Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Then don't suicide attack ;). Don't be afraid to sacrifise some siege units. And try to promote your starting Infantry or Elephants with City Raider. Try to attack ASAP.

If you bombard the defense bonus of the city away, an Infantry has about 40-60% winning chance. (needs to be verified) If you promote them upto CR3, it can easily raise above 90%. And even if you loose, you can try again 1 turn later (and repeat several times if necessary).

Sometimes your are lucky and sometimes your not. But if you don't try, you'll never have a chance.

I know I have to get Hinduism in Indrapura,but where do I get Buddhism from?
Please give the Khmer a Hindu missionary... or I will do it...

Why does the Khmer need a Hindy missionary if you can get it from Indrapura? Do you mean a buddhist missionary?

-I know that you proposed some better ones; it would be nice if you could dig up the posts where you wrote them :please:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11416554&postcount=193

and

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11484609&postcount=284

Of course that improvements for dynamic name shouldnt only limited to chinese factions, Japan might need something to better represent its shogunate era (maybe even add tokugawa as the 2nd standard leader for japan). Also did you play the new version of Dawn of Civilization from Leoreth? I believe it got some very good new leaderheads, though mainly for the western nations there might still be some for asia(for example the lama monk leaderhead for tibet which looks quite nice), maybe its possible to ask for permission and import some for Rhye's and Fall of Asia?

Civ-addicted already said that he will NOT replace ANY leaderheads and that he will NOT add leaderheads that change with the time.

However I plan to make a modmod where I will add leaderheads that change with the era,as well as replace some and other things...
This are my plans for changing leaderheads:
Khmer:Suryavarman II,Jayavarman VII
Japan:Kammu,?
Mongolia:Genghis Khan,Mandukhai Khatun
Burma:Anawrahta,Shin Sawbu
Tibet:Khri ma lod,Gendun Drub
Chola:Karikala Chola,Rajendra Chola
Korea:Gwanggaeto,Wang Kon,Sejong

This sucks. Now when i finally could play again, my computer catched a virus and i can hardly get any of my files:mad: So sorry for not contributing for now.

Still, i played some games and it seemed that disabling the Chola UP fixed the random crashes. Or did i just get lucky?

Well, at least you are back at home with much wider support system :) There must be some way to recover those files :dunno:

P.S. Something is wrong with Galley Icon in 500 AD scenario.

Well, at least you are back at home with much wider support system :) There must be some way to recover those files :dunno:

P.S. Something is wrong with Galley Icon in 500 AD scenario.

Which civ? Is it the SVN version? I recently moved the buttons to an atlas. I might made some mistakes in that.

It seems that most custom buttons are messed up: UUs, VD buttons like Indian Archer and War Elephant, Persian War Ship, and Terrace. I disabled some VD units for testing it, and it solved all problems i had with it like crashes. Sort of good news to find the cause:)

If it's buttons that are giving you problems, check if there's a preceding comma in the art defines although you don't use a button map. Such a crash cost me a week recently.

It's not very likely to be the preceding comma. I recently moved all buttons to an atlas and now every tag should have a preceding comma.

We had the same bug in RFCE. But if there really was a preceding comma, you'll get a CTD. He must have seen the button (how could you else see that there's a problem with it?), which indicates that the game didn't crash.

Well, I was able to see the buttons too and they still caused a crash for some reason.

In RFCE, we could also see the buttons in the civilopedia or even when it was already on the map and the human player selects it or in the WB. Only when the human player or the AI tried to build the unit which button was bugged, the game crashed. (So you could have a game without a crash, if nowone builds the bugged unit)

Random question, but does anyone think that later on, different Bombard artstyles will be given to each culture group? Cause I was thinking if it happened, that someone could make the fire cannon from civ 3 scenario Sengoku for Civ 4, it'd work for Japans bombard.. If no one wants to that's ok too, its just a suggestion..

Additionally, for the Tavern building, is anyone aware that an Asian building for that exists? We could replace the European building with it if someone wanted.

If you provide us with the art for the bombards, we will include them. It's however very difficult (if not impossible) to convert civ3 units to civ4 units.

It would be useful if you said the name of the Asian replacement. ;)

I would like to help, I really would, but the problem is that I don't know how to make stuff. If there are any tutorials on how to, and software that's free, I'd try to, cause having a fire cannon would be cool. And I think I found the Tavern included in rise of mankinds art files..

Has a new update of the mod been posted somewhere..? People on this forum talk of the ming being fixed, and various other things changed that aren't in my version.. Along with something called svn too..? am I out of the loop lol?

Top Bottom