• 2/5: The level of details sucks

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 2/5: The projection sucks

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 1/5: Please study mapmaking before posting again

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Iztvan

By the way, I think Sweden needs somw plutonium. Perhaps it's not on your atlas, since it's not being mined (for political & environmental reasons). If Sweden was ever a dictatorship, occupied or in big trouble with energy, we could mine it. I can check out the exact location, if you are interested?

Oops!!
I noticed that I forgot to put it on last versions I uploaded. But don't worry, it is on my mod (in a new 170x170 map, hehehe)

Very nice map, but some your resoures are messed! For eample you have whales place where no cities can reach and Oil around Babylon should have one below it and one above it. Northern and Southern Iraq oil fields. There are other issues to....But over all its a REALLY GOOD MAP...Like to see a 140x140 or Even 100x100!

Later

HOT

Originally posted by HeartOfTroy
Very nice map, but some your resoures are messed! For eample you have whales place where no cities can reach and Oil around Babylon should have one below it and one above it. Northern and Southern Iraq oil fields. There are other issues to....But over all its a REALLY GOOD MAP...Like to see a 140x140 or Even 100x100!

I know that some whales are unreachable but they are on the atlas and so I put them.
About oil in Iraq, I couldn't do that because you can't put oil in flood plains without changing the rules. And I didn't want to do that. People who look for a pure map usually don't like seeing modded rules, expecially if there's nothing in the readme explaining what's been messed.

I understand what you mean, but if you worked with the tiles in Iraq you could possibly pull this off.....About the Whales move them just a bit toward a tile that can use a city and then they are still pretty accurate.

Later

HOT

I might have to judge this as the best earth map ever made, in terms of playability combined with accuracy. There are problems, of course, but only because of the size limitations.

Italy, for example, is just too small for Rome to ever have a real chance.

Have you ever thought of making a version with pre-placed cities, Rhye? The AI tends to build them a lot farther apart than they need to.

Yes Rhye, preplace towns :)

You could make 300 BC, 110 AD, 1000 AD, 1500 AD, 1900 AD, 1950 AD and 2000 AD scenarios ...

I think placing towns is very easy. But to make an accurate thing, some civs should be substituted with others. That's a harder work: a scenario creation.
I will not mod for a while, but somebody could do it.

Is it possible to play your mod in multiplayer or no? My roommate and I play conquests exclusivley together vs the computer. We would love to try your mod but cant figure out how to get it into multiplayer except copy the biq into the conquests folder. But that wont work right?

Originally posted by tuz
Is it possible to play your mod in multiplayer or no? My roommate and I play conquests exclusivley together vs the computer. We would love to try your mod but cant figure out how to get it into multiplayer except copy the biq into the conquests folder. But that wont work right?

Are you talking about this map or my mod (link in my signature)?

Anyway I think that both of them could be played MP, but I think that all the players should have the mod installed.
However, MP allows max 8 players, and in a 180x180 or 170x170 map, made for a 31 civs game, I don't know how it will work...

Any particular reason why I'm finding tobacco in places like Europe?

(my apologies if this was brought up earlier in the thread ... I'm lazy).

I propose than planes and boats play as in Civ 2 :)

Top Bottom