Rhye's large Earth map (134x130)

Rate this map

• Total voters

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Another Earth map based on Robinson's projection with a bit larger Europe.
It's very similar to my 180x180 world map, in a smaller size.
Accurate resources and starting locations, fast loading times, more room for the European civs.

Attachments

• preview134130big.jpg
    preview134130big.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 24,706
I want a conquest version of 134x130 :)

And a Rhye's of Civilization Version :)

Cool map :goodjob:

It would be nice to have a C3C version;)

btw awsome map:goodjob:

Truely this is the best map I have ever seen. It wouldn't take you long ryhe to update it to Conquest like maybe a day? I would do it but Im not sure where resources are to go.

KOC

PS...PLEASE!

yeah i agree the 170X170 map that i use now on rhyes of civilization is too big even with my computer now it takes several minutes to load each turn, i rather want a smaller map, i liked the 140X140 map you had on an earlier version of rhyes of civ. and why cant you make this use the new rhye of civ...

Lord_Azazel said:
yeah i agree the 170X170 map that i use now on rhyes of civilization is too big even with my computer now it takes several minutes to load each turn, i rather want a smaller map, i liked the 140X140 map you had on an earlier version of rhyes of civ. and why cant you make this use the new rhye of civ...

when i said this i meant this 134X130 map

because my 170x170 is the result of months of work of refinement (there are countless invisible resources, and any food or strategic or luxury resource and any LM terrain is in its spot for a certain reason of balancement).
The 134x130 is a pure map, it would require lots of work to make it accurate (and it would only contain 16 civs). Instead most of the people are pushing for the expansion pack, and I'm giving the priority to that).

I understand, and my problems are soon solved, ive ordered a new computer... 512 MB Ram 3,4 GHz athlon 64 bit

This is, without a doubt, the best Earth map I've played on, all the way back to original Civ. The way the games develop is just great; very balanced. It's the perfect size. It's just great!

I have a version for C3C, with starting loc's and resources all in place (based off Rhye's original 180x180.) How do I post a file on here? If someone tells me how I will post it. In the meantime here is a preview: a recent start of mine as the Byzantines.

Attachments

• Byz WM 1.JPG
    Byz WM 1.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,633
To post a file, put it in zip format and then attach it like you did that picture :)

Ok, here it is. I assigned all starting locations except Byzantines and Ottomans, and left Istanbul/Constantinople unassigned. This works perfectly if you choose all your opponents; but if you play all random opponents and both Byz and Ottomans come up, one will start out of place. I realize this isn't a perfect solution but I always choose my opponents to be appropriate to the time/location, so it works well if you do the same. I am open to suggestions on a better solution.

Attachments

• Rhyes134x130 C3C.zip
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,126
Looks nice. But do you think I could handicap the zulus and native americans. Like what Paul did. And is it a bad idea if I add Egyp? Oh and is it just me or did you add two Italy Penisulas next to each other? I don't know how to make pictures so someone else do it.

A month or so ago I downloaded this map, and it worked wonderfully (and was probably the best earth map I played) but then my computer crashed, and I had to reinstall civilization. And now, when I download this map it says the file is corrupt. Do you have any advice?

Top Bottom