you call that a great LH then ALL other leaderheads are at least "great" or the most are "super-duper awesome" .
At least change his background to something more "pleasant",maybe the city of Sukhothai.
While seasnake's one is accurate,not feminine,better in graphics and thus a better LH.

It's a matter of taste. Clearly, you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad LH. And you surely shouldn't determine what others must think of something. If veBear likes it, that's his opinion.

And "better" isn't defined. Maybe others have other factor on how good something is. In the case of LH, I prefer a better looking LH over an accurate one. (I mean, if a LH is 100% good looking but only 90% accurate, IMO it's generally better than a LH which is only 90% good looking and 100% accurate) But that's my opinion.

I for one like most of the leaderheads infact I like the ones civ 5 is complaining about the most, I just kind of wish you guys would go ahead and bring the Ming Dynasty back.

The only other thing I would suggest (though I dont know how doable this is) is putting a greater emphasis on the pre 600 time frame of course I must give you credit you have done the late game mechanics marvelously.

[QUOTE
Spoiler :
Is that a leaderhead of bad quality?
[/QUOTE]
Yes
Don't mean to smash your party but replacing the current one with yours just doesn't float my boat. :mischief:

Accurate? Really? Its just an imported head with a background similar to other Leader Heads, we already have enough alwaks already.
But we don't use one in RFCA and that is just rude.
Yes it's accurate,the hat,the clothes,the accessories and the leader

You mean it's rude we don't use one of your LH? There are many more things of others we don't use. That doensn't mean we're automatically rude. There are many LH we could use as an LH for the mod. You're certainly not the only LH maker which doensn't have an LH presented in our mod that could fit. You don't have to take it personally if we don't use your LH.

@ civciv5
Spoiler :
OT. Maybe it's useful to change the link in your signature to your LH gallery, rather than the main download page. Then people will know what files are yours. If the have to search themselves for your files, there is a big chance they can't find it. Or even be to lazy to do so.

No I mean this is rude:
Accurate? Really? Its just an imported head with a background similar to other Leader Heads, we already have enough alwaks already.

Sorry if this offends you, but I agree with freethink here. I have always reacted how many of your LH's steal others thunder. I can't say I like it, but I guess I can't do anything about it. Still though, if you could do e bit more to develop your LH-maker skills, then maybe you'd have some great LH's in the end.

Sorry if this offends you, but I agree with freethink here. I have always reacted how many of your LH's steal others thunder. I can't say I like it, but I guess I can't do anything about it. Still though, if you could do e bit more to develop your LH-maker skills, then maybe you'd have some great LH's in the end.
I adjusted the texture,added a hat,added two saches,added that neckthing and two gauntlets.
What more do you want me to add?
Maybe two earrings,but then it's over.
I know how to sculp LHs,I know how to add items,I know how to change and recolor the texture...
Take for example one of my LHs,Kyansittha:
Spoiler :

I sculpted him,recolored his texture,added various items and voila a fine LH.
What more do I need to learn?
It's not a bad LH,it's a great LH,it is accurate and I always try to give credit to its orginial makers.
I don't steal others thunder,I need a base to work from and then I adjust what I want.
If you don't understand that,then that's not my problem.
I try to do my best to make LHs and almost nobody appreciates it...
But I know they are fine and that's the only thing that counts for me.
PS:Other people already said me that he is a good LH,so that makes me happy

Well, I can agree that this would have been a great LH in the start of LH-making for civ4, but it's gone much further since that day. You should work more on the texture, make better assignements of the triangles and dots and edit his necklaces a bit to work better with his animations. Also, a couple of aesthetical additions wouldn't be a bad idea. It's better than Surry II though, which looks a lot like the original LH and a lot of other LH's you based on the original.

I know how to sculp LHs,I know how to add items,I know how to change and recolor the texture...

Maybe you know how everything works, but experience is also important. I had the same with XML coding and reskinning units/buildings. I knew how to do everything, but to do it in a very good way is something you can't do in the beginning. You have to get some experience. You're a relatively new LH maker. After doing it a lot you learn how to do the things you already know better, so the endresult is more polished.

It's not a bad LH,it's a great LH,it is accurate and I always try to give credit to its orginial makers.

Isn't that a bit arrogant to say of yourself? However, you are allowed to be pleased with your work. But that's an opinion, not a fact. I have seen your LH gallery. There are some really good ones among them, but also some I don't like.

If an LH is historically accurate and works fine, it doesn't mean it's automatically a great LH. A good and LH is. What it really makes it a great LH is if it's also looks good. And that is a personal thing. So some may not like it and other do.

Spoiler :
And what I think that makes a LH really useful, is if it combines the above, with a general look, so it can't be used for several leaders. I mean, a LH which looks Indian, it can be used for several Indian leaders. But e.g. Ghandi is an LH which can only be used for Ghandi, because it has a very specific look. That limits the way the LH can be used.

This isn't a requirement for an LH though. It's a nice bonus.

I don't steal others thunder,I need a base to work from and then I adjust what I want.
If you don't understand that,then that's not my problem.
I try to do my best to make LHs and almost nobody appreciates it...
But I know they are fine and that's the only thing that counts for me.
PS:Other people already said me that he is a good LH,so that makes me happy.

If the only thing that counts for you is that yourself think they are fine, why do you bother about the ratings?

It's better than Surry II though, which looks a lot like the original LH and a lot of other LH's you based on the original.
I think the opposite,it doesn't matter if it looks like the original,many leaderheads look a lot like their original.
There are some really good ones among them, but also some I don't like
Which ones are the "really good"?
Which ones do you don't like?
I could try to improve them...

I'm not going to give my opinion about all LH, but I give you these 2:

One I like is Seondeok. She just looks very cute. And the overall quality is good. It's also good looking.

One I don't really like is Pope Joan. In general, it's a good LH, but the Crown looks a bit unfinished. It looks to big and will fall over her eyes any minute. And it looks like hear head isn't "in the crown", but the crown is placed in front of her head. When these things are more polished, I think it's a very nice LH.

The crown IS actually ON her head,not in front.
It is supposed to look very big,that's were Papal Tiara's are known for,they are ENORMOUS for a crown.
Look:
Spoiler :

The crown IS actually ON her head,not in front.
It is supposed to look very big,that's were Papal Tiara's are known for,they are ENORMOUS for a crown.
Look:
Spoiler :

I know it's on her head. I said it LOOKS to me like it's in front of it.

Ok, the crown is correct. But I still think it looks strange.

I suggest moving that digression to civciv5's LH thread or to PMs.

Generally, a LH-maker cannot ask for his LHs to be used by others, no matter how good they are. That's entirely at the discretion of the modders. If someone else uses a LH, it's a reason to be happy about, but if that's not the case, then that is a bad reason to be overly disappointed. After all, it's a hobby one does for oneself - at least initially.

To : Civciv5.

I think you should learn how to listen to other people opinions and respond calmly. I don't know what is the reason you always react to other peoples respond aggressively, like forcing one to bow down and worship your argument.

IMO if "non-native-english-speaker" is the language barrier to help you utter your opinion, you could say it in your native language :)
I'm sure there are many people, even in this thread, could help you translate Dutch or German.
You sure have a better condition than me on this hypothetical situation.
Nobody can help me translate Indonesian to English :lol:

Check out this good article ;)
And yeah, there's should be a point when this debate should end for good :) :popcorn:

Top Bottom