Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Then there's something wrong with the .ini file... no offense, but my guess is, that during installation, you messed up really bad. Open it and edit it so those choices won't be there anymore. Should be pretty self-explanatory.

Hey dudes, when I click "play scenario" it appears 3 options:
-RFCA 3000AC
-RFCA 500AD
-RFCA

It is strange because the ones who have more civs (so I think the updated ones) are RFCA 3000AC and 500AD, so what happens to RFCA? How can I delete it?

Go to where you have installed it. Go to publicmaps. Delete the RFCA.civbeyondswordwbsave. You could also ignore it.

(The RFCA is indeed an old version. I will delete it in the next version.)

the mod's speed is too fast,and i feel the developing time for tang civ is too short before song civ is born.
hope in the next version the speed can be ajusted and the random map could be played and the manchu civ could be added and so on

Hi everyone, thanks heaps for this mod, I've really enjoyed it and was very excited to see an update. I have found there are some stability map problems at least as the Sri Vijayans...

That is not likely to happen.
As many things are scripted, they need to be on an exact date. If you change the timeframe, all of that will have to change as well. It will be too much work. And I'm afraid I don't even have the coding capabilities.

A random map is certainly not going to happen. It requires too much work. (in fact a whole new mod) You can try RFC RAND, if you want a RFC mod on a random map.

IIRC, Civaddicted has plans for a modmod with more civs. (Like RFCE++) I however have no idea if this will realy come and how soon. It will not going to happen for RFCA though.
To give you an idea how much work it is to add a new civ, look here. (download the textfile in the bottom)

I'll try to fix the stabilitymaps.

Thanks heaps. I hate to be a bother but I had a question about the Mongol UHV, where is Almalik on the map? I cannot find it...

FYI installing music module over ver. 1.2 breaks the game because it overwrites EraInfos xml. It'd be better if it was made into an actual module so it doesn't overwrite anything.

Hello.
I really like this mod and I think it's a much needed addition to the RFC mod mod series.

I have a bug: when playing as Japan, the historic victory achievements are misplaced. In the victory screen where it says the progress of each historic victory, the progress of the espionage victory and the island victory are switched. So it says "Colonize 5 islands (2550 total)" and "Get 65000 espionage points (4 total)."

Awesome mod.

The Song used to be one of my least favorite dynasties. Now it's probably my favorite because of this mod.

Wish I could build Pound Locks in non-Coastal cities though. It should be allowed in River or Coastal cities.

Edit: the features I like most about this mod are:

(1) Soundtrack. Very authentic. Almost makes me homesick.

(2) Silk Road event. Nothing in Civ IV is more win than getting 4 Great Merchants, 1500 :gold:, and a source of Spices on top. I need to explore other options (I choose "let's see what they've brought"), but reloading doesn't replicate the Silk Road event.

(3) Specific religious buildings. Dongtian & Taoist Alchemist in particular. It shows a deep knowledge of Chinese culture on the creator's part.

(4) Mandate of Heaven. Great fun but realistic too. Hopefully the large number of Buddhist Wonders can balance out this mechanism, so that this mod does not appear too sino-centric. The AIs are very fond of building non-Buddhist Wonders though. In my Song game Korea builds the Terracotta Army.

(5) Assassins. Nothing is quite victorious as murderizing foreign Great Merchants without declaring war. This is the stuff of legends.

Edit 2:

I take the back. The Tang remains my favorite dynasty ever. It's so awesome!

Guptas start with no tech. Not intentional I hope.

AI Tang always collapse a few turns after birth. I think this could be intentional. Except AI Sui is really weak - if AI Sui is buffed then AI Tang is not needed IMO.

Also loaded a Ming start. Mongols won Domination the next turn. With no vassals, I think.

Got this mod on a new computer and it is great!
Do any of you have tips for achieving the UHV for the Qin, Han and Tang?

Got this mod on a new computer and it is great!
Do any of you have tips for achieving the UHV for the Qin, Han and Tang?

Just played a Qin game with Zhou already collapsed. Don't found on spawning point, 1 go north, settle 1N from stone, 1 go east, settle coast near copper.

Get a great scholar during GA.

Conquer Yan, it has iron.

Defend against barb until you build the Great Wall.

Work on non-river tiles first, Yellow River will flood once and destroy all improvements. Well this is historical.

Build Great Granary, Harappans seldom lives. After you secure stone, all should be easy.

Against Han: They didn't move out their army, and collapsed automatically turns after. Laughable.

UHV #3: you need 80 units, so research toward coinage, and mass SCOUT (16 hammer). That's boring!

Just played a Qin game with Zhou already collapsed. Don't found on spawning point, 1 go north, settle 1N from stone, 1 go east, settle coast near copper.

Get a great scholar during GA.

Conquer Yan, it has iron.

Defend against barb until you build the Great Wall.

Work on non-river tiles first, Yellow River will flood once and destroy all improvements. Well this is historical.

Build Great Granary, Harappans seldom lives. After you secure stone, all should be easy.

Against Han: They didn't move out their army, and collapsed automatically turns after. Laughable.

UHV #3: you need 80 units, so research toward coinage, and mass SCOUT (16 hammer). That's boring!

Thanks!
I usually try to take Yan but that is usually after I conquered the Zhao..
I'll put your plan to use..

Great looking mod, but when I try to load the WB save, an error message pops up that says "invalid mod directory, ignoring" and then vanilla BTS loads. Do you know why this happened?

Thanks

Do you have BTS 3.19 installed?

If this isn't the problem, where do you have the mod installed? Is in the the my Documents/.../mods? Or is in in the Program files/Civ4/BTS/Mods? It should be in the last directory.

Top Bottom