Rhye's of Civilization Expansion Pack RELEASE DATE: December 4th, 2004

Morgan UK said:
Just to put my thick head on.... Do you mean that I have to download the four parts of the 2.65 files that make up the mod AND........

The lastest patch:
Update v2.62_to_v2.65 (2MB, doesn't include previous updates)

as that is all that I see on your FIRST page of the mod or is there something that I am missing...?
I assumed that ll that I needed were the four parts of the 2.65 files...?

I updated both part1 of complete 2.65 and the patch 2.62-to-2.65.

So it's the same, if you downloaded them before this morning, you can download the part1 only OR the patch, as both will replace the wrong file.

I must say it looks quite good from the readme.

I am glad there was that Job at Firaxis thread for you to advertize as I usually don't go to the mod forums (I usually prefer scenarios) so I would not have really seen it (which is wierd since it is not exactly a new product, albeit updated).

And obviosuly you have graphic skills as well.

Albeit I have always had nice exchanges with Kal-El (or other team members) and considering him a good CFC-pal I must say I agree RaR (I was a playtester for a while) is a bit drowned by the quantity of stuff, the tech-tree being just one such example).
Now I haven't yet tried your mod and could not judge its quality but I will check it soon (but not before the 4th of December).

Nevertheless RaR is a great mod and pleases a lot of people that might prefer it to your mod for some reasons or play both because they are different and provide them with different styles, strategies and such.

LouLong said:
I am glad there was that Job at Firaxis thread for you to advertize as I usually don't go to the mod forums (I usually prefer scenarios) so I would not have really seen it

No, wait, I did not post any advertisement of this thread in Firaxis's job thread.
I posted a link to my explaination on possible misunderstandings, as I saw that both DomPedro and Steph retired from posting.

Sorry, I did not automatically mean you personally but your supporters. Which is in your honor ! Especially by comparison to some....

So at least that thread was useful for making me (at least) notice your mod :)

Morgan UK;

Well said.

However, on the other hand, I find it very refreshing, especially in these current PC times, when someone (like Rhye) boldly states the truth as he sees fit.

Make no doubt about it, as you state, Kal-El and his crack team w/DYP & RaR have done superb work. They're first class people. Period.

There's also no doubt that Rhye's mod breaks new ground in a most significant way.

It most certainly does reduce load times which was a desperately needed for us "huge" world fans. As one who's played extensively DYP, BBW, TML and other fine mods, IMO, Rhye's is the first one that allows huge maps to be playable and fun. That's a biggie.

And so polished....everything works. How nice is that?

Eagerly awaiting the pack :D

Blasphemous said:
As an alpha tester who's just about to play the beta, I can tell you guys: it's gonna be good. You guys just wait

Lucky you Blas :p
Well, you do deserve to - you have certainly given plenty ideas and feedback to Rhye :D

Attachments

• Blasposts.JPG
    Blasposts.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 462
Like this ( a picture tells a thousand words )
Sorry if you take the simplicity as an insult - it is a bad habit of mine to tell people things in a very simple way.

Attachments

• Rhyething.JPG
    Rhyething.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 475
-0blivion- said:
Lucky you Blas :p
Well, you do deserve to - you have certainly given plenty ideas and feedback to Rhye :D
@_@
It may be because I just returned from a successful war on both Russia and Austria (almost at once) but this kinda shocked me... I feel kinda light-headed. Weeird. =X
Anyway, proud and glad to contribute to the best mod/scenario available on the net for the best game available in the market. :D

I do hope that you intend to keep to your plans for the release of the expansion pack today, then again I can imagine that you feel under enough pressure to release it without me reminding you :)

Best of luck with this highy anticipated release :goodjob:

Top Bottom