1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's of Europe Civ Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Squirrelloid, Nov 8, 2007.

1. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Ya sorry. This would be more useful.

2. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

Hi guys, I've just been reading the first post and some of the last posts, first time I read this thread, and I have a question:
    Is this mod ready? I'm not talking about a 1.00 version, maybe it's in a testing period? Cuz' it seems like you guys are testing it out, but I didn't find any download link or something. If it's ready, I'd like to test it out and help.

3. micbic

micbic Optimistic Pessimist

Yes, the mod is in a testing period. You can download files from ''Rhye's of Europe Files '' thread.

4. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Page 1 of RFC Europe Files. Nov.8 version. Try a later civ. Maybe Hungary, Poland or Kievan Rus.

BTW Only joined today? Where ya from? Welcome to CFC and RFC Europe.::)

5. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

I've been here on RFC forums for a few months now, but I don't post too many messages.
    And I'm from Israel (know anyone else from Israel on these forums?)

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info :)

6. micbic

As for me, I am Greek.
    The mod worked since upgraded to 3.17
    It seems kinda interesting

7. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

There are a couple from Israel. Lokolus is I think. I'm orig. from Canada but live in the UK now. Welcome also.

8. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Ya. I meant you. First day here? Welcome. Looking for lots of input. Plenty to fix yet.

9. donbot

donbot Chieftain

Hi there- long time lurker, first time poster. I have no knowledge of coding, but I will give any help I can

I have downloaded the latest test version and had a play through as Poland giving myself some starting techs. I only lasted until 1500. No major stabilty issues, but a large and aggressive Bulgaria attacked me with numerous horsemen and crushed me.

Also, Several states had collapsed- France and Burgundy were both gone when I spawned, Venice had been raised, and Cordoba and Spain were all collapsed. One other thing I noticed was that the city naming in England was wrong in places, with Cambridge in the north.

In general this looks to be an excellent mod in the making

10. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

Everyone,

As this thread is getting somewhat crowded with lots of different topics, I created a testing/feedback thread for gameplay experiences, bugs, and that sort of thing. Hopefully this will get us our own subforum, but even if it doesn't, go ahead and put feedback in there, ok? We should be mostly done with the civ debates that this thread was created for, but it would be nice to keep it relatively on topic for reference.

Thanks to everyone who's testing.

11. operafantom

operafantom Chieftain

Hello there!
    I just want to thank you all your work so far guys, this is great! :) Even if it is still not ready fun to play. Some semarks: I play with Hungarians and I recognized that UB Stronghold has only unique graphics but no special ability (I checked it more than one if I'm incorrect sorry about it). Austria is beginning with wrong names. I think there could be a mistake with that the names of the built cities are 5-6 (or don't know) lines lower. And I think that if Hungary (I mean me) didn't adopt orthodox Bulgaria and/or Byzantium would kill it. They are too strong there. And maybe civs could start with more than two settlers. I know that Magyars when came to the Carpathian Basin were like 500 000 people. And with two settlers to start in Central Europe is quite hard.
    Again guys great work, congratulations!
    Bence

12. Cornelio

Cornelio Chieftain

There is no Austrian city-name-map yet, but I'm working on it.

Things like starting units, techs and balancing are something for the future.

13. micbic

To understand, where should I put suggestions and-or experience?

14. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

If it's things you've noticed while testing, post your report on the new thread.:)

15. Barak

Barak Emperor

OK, I'm embarrassed to say that I am DLing the mod for the first time this morning to give it a go. Since there is no instructions that I could find in the download (nov8) i figured I'd ask here.

I have the mod loaded correctly, I assume that I play a scenario, not "play now"?

16. micbic

Open the Public Maps file in the Public Maps folder of the mod

17. Barak

Barak Emperor

Got it, thanks.

18. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

New test version is out:

-the bug with mountains producing food and hammers should now be FIXED.
    -the emphasis on stability is now shifted from Agriculture alone to Agriculture + Industry. report any more stability issued.
    -city maintenance cost has been reduced for all civs (especially Byzantines)
    -city stability penalty is now applied for cities past the 12th city.
    -more civs start with appropriate Missionaries.
    -more UHVs added, please test them, especially Bulgaria, Hungary,Kiev, Venice and Norse (the new ones plus there might be some issue with the Bulgarian UHV, but I am not sure).

Please report bugs to the playtesting tread. Add savegame from 4 - 5 turns before the bug (if possible).

19. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

So what does everyone think on giving Venezia the mercenaries UP and Genoa a more commercial UP (maybe one that regards overseas trade) ?

20. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

We devised the Merchant Republic civic specifically to accommodate Venice and Genoa, one of them should have that one. As for the Mercenaries, both civs would be playing rather offensively so they both could benefit from the Mercenary UP. I don't think it makes much of a difference which war the civics go.

BTW: you can very easily change the UP by editing Assets\Python\RFCEBalance.py file in the RFCEurope folder (if you feel like coding).