1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Edungeon, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti läski apina

Rhye@ Can you answer this: Will there be any kind of article about Rhye's BtS made by some internet site?

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

none that I know of...
    there's going to be a review on paper of the main mod in a couple of italian magazines, but I haven't been asked by anybody about BtS

3. biggamer132

biggamer132 Chieftain

He is a rock.

I'm really looking forward to playing the BtS version of RFC. This mod is so good that a couple of my games on it have gone a couple hundred turns past 2050 (unfinished business to take care of).

4. dionysos2048

dionysos2048 AntiSarko

Can you give us a link to that article when it's done, per favore?

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

sure, I will.

p.s. with "rock" you mean that I don't give up to your requests?

6. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Good Guy / Deviant (depending on context)

Wonderful to hear you're not going to let firaxis' blunder ruin the game. Good to know that at least there are is one person associated (now) with the development of BTS who have some historical sense. :goodjob:

7. Gatsby

Gatsby Chieftain

Rhye,

I am really looking forward to your mod in BTS!:)
    I have two requests though:
    1) Could you please add more turns to the late game from about 1700-1750AD onwards? The modern age tended to be quite rushed RFC Warlords, and the AI generally has trouble keeping up with the real world in terms of technological advances (eg sometimes most/all of the civs still don't even have railroad by 1930).
    2) Would it be possible to give observatories to American cities automatically when they are founded? I think the Americans need that extra scientific boost considering both their late start and the demanding time limits of their UHV goals.

Thanks!

8. KaiserBenjamin

KaiserBenjamin Chieftain

Maybe it's just me but I never had a problem with American science. Admittedly it takes a while to catch up but I had enough time to completely finish the tech tree (first player to do so) and win the space race with 24 turns left to spare.

9. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Even in the most recent versions? I recently had reduced AI tech costs a lot...

10. Wilhelm II

Wilhelm II Chieftain

Firaxis' interpretation of vanilla Germany is very Prussian (Frederick never ruled over Germany, nor was his Prussia the largest or most important German state, Austria still had an edge over Prussia at that time), so including the HRE makes sense for medieval scenarios (isn't there a medieval scenario in BtS?), otherwise I agree completely.;)

11. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Good Guy / Deviant (depending on context)

People say that because of the leader-list and to an extent the city list, but Rhye's mod mods both making it a truer Germany. Because Firaxis chooses to put bias on one era of German history and one part doesn't mean good mods have to follow them, nor does it mean the Germans have to spawn twice.

12. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I agree with the HRE being left out of Rhye's mod. I also agree that Firaxes Germany is prussianised, however I think that rhye just mixed that with the modern and they still have little to do with the medieval era.

13. Wilhelm II

Wilhelm II Chieftain

A positive side-effect: whenever if ever we want to have 2 UUs/UBs per civ, we have them atleast for Germany.;)

14. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

And Rome :mischief:

15. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti läski apina

Actually, we mean that you don't care about Firaxis's orders and show us everything in BtS-Rhye. :mischief:

16. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti läski apina

Revelation: Maya's UHV:

17. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti läski apina

And more: Khmer will start between Arabia and Spain, Dutch will start between Russia and Mali and Portugal will start between Mali and Inca.

It's odd that Dutch start so early, Netherlands didn't exist before 16XX, I think.

18. Barak

Barak Chieftain

While the Netherlands may have come to prominence in the 17th century, the county of Holland was established as a county of the HRE in the 9th century.

19. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

It was in the 17th century that it won its independence

20. Whitefire

Whitefire Chieftain

True, but it was birthed as a nation when it declared it's independence from the Habsburgs in 1580.