1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Edungeon, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I second that question.

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it does work, pretty well. You'll see.

I'm not answering any other question, I'm sorry.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Without enlarged Europe, the European Civs will have 2 or 3 cities. Even if they are given large bonuses to their development, still, the area which was historically very important, the area where fierce wars were fought, will be only the small area from which the Europeans will send ships to colonize, and nothing more. Thus, it will be really unimportant in the late game, when the Europeans will really develop their colonies.

Or maybe I am understanding something wrong. Maybe the whole map will be bigger or something.
    ------------------------------------
    Wow, this is my 500th post! :bounce:

4. Whitefire

Whitefire Chieftain

I've actually had no problems with the 2 new civs in Europe. If you remember, they're meant to be 1 city civs, which balances Spain and Germany with England and France. Currently, Spain/Germany can grab/settle more tiles than England/France.

5. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

This sounds freakin' awesome, with like giant lasers.

Congrats Rhye!

6. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

"why? There was no Greece in 600AD"

There was no France when ruled Charlemagne, and there was no Germany when existed Holy Roman Empire (...of the German Nation).
    In RFC terms Rome was unstable and Greece resurrected (OK- it wasn't called "Greece" but I don't think that you'll include GB as another non playable civ because it is called differently than England ;) ).

7. sennomulo

sennomulo Friendly

I have faith that the scenario is reasonably historically accurate, and well-balanced. We just don't know what kind of great ideas they've come up with, and we'll just have to wait and see what they are. I know this is going to be a great scenario. :goodjob:

8. botur2young

botur2young Chieftain

Luko, if the Byzantine Empire is in BTS anyway, it makes more sense to use them in 600 AD than Greece.

9. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

Oh, can someone make a article in the wiki with this information? :p i don't know how to format in the "wiki style" :D

10. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Byzantium is unplayable. And there can be Greece and Byzantium at the same time :/

11. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

Remember, don't forget Poland. It may be one of the 2 remaining civs

12. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

I don't think so- too many people don't like it :p

13. Whitefire

Whitefire Chieftain

The last 2 civs will make y'all very happy.

I probably said too much already :mischief:.

14. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

I'm never happy. And the only civ I really want is Italy (which is way more important than Poland, we just happen to have some pretty powerful ancestors...)

15. botur2young

botur2young Chieftain

Ethiopia and Vietnam? Maybe?

16. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister Chieftain

And for so long now in reading the reports of Beyond the Sword I was thinking to myself "How will Rhye incorporate all these new civs? How will he do it? Europe is already crowded as it is! The Byzantines!!? The HRE?!? How will he add them all?!?!"

The answer is: He won't. And very wisely so.

You know, despite all the suggestions and critiques I and others may have, I have never encountered a mod that has so much of that I want in a Civ game as this one does. It is by far the best mod I have ever played and I actually use this as my default game when I play Civ. Rhye you have thoroughly impressed me! :D

17. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister Chieftain

Whatever the new civs are, just PLEASE no more Euro civs!! :eek:

It's already crowded enough as is, and we have more than ample representation of that admittedly important area of the world. A SE Asian Civ MUST be put in the game. If not, China will be the sleeper civ of the game; while Europe is in a bloodbath or financing expensive colonies and unless someone really dominated the Middle East, more of the same is happening there, India is generally weak and the Americas/Africa usually backwards, China has virtually all of the East Asian lands from the Mongolian border to Singapore uncontested.

I'm typically not one to get too excited about the prospect of a civ coming or going in the game as they do "generally" get it right but I think the game, especially a world map game , will be thrown off balance without another East Asian civ to keep China in check.

Hope Firaxis does the right thing here.

18. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

I won't be happy without Poland so no everybody will be happy :p

Italy is more important if you count it when it wasn't united too. Or you count Rhye as a Italian Great Person. Or if you forgot about Italian army :p

19. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I think that as only united it's still more important, but you're definitely right on the army :lol:

20. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Thank you very much! Related to what you said, I have another surprise that I'll reveal soon