1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization info and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Rhye, Aug 3, 2012.

1. eazyseeker

eazyseeker Warlord

Just to clarify things..

The reason we are currently working on vanilla only is for compatibility purposes. This way, we can build and finish a base that all can play (G+K is disabled automatically).

Then, when we are able to consolidate and release a solid, balanced and thoroughly tested version for vanilla, we may step up and port the project to G+K. :)

2. deanej

deanej Deity

Don't most modders just drop everything but the latest expansion? That's what happened with civ4. Nobody but Rhye would even acknowledge that anything other than BtS even exited as far as modding was concerned. If you wanted to play a mod but didn't have BtS, you were told to upgrade.

3. M41d3n.dc

M41d3n.dc Chieftain

If someone is interest by a french translation, i can bring my help :)

4. hevehoc

hevehoc Warlord

Ofcourse not, but I was just assuming he meant the expansion versions :rolleyes:

5. Bob_

Bob_ Warlord

It would be great if the map with true start locations could be released :). I always search for good world maps but there simply is none. I do not know a better world map than rhyes civ 4 so I conclude the same should be true for civ 5!

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Out of curiosity, can those with God and Kings play the Vanilla version (by that, I mean is it possible to disable God and Kings? I think it is under the DLC button right?)

7. landlubber

landlubber Scottish Nationalist

Yeah, you can disable G&K using the DLC button on the menu screen.

8. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

9. deanej

deanej Deity

10. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

11. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Rhye, for this mod, will you be speeding up produciton, especially of units, at all? I find that civ 5 sometimes takes too long to produce units needed for massive wars, and since time is limited in rhyes and fall, im wondering how ill be able to create Alexanders empire..

12. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

I agree with this maybe setting Unit Production to 65-75 per cent would be a major improvement to the game. This can be done with one line of .sql. Some like

Code:
    -- Insert SQL Rules Here 
    -- Game Defines
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --UPDATE Defines SET Value = XX WHERE Name = 'UNIT_PRODUCTION_PERCENT';

13. ArnoldI

ArnoldI Black man!

Will Brazil be a major civ in Rhye's and Fall of the Civilization V?

I'd really like to see it, because Brazil is a big exporter, have a big territory and resources and is being a great diplomatic power to the world nowadays.

For some suggestions, this thread may help (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389573), but these are the biggest options for Brazil until now:

Leader: Pedro II

UA: Terra Brasilis
    :c5culture: costs for tiles and +1 :c5gold: from luxury resources.

UU: Dragão da Independência
    Can fortify / receive defensive bonuses.
    +30% :c5strenght: and +1 :c5moves: within your own borders.
    Replaces Lancer

UU2: Voluntários da Pátria
    Cost less 25 :c5production:
    Begins with Drill I and Foreign Lands Bonus
    Replaces Rifleman

14. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

15. Saracen Knight

Saracen Knight Chieftain

well, i am not acknowledged of modding stuff, but want to ideas (since rhye's is my favorite)
    besides, i am new to the fanatics, so if this is not the place to do so :) feel free to tell me "get out of here" :)

considering dynamic city names: when i played rhye's civ IV, sometimes i used to build Arab cities in the depth of Africa. but it was named Kufah, and on more building it continued the sequence of normal arab city names. what about new names?

16. HardRocker

HardRocker Student.

It only does it in a historical sense, if the Arabs never founded any cities in Australia (they didn't) then it reverts to the list in the original xml. Not sure if you could change it, but honestly it doesn't bother me.

17. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Additionally, i would wonder/ask if maybe since 3000 B.C. is the start of the game, the start Civs could have a few free techs... I would say Agriculture, Mining, Archery, Pottery, And Animal Husbandry, since all were known at that time, and it would allow for more classical era emphasis, thus allowing greater empire construction.:)

18. HardRocker

HardRocker Student.

Technology as it is progresses too quickly, that would give the earlier civs too large a boost as realistically they didn't build large empires. Alexander's was the largest of it's time and it was conquered not built.

19. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Too quickly..? How so..? I was actually more referencing Chinas empire, which in the game is more built than conquered.. Usually. I don't know, i just like making sure i can actually keep up with the eras semi accurately in the game.. Having.gunpowder at 850 A.D. is fun.:)

20. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person