Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Orkhun Inscription shouldn't be the UB, imo. it's native to the Orkhon valley in the Ordu Baliq :)
Also Bilge Qaghan should not lead them.. he's Eastern Gokturk too haha

I think the Gokturk UB is fine as it is, but you are right about the orkhun name. How about changing the UB name to something like "stone memorial' or "stone inscription"?

From wikipedia:
Spoiler :
The Göktürks have left artifacts and installations all over their domain, from China to Iran. But only in Mongolia have any memorials to kings and other aristocrats been found.

In addition, why would you have the Vietnamese start at 200AD? at 200ad they are just a rebellion, not much of a nation. They gained autonomy around 500ad and independence around 900ad, start southern conquest around 1000ad, so you may want to move them to later date and change the UHVs a bit. This will also present some challenge to Nanzhao and Khmer. At the moment all 3 are quite dull to play.

In addition, why would you have the Vietnamese start at 200AD? at 200ad they are just a rebellion, not much of a nation. They gained autonomy around 500ad and independence around 900ad, start southern conquest around 1000ad, so you may want to move them to later date and change the UHVs a bit. This will also present some challenge to Nanzhao and Khmer. At the moment all 3 are quite dull to play.
I'd find the other way around pretty boring. You would end up being Dai Viet, practically restricted to your Capital to keep it historical, and your sole porpuse would be to survive the Mongol attack.
But the way it is now, you have to build an empire in a bigtime alt-history scenario, where you not only have to repell all chinese invasions, but also have to build an empire with more influence than China itself. And to do that, you have all liberties to do so; expansion, technology, vassals etc. which i find preferable to "control this, this and this". And doing that all with a sort-of amazonian civ.
Granted, it's not perfect right now, China likes to neglect this part of the map, but the mod is still in development, and it's not as if i don't care about that:) Someday it will be more challenging.

Thanks, it worked. Now I appreciate everything that you have done, but could you please tell me how I can use the patch? I would like to see the new start date. Thanks again
C10

At last:)

Use v1.1.1.7z just the same way; unzip the .7z on your Desktop, look for the folder called "RFCA" with the respective subfolders. Put this folder into BtS/Mods like the original mod and merge the two directories. If it's done the correct way, you should be asked to overwrite a lot of files (like in the hundreds).

That should do it. Have fun:goodjob:

Thanks, and the wonder movies and music downloads on the first page work in the same way right?

Hello,

I got a CTD. Is it possible to fix this?

Also, thank you very much for the mod :)

I think I recreate the same CTD again: right at 650AD, when the Tang got their Mandate. One thing I notice is the excessive city ruins in Han China when I explore this region, you probably want to remove improvements quickly by placing city ruins on them. I wonder is it possible that the code to place more city ruins upon city ruins caused the game to crashed? (i played as Chola from the 3000BC start).

Why is China focused on so heavily in this game?

What about the Shogunate in Japan and all the civil wars there...?

Or what about all the Dynasties that happened in India?

It would be more exciting to play RFC Asia if more than just the "Mandate of Heaven" mechanic was expressed. Like a Shogunate mechanic in Japan.

I think I recreate the same CTD again: right at 650AD, when the Tang got their Mandate. One thing I notice is the excessive city ruins in Han China when I explore this region, you probably want to remove improvements quickly by placing city ruins on them. I wonder is it possible that the code to place more city ruins upon city ruins caused the game to crashed? (i played as Chola from the 3000BC start).
That's a possibility, but the crashes seems to come too randomly :/
You might want to add Rakhigarhi to the IVC's CNM.

Sources : Climate change blamed for Harappan collapse
Sounds good to me.
Why is China focused on so heavily in this game?

What about the Shogunate in Japan and all the civil wars there...?

Or what about all the Dynasties that happened in India?
China has been prominent from the start, i never minded this fact. My main points, whenever this comes up, is always that China is the first thing assciated with Asia for most westerners, and that China's culture is so important for most of the map that it would be even a bit unfair to make them play the second fiddle.
I'm currently on vacation and have a lot of time to think about stuff, including that mod. Since the mod is feature-complete, almost all the things left to change are balance-related and bugfixes. So i'm collecting ideas for a modmodmod which, maybe, moves the emphasis away from China, i will see if something good comes out of it and if it's worth being published:)
It would be more exciting to play RFC Asia if more than just the "Mandate of Heaven" mechanic was expressed. Like a Shogunate mechanic in Japan.
In what way? Mind that there isn't room for another Japanese civ, and just spawning units somewhere isn't that great either; it always seems like an unjust punishment to me.

Instead of another Mandate system,maybe you can add titles like in SoI?
Chakravartin,Vikramaditya(Emperor of India)...

That's a possibility, but the crashes seems to come too randomly :/

It's not random, I think. Every time when I play Chola from 3000BC start then at 650AD (when Tang appear and fight Han) the game crashes. I'll try to play another game with different civs from 3000bc to see whether the same problem happens to them as well.

Edit: I can confirm it now. Playing as the Gupta from 3000bc I got the same problem at exactly 650ad. You might want to check the code for this.

Hey please don't get annoyed but is the firelancer closer to being finished? and if you could, maybe provude a sceenshot please? if you don't want to that's fine, I'm just really looking forward to it's completion. Thanks.

Black Whole promised me he would include a fun event in the mod. To fullfill this purpose I have included everything you need to include this in the mod in the little .txt file here. Now you can say RFC:A is the first and so far only RFC mod to include easter eggs ;)

Attachments

• RFCA_EasterEgg.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 66
Instead of another Mandate system,maybe you can add titles like in SoI?
Chakravartin,Vikramaditya(Emperor of India)...
I don't think i'll include titles like SoI has them.
It's not random, I think. Every time when I play Chola from 3000BC start then at 650AD (when Tang appear and fight Han) the game crashes. I'll try to play another game with different civs from 3000bc to see whether the same problem happens to them as well.

Edit: I can confirm it now. Playing as the Gupta from 3000bc I got the same problem at exactly 650ad. You might want to check the code for this.
I remember that the spawn of Vengi used to caused a crash, due to the Chola UP. I might disable the Chola UP for testing purposes, it would be quite a shame if that's the only reason for the crashes.
Hey please don't get annoyed but is the firelancer closer to being finished? and if you could, maybe provude a sceenshot please? if you don't want to that's fine, I'm just really looking forward to it's completion. Thanks.
I'm surely not annoyed, just understand that i'm on vacation until August, so my means are limited for now.
It bugs me that i had to leave the Firelance so terribly unfinished, and it was more of an experiment of mine, and i might redo it completly.
Black Whole promised me he would include a fun event in the mod. To fullfill this purpose I have included everything you need to include this in the mod in the little .txt file here. Now you can say RFC:A is the first and so far only RFC mod to include easter eggs ;)
:lol: I might need some more time, but consider it done.

Not quite. Sorry :D

By the way, I would also make sure that this UU isn't displayed in the civ selection screen (and preferably also the civilopedia).

Top Bottom