Rhye's and Fall RAND: Preview #1

Germany didn't exist until:
- Prussia had absorbed enough neighbouring city states during the 1800s.
- Nationalism had developed.

By Germany I meant states like Prussia and Saxony. These 4 countries all existed during the Napoleonic Wars. I see what your saying though, even though Germany wasn't united at the time I still consider it to be a country.

Yay! I can see the pictures now.

I know you're still working out a lot of the details, but I still have a few annoying questions and comments :) :
1) I would love to see Sumer, the Native Americans, and Byzantium, if no others, added as playable Civs.
2) Eastern Siberia it very well could be, but it'd be upside down, since southern Siberia is actually pretty warm.
3) In RFC as it is now, cities go by the historic names of cities at their location (except in historical cases like Greece or Japan settling Argentina or whatever). In RFCRAND, this obviously will not be possible, but will we retain the city lists from RFC, or revert to the (less awesome) standard Civ4Bts lists?
4) Spawn times, will they be in the same order as normal RFC? Like, will we still have the same starting 4 (or 5, with Sumer?), and the Americans coming last, or will they be mixed up? I guess they'd have to be to preserve certain UPs? (Like Greece's and Egypt's?) In that same vein, will religion spawns go by the same timer they do now?
5) I had another, but I forgot... anyway, looks awesome and I look forward to playing! :D

**6) Oh right, I remembered. Will the various modcomps (the religions and the inquisitor come first to my mind) still be useable? If not, could you incorporate those religions and the inquisitor directly into RFCRAND anyway, since it will be less of an Earth Simulator at that point?

By Germany I meant states like Prussia and Saxony.

But most of their territories were in the Holy Roman Empire.

- Imagine Sibera upside down, as that kind of Egypt was rotated 45°

- I have no plans of adding new civs for the moment (would bring a lot of additional work)

- Dynamic Civ Names are in

- Spawn areas, terra maps and city names will be covered by some of the next previews. For this reason I'm not clarifying their details

You should look at Cephalo's "Perferct Earth Map Script". It produces great maps, at least if you play above standard size.

It has no marches though - (I may be wrong as I only use it on Warlords.).

It is compatible with mods - I use it to generate worlds for Total Realism (for Warlords).

It does work for BTS also. :goodjob:

I'll make another suggestion to try the PerfectWorld script (I assume this is what Harrier means by "Perfect Earth"). Because it models rainfall and elevation, not just latitude, as things that determine the climate, it gives you a world where one part of it can be very different from another. In places you'll find sprawling deserts, dense jungles, interestingly-located mountain ranges, and so on. It makes exploration fun again.

It can be fun to tweak the settings. Myself, I've messed with it to produce less dense forests (too often I find large landmasses with forest on nearly every square) and more tundra and ice at the north and south of the map. You'll need to tweak it anyway to add marshes, which would presumably come from a certain combination of temperature and rainfall.

I second rspeer - and it is very varied, with realistic yet different maps.

From my experience, it seems to have enough tundra, though some more ice and obviously marshes should be added.

I third. PerfectWorld is the best map script in my opinion. It creates very realistic landscapes, without necessarily making worlds shaped like Earth. We should look into integrating it.

I love the idea of RFC on a random world. Couple observations:

I would love to see the ignored civs (Korea, Sumeria etc) to eventually be added. Naturally it would be work for later versions, but would make this RFC RAND more unique from the RFC vanilla.

Also would love if eventually we could get random spawning as well. Not sure Rhye if this is in the plans or not, but too often we anticipate not only the location of spawning civs, but also the timing. Not knowing who, when or where the spawning would take place would be really cool, and make for a totally different experience every time.

I love the idea of RFC on a random world. Couple observations:

I would love to see the ignored civs (Korea, Sumeria etc) to eventually be added. Naturally it would be work for later versions, but would make this RFC RAND more unique from the RFC vanilla.

Also would love if eventually we could get random spawning as well. Not sure Rhye if this is in the plans or not, but too often we anticipate not only the location of spawning civs, but also the timing. Not knowing who, when or where the spawning would take place would be really cool, and make for a totally different experience every time.

This is the exact same thing I've been hoping for in the above posts. I thought that spawning would be random anyway because I love the idea of not being able to predict spawns(Mayans never knew when the Aztecs would spawn, Arabs and Turks etc.) If Rhye won't add those civs then I'll help someone else do it, same with spawn areas.:p

RFC concepts with a custom mod it seems to me quite "strange" but it could be interesting. Good luck for this project.

And what about a Rhye's and Fall of Colonization?

To those who want the other civs: more civs = slower game.

So...

Completely agreed. One advantage of a random game of course would be setting world size and total number of opponents. These features would also make for a "different" experience than normal RFC.

Naturally, we would want more civs per world size than vanilla Civ.

Seeing what some people say, I'm wondering about what exactly will this RFC Rand be:
- will it be like RFC, with the same leaders, the same goals, the same things happening at the same dates, but on a different map, or
- will it like like an epic game of CIV with the addition of stability, unique powers, plague, random respawns..
?

Top Bottom