Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

Hello everyone,

Upon starting the mod it crashes to desktop. Can you explain what to do?

Thx,

Do you have Beyond the Sword with 3.19 patch?

I have problems loading the mod. I have BTS 3.1.9. Here is the error message I get.
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/7139/rfc.png
Unmodded Civ works fine, as well as other mods do. What could be the problem? I have ATI Radeon x550.
A year ago I played older version of RFCE and it worked. Maybe it is some bug in 1.0?

I have problems loading the mod. I have BTS 3.1.9. Here is the error message I get.
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/7139/rfc.png
Unmodded Civ works fine, as well as other mods do. What could be the problem? I have ATI Radeon x550.
A year ago I played older version of RFCE and it worked. Maybe it is some bug in 1.0?

I also had that problem
ATI Radeon cards do that in a few cases
Last time I experienced this for both Civ IV and Europa Universalis III, an idiotic windows update messed up something for Radeon video cards about half a year ago
Try refreshing your video card driver, it worked for me

I also had that problem
ATI Radeon cards do that in a few cases
Last time I experienced this for both Civ IV and Europa Universalis III, an idiotic windows update messed up something for Radeon video cards about half a year ago
Try refreshing your video card driver, it worked for me

Yeah, I just did it and just now I see your post. Strangely, I don't remember putting an old driver when I installed XP (which was not so far ago) but obviously there was a newer driver since the installer didn't tell me I install the same version. Thanks! And btw I really like the intro-music - it's a Bulgarian song. :))

Where is the svn link?

Edit: Never mind, I found it (I think).

Cool
Anyway, if someone else search for it, here is the link:
http://rfceurope.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rfceurope/

The Download GNU tarball option there always has the latest version
But it's much easier to use TortoiseSVN or another similar program
Way more straightforward, and you don't have to download everything each time you want to update

Yep, my link was for a direct download of the latest version
Thanks for posting the SVN link too

OK, I downloaded the zip, but what do i do now? I've tried just copying the RFCEurope folder to Civ 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods , but when I open up BtS, there is no option for RFC Europe, only for the normal RFC 300 BC and RFC 600 AD.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Have you unzipped it ? if yes, then try double clicking on the RFCE map directly in the Mods/RFCEurope/publicmaps.

Question: If I download the latests SVN will my HOF be erased or not? This barbarossa really needs to be changed, I don't know how I kept it this way for so long

Do you mean that the HOF get erased when you update the mod or when you have the vanilla version and switch to the SVN. If it is the first, they won't be erased. If it's the second, it will.

I guess it's the second. I downloaded RFCE 1.0 some time ago and updated to version 1.01. But as far as I know I never downloaded a SVN version of it (to be true I was ignoring all SVN related stuff, but now it's not possible to do this anymore, as I really want to see the changes we discuss here).

So I guess it will erase my HOF right?

I installed the mod fine and it loads great, but when I play after a couple of minutes it always CTDs with a generic "Civ 4 beyond the sword has stopped working bla bla bla" message.
Yet the normal Rise and Fall worked fine.
It's a shame because I LOVE the look of this mod. Can anyone help?

Top Bottom