1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.3

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Feb 6, 2014.

1. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I have a "spread Hinduism" in some way UHV for them in mind. I hope it will be useful someday. It's just that while playing them i found that the world around me needed some fixes too, so i've put them on a hold.

Nanzhao is fixed.

2. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

The message that tells you that a new Silk Road trading partner has risen has a spelling mistake- "available" is misspelled as "availible".

Edit: The message that tells you of a Silk Road trading partner's fall also has a couple of typos- "devastated" is misspelled as "devistated", and "remaining" is misspelled as "remainig".

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

English spelling is just strange sometimes all the time

4. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

I have some idea
    Srivijaya have good theme music but Majapahit...
    Can Majapahit use Gending Majapahit? This epic song very suited for Majapahit civilization...

Link to video.
    My friend create Gending Majapahit and he probably happy if his creation use in RFCA...
    I can send this song if you want you this...:p
    ----
    Sorry if my english bad

5. MISER SVM

MISER SVM Grand Procrastinator

First of all let me say one thing: I am utterly enamoured by this mod. Good, it might have to do with the fact that I have one of these useless Social Sciences/Humanities degrees pertaining to the region. I have downloaded it and added the patch, and and have tested out some of the Chinese dynasties. My skills might not be up to Mandarin, but the lowest difficulty setting is a bit... embarrassing to say the least ;). That said, I get an error message each time I load the mod (something with the XML and the unit_info) and the Ming keep crashing while loading. The first thing is only slightly annoying and doesn't seem to impair the experience- although the pedia seems to be broken. The second point is about one of my favourite dynasties- although it was founded by a paranoid and mass-murdering psychopath (that's something the rather avuncular leaderhead doesn't quite requesent)- and I will probably have to play as another civ first for that. Oh and I found a typo, which is Pinyin related. The city of Shangqiu (I guess it's that one: 商丘) is rendered as Shangqui.
    I have another question: are any additional civs planned? Currently there's a Liao 遼-shaped hole in Northeastern Asia. After all the Khitan were quite significant! They could get a stability covering Central Asia, so that they might relocate should they get defeated by the Jurchens. Koguryo 高句驪 or Balhae 渤海 might also be other good alternatives. A Qiang-based or Tangut civ would be nice too, just to have Xi Xia 西夏 represented. But out of those suggestions, I think the Khitan might be the most worthwhile. I know devising a UHV and a UP is a lot of hard work, but I hope this finds some consideration. And lastly: any native speakers of Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Indonesia as well as Boso Jowo up to do some voicework (this would also make DoC even more lovely)?

6. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Welcome :)
    Thanks for the track, i'm confident that i can use it in the later eras. Is it from some game?
    And welcome to you :)
    If you're talking about Qin, i think it turned out to be quite presentable :) It's weird that you mention this about Qin Shi Huangdi, because i never came to think about it. But to be fair, some of the other vanilla LH look a bit too nice. I think of Bismarck as a pretty stern guy, and in the game he looks like a nice grandpa.
    Right now, at this stage, i'm trying to finish the mod in the current state, to have sort of a balanced game for all the civs. New Civs are just, and let me be bold here, out of the question. However, i played around with the idea of spawning an indie stack of units near Beijing, because it's kinda odd that Song always gets the city.
    The typo is fixed. And for the language, that would be nice :) Right now, there's only Khmer for everything in South East Asia, and that's like having Georgian to represent all European languages.

Coding is really really slow at the moment; I bought Europa Universalis IV on the Steam summer sale. Probably the biggest mistake i made in the past time :shake:

7. MISER SVM

MISER SVM Grand Procrastinator

Hi thanks for the swift reply! Well, if the Liao cannot fit in anymore, I can live with them as barbs or independents. Although they did have some considerable achievements (I once saw some of their artifacts in an exhibition in Switzerland- fascinating stuff). After all, they did give the Song quite a few headaches! Anyway, I didn't mean Ying Zheng (Qin Shihuang), but rather Zhu Yuanzhang (Ming Taizu aka the Hongwu emperor) :) . But I agree, neither of them were probably very nice people to be around, to say the least...
    Have to do more playtesting; the Tang on 3000BC seem to be manageable, or maybe I was just lucky there was no consolidated empire around. BTW: Shouldn't this mod get a subforum at some point?

8. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

No. Gending Majapahit is creation of my friend to remembering golden age of Majapahit.
    I use Gending Majapahit in my game( i create some war game theme of Nusantara kingdom like Majapahit and Srivijaya but stopped in coding :D...)
    just send private message if you want this track...

Awesome mod. I would happy to give some contribution like give idea to new independent city in Indonesia area and many more :D

i play this mod with Japan (250 AD) but why Qin empire still exsist? :confused:
    I have update my RFCA to latest version...

9. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

I am native of Indonesia but i can't speak Boso Jowo :lol:
    I have idea: RFCA time expend to colonial era(1700)..
    is my idea weird :lol:

10. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

Hi Pedalahusa, me n Civ-addict have discussed expanding the mod to 1600 AD keeping in mind developing the Mughals and Ming Dynasty.

Right now there's something planned along RFCE++ with more civs. But I doubt he'd expand it to the colonial era at least beyond 1600. Till then I think its manageable if you show them as trading companies because there were no major colonial conquests till that time I think . Maybe Phillipines ? I'm not sure when the Spanish took it.

In any case with no offense intended to anyone, I think Butuan is the most useless civ there is in the game :( . Either they be really pushed up or be done away with.

11. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Spain claimed the Philippines in 1521 and the first settlements/conquests were in the 1560s. If you're only going up to 1600 you can probably just ignore them. I really do think it would be interesting to play through the European colonization of Southern Asia though...

12. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

If you expanding time beyond 1600...
    I recommend to add Aceh Civ with leader Sultan Iskandar Muda and Makassar Civ with Sultan Hasanudin.
    Aceh sultanate was founded in 1496 and they are bitter enemy of Mallaca Portuguese.
    They are ally of Ottoman.
    Dutch take many years to conquer them and they only independent kingdom in Indonesia who still exsist until 1903..
    Sultanate of Makassar is biggest rival of VOC company and they already trading with native people of Australia in north Australia before Europans discovered Australia..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasanuddin_of_Gowa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceh_Sultanate
    I think I can recommend Mataram Sultanate but they territory very small (They largest territory only most of Java and some area in Kalimantan)
    I agree that Butuan mostly unless but i like to invasion them :lol:
    Maybe you can expend until 190o (isn't weird idea?)

13. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Wow, that is really great! Kudos to your friend :hatsoff: Now there is really no way around using it :p.
    The transition from one dynasty to another isn't deterministic, but keeping it in the spirit of RFC the mechanics provide for alt-history scenarios. I didn't follow the numbers, but at least 2 out of 3 times you should see the dynasties prevail as they did in history.
    1500 is the end of the timeline, because it provides a reasonable breakpoint with the collapse of Delhi, Majapahit and the Timurdis, plus the advent of european intervention which is basically a mess. I played around with some ideas in my head, and one of them is a continuation of the timeline, maybe until 1950 or even 2000. But that would require the balancing of the very basic things like tech tree, units and buildings. Before i agonize myself with that i rather finish this project first :p

Butuan is kind of useless, maybe. I think the main point for it was to prevent Sri Vijaya or Japan from settling this area. But i think they can be fun to play anyway.

14. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

The big plus for me in expanding beyond 1500 would be including two of my favorite Indian empires, the Vijayanagarans and Maratha ! (The latter if you're pushing beyond 1600) Islamic political power in india was really finished once the Marathas emerged. Mainland India ( South and East of the Indus ) came under the domination of the Marathas and that state of affairs remained till 1761. It was only after that the british and French started to become a serious political force in the sub-continent.

On a side note, I have this group the link of which is there in my signature where we discuss Indian history you're welcome to join to get more info and clear doubts if any :) . *( I'm also doing an India story which is giving me more ideas/suggestions for an enriched India gameplay.)

15. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

Alternative history...:p

if RFCA expend to 1900>, it would be slowing RFCA progress...
    it would be better end of timeline expend to 1900

16. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

It would be fun if Vijayanagara and Martha civ in RFCA...
    I hope Aceh sultanate and Makassar Sultanate in RFCA
    History goal Aceh:
    -Spread Islam in all Indonesia Archipalego
    -Control Sumatra and Malaya peninsula in 1650
    -accumulation 10000 gold
    History goal Makassar:
    -Control spices trade in east Indonesia
    -Naval army must strong (still ambiguous :lol:)
    -Make sure VOC didn't expend culture to own territory
    just some Histroy goal if this two civ in RFCA...

17. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

I think if Aceh and Makassar are there, it should be a conditional spawn. Like if the Majapahit collapse, then it would arise. Or maybe one of them could be conditional. Then the population goal of the Majapahit could be changed to keep control of the Indonesian isles by XX date.

UHVs for Vijayanagar :

1) Prevent any islamic power in Peninsular india.

2) Be richest civ by 1600.

3) Be most cultured civ by 1600.

UHVs for Marathas :

1) Unite all of South Asia (incl. Afghan provinces)

2) Ensure no European colony in South Asia.

3) Ensure no Non-Indian power in South Asia.

*(Marathas spawn if Vijayanagar collapse)

18. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

Aceh rise at 1493
    Majapahit downfall at civilwar Majapahit call Paregreg from 1405 to 1406. Maybe all city outside Java declare independent. (Paregreg war is bitter fight between Wikramawardhana, son-in-law of Hayam Wuruk and Bhre Wirabhumi who son of Hayam Wuruk from concubine. Real name of Wirabhumi is unknown)
    Makassar actually founded in 1300 but they convert to islam around 1600... maybe in 1406, Makassar civ can be strated :D

i have heard about Marathas in empire total war and Vijayanagara in Europe Universalis 3 :lol:

19. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

Well you can join my group I'll be posting stuff about Indian history there. :)

20. Pedalahusa

Pedalahusa Chieftain

my pleasure