Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Yup, adding new things might be quite hard. But try it out, and you'll get the experience you need! Also, have you guys added the Easter Egg yet? I really hope it's doable in the next version uploaded as normal DL, cause then I won't give up until I've done it :D
Next week i'll be back in the Land of Plenty, fully equiped with a Computer to play on and then it will be ingame. If i would do it right now chances are there's an error in the python which would make the game crash.
As the mongols since I get three keishks per captured city I was able to conquer all of China a little earlier than real life (sometime in the mid 1260's) continuous wars finally brought my empire down in the 1380's
That's their UP, and i felt that it's not the best solution. I'm thinking about reviving the old UP which made Keshiks spawn like Barbs, because right now, all the Chinese need to do is survive a massive stack at the start and nothing else, and if the Mongols conquered a bit, the game as human Nanzhao or Burma can become rather frustrating. As long as there are no voices against it, because it seems to me that most people are fine with it.

I believe that original UP for Mongols in vanila RFC was the most interesting one -- razing the city provides you with nearby cities. It is historical, will encourage city razing, will provide diverse troops and units. Keshiks and Mongolian troops were minority, Mongols benefited from vassals and submitted nations...

Rev 91:
The marsh button wasn't working. (in the civilopedia) This is fixed.
There was a typo in the old scenario. This is fixed.
In the civilopedia, there was a concept page that didn't have any text in it. I removed it.

Rev 92:
Enabled modules: No gamechanging effect. After I'm done with the changes I'm currently working on, I will relaunch the wondermovie module. But this time, it will be a real module. This is a preparation for that.
Fixed some text: When you copy the (pedia-)text from wikipedia, it sometimes contains characters that the game doesn't recognizes. You'll get a square instead. The textfixes remove that kind of things.

Rev 92, 93 and 94:
Various changes in the 500 AD scenario. I placed/deleted some road and improvements. Some various changes in the cities (buildings, culture, religion etc.) Deleted the known area of the civs that are "obselete" in the 500 AD scenario. (This has no real gameplay changing effect, because these civs aren't in the game and won't respawn, but it makes the scenario file much smaller) And some various other things.

Rev 95 and 96:
I deleted some [SPACE] in the code. It's no change in the map, but the size of the files is smaller.

The Jurchen really need to be buffed. I have almost never seen them expand out of Manchuria. At best, they conquer two or three cities, then get kicked out by a massive Song army. They might keep a city if they're lucky, but never come close to the Jin dynasty in real life.

Can you say what the glitch is? I can't see it.

Hmm maybe its the 3rd Bowman on the right side with an arrow(?) hanging unnaturally under his head and on his chest?

Funny that people claim Jurchen to be too weak now, I still remember the older times when Jurchen was far too powerful (who managed to beat chinese and mongolian factions every time) and had to be nerfed.

^That's a common glitch really. It means the archer has wrong archer animations assigned to it. Try some of the others, like the Egyptian Archer or maybe the Eurasian one. One of the Anim's should work. You might also be able to see it if you click the .nif file and open it in nifskope. I believe the Skeleton draws it's name from the unit with the right animation.

such glitch never bothered me much, however in my opinion there are still several things which need to be corrected to give this mod the needed *finishing touch* before further improvements.

For Chinese factions and region;
-First of all the name problems still persists; for example in 500AD scenario sui empire still appear as qin empire, as i pointed out in my earlier post there should be a way to correct this in MandateofHeaven PY file in python order,

-also the dynamic name really need some correction as well which can be done by editing files in ASSETS/XML/TEXT order.

-some city needs to be added, at least Nanjing should be present much earlier in the scenario

-southern china still much too empty, by the time of Han dynasty at least the eastern part of southern china already got heavily populated. North of Guangzhou around Yangzhou area by the end of han dynasty southern china was already on par with northern territories, thing is that even by the time of Tang faction spawn southern china is still empty wild land which shouldnt be. And for both historical fact and gameplay focus at lastest until song faction spawn there should really be some massive chinese expansion into southern direction(far more than the northern part).

Lhasa (or Tibet) should have an iron resource.
Those annoying Keshiks destroy my improvements and without iron I can not destroy them without losing 2-4 units.

Lhasa (or Tibet) should have an iron resource.
Those annoying Keshiks destroy my improvements and without iron I can not destroy them without losing 2-4 units.

Exactly Thats how it should be, as tibet faction you are not meant to be able to destroy them easily.

The Khmer should really start with a Hindu missionary,the Kingdom of Chenla was Hindu from the beginning.
And you should add an independent city in northern Thailand with Buddhism so the Khmer can conquer it.

Has anyone achieved the first UHV of Burma?
I always seem to fail to achieve it,even if I do everything that I can.

The Mongols usually survive,destroy the Ming Dynasty and remain highest in score until the end of time.
I suggest to auto-collapse them when the Ming spawn or sort of collapse them so that they still hold Mongolia (Northern Yuan Dynasty)

The Mongols usually survive,destroy the Ming Dynasty and remain highest in score until the end of time.
I suggest to auto-collapse them when the Ming spawn or sort of collapse them so that they still hold Mongolia (Northern Yuan Dynasty)

This happens because Jurchen was nerfed(maybe too much), before it was jurchen who usually survive destroying song, mongols and whoever in their way.
And in any case I dont believe ming faction is tested enough yet.

I'm playing as the Ming Dynasty now...
I see that the Mongols are alive,solid and I don't have the power to destroy them.
I also see that the Jurchens are alive and ridiculously powerful.
I also see that the Khmer are second in score and they are going to beat me at the second UHV.

I'm playing as the Ming Dynasty now...
I see that the Mongols are alive,solid and I don't have the power to destroy them.
I also see that the Jurchens are alive and ridiculously powerful.
I also see that the Khmer are second in score and they are going to beat me at the second UHV.

Maybe play a few rounds more and at least the Mongols should become more unstable and (hopefully) collapse. Since the waiting time for Ming faction is the longest it would be rather difficult for playtesting, although in my games as Ming faction I have rarely seen jurchen and mongols both kicking at the same time, though the one whos kicking was always ridiculously powerful with many vassals and so on, which was nothing for a newly born ming faction to be able to handle.

It was intersting that when I play as Tang or Song faction Mongols and Jurchen would always be at each other's throats from the start, when mongols spawn they would often send troops soon after towards jurchen and northeastern China which was also quite accurate historically. Though the outcome should be that only one of them would remain and roaring though asia until Ming faction spawn in central/southern china.

Top Bottom