1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Edungeon, Jun 15, 2007.

1. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Chieftain

Thank you Elhoim! Thank you Edungeon! And thank you Rhye! It's been a long time, but I'd like to get back into RFC, it's looking good and going strong, obviously. :cool:

SilverKnight

2. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Oh this all is certainly exciting. I'm really looking forward to playing a true colonial game as the Dutch or Portuguese. Really though, everything looks great and I can't wait for it!

3. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

4. Bianezzi

Bianezzi Chieftain

For the Portuguese Empire to be historically correct, it should be able to survive a foreign power capturing Lisbon. It happened more than once in History. During the Iberian Union it lost political representation but remained existent as a nation.

During the Napoleonic Era Lisbon as captured and the Royal Family moved to Brazil.

So, if Lisbon is captured and the Colonial Empire is big enough, Portugal should be able to survive.

5. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

Hurrah! I'm very happy to see that the Dutch and Portuguese are included in RFC. Thanks very much for all your endless hard work.

That certainly sounds like an improvement but I hope it doesn't mean that the pre-colonial independent cities that existed in the SE Asian archipelago will still be absent from the game. This archipelago was a highly populated region made up of various South East Asian peopls that should have to be invaded not simply settled (whether by the Japanese or Dutch or whoever). Also, on the games where I've used the world editor to add the historical independent cities they have provided a highly effective barrier to pre-modern Japanese colonization.

6. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Thanks Edungeon for the excellent summary and for allowing me to use it in the BTS Info Center thread. Consider this a thread subscription, for when you update your information. :D

7. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

hehe, no problem. I will update when i have the confirmation from Rhye that Khmer and Ethiopia are the new civs :)

8. Greeneyedzombie

Greeneyedzombie Chieftain

The dutch never went to australia. We discovered it by shipwrecking on it, but never made colonies there. so shouldn't it be indonesia? (the first and main dutch colonie) And shouldn't the dutch colonization efforts be halted by the japanese? Instead of the otherway around?. The japanese efforts where halted by america and australia.

9. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

The Dutch explore a whole lot of Australia. The explorer was Tasman (hence Tasmania). They also explored New Zealand ( Zealand is the most soutern Dutch province (Zeeland in Dutch)), but they never settled the land.

Japans colonization effort of Indonesia is a RFC fenomina withc will be halted if the Dutch get there frist. During WWII Japan conquered Indonesia.

10. Greeneyedzombie

the portugese where there first, till the dutch kicked them out. And as far as I know the japanese never made colonies till the beginning of the 1900's
    But to me it just seemed australia was more important then indonesia in the statement. And we still discovered it by shipwrecking on it.;) exploration came later.
    I'm not familiar with RFC, but I expect it to change when BTS comes out. :)

11. SadoMacho

Why do you wait?

12. Greeneyedzombie

to much to do and finish. Can't use another distratcion. :(

13. SadoMacho

I have been reading the preview to BtS. Some new features (like the new espionage and the corporations) will dramaticly change the game that I'm allmost afraid to play the game.

One thing is realy strange. No screenshots and not previews of RFC:BtS.
    Strange...

14. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I agree. Rhye, could you pass some our way, please?

15. sennomulo

sennomulo Friendly

Seriously, they keep telling us everything about all these crazy sci-fi/fantasy scenarios that I'm never going to play and they're completely silent about all the ones that actually have to do with civilizations.

16. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I am not allowed.
    I'll ask again but I already know the answer "our marketing takes care of that stuff"

17. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

So true, expected though.

18. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

I hate them

19. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

the man is a rock....

20. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

He is not a man