Rhye's Warlords bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Arkaeyn, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

I started playing as the Babylonians for a while, and came across a few problems. Two minor Sid's Tips bugs:

The Edubba has a Sid's Tip which has TXT_KEY error. The Pyramids still have Sid's Tips talking about the government help, not the Stonehenge strategies.

Most importantly, I came across a Persian graphical bug where their Immortals appeared to have moved the unit but left the graphic behind. See the screenshot where my bowman are occupying the same square as the Immortals. You'll note that the Persian flag is in the square to the right.

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do for the 2nd bug.
    As for the first, could you please tell me where I can check sid's tips quickly ingame? (I know, I'm a noob)

3. Stellan_87

Stellan_87 Chieftain

Hi i have problems during my first game as Vikings, the game crashes and says something about bad memory allocation, i did play a long game as the Babylonians before that but no chrashes then.

4. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Played a bit as the Greeks, found that Hammurabi's diplo music for the medieval age doesn't show up, probably a tag error based on my experience. And also, there is that weird bug that on the diplomacy screen, it says the leaders name and next to it where it should say the blah blah empire, it repeats the leader's name, for example: Cyrus-Cyrus, where it should be: Cyrus-Persian Empire.

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

this is Firaxis' fault. That screen is hardcoded

6. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

When you invent a tech the resulting pop up shows what buildings and units you can make by displaying their thumbnail icon. These are much smaller now.

Also, in the city screen all those thumbnails are blurry.

7. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Also are culture flips turned off? I had the independent cities around Babylon reduced to 0% culture but they never flipped.

8. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Ok, another case of a UHV staying as "not yet" after the deadline. Playing as Babylon the victory conditions requiring Babylon be the top cultural and top population city, the deadline came and went and still says "not yet".

This may be because I didn't build Babylon, I built Ashur (a much better spot imho). Can someone confirm this is the reason?

If so, can we change the UHV to require instead that the "Babylonian capitol" instead of "Babylon" or "a Babylonian city" instead.

9. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Another bug that is left over from the vanilla version (but I never remembered to report:

When you switch civs, some of your options are reset. For example I have "wait at the end of the turn" checked, but the game ignores that once I switch. The box is still checked, but it doesn't wait. I have to uncheck it and check it again for it to work.

10. Aeon221

Aeon221 Lord of the Cheese Helmet

The 0% culture for the independents is a display thing. In my game, when I sent a soldier over to check it out, I got a declaration of war due to trespass, the sudden appearance of an enemy soldier, and the proper showing of the culture.

Dunno why, but that was why. Culture flips do still work, as I had two Tibetan cities flip to me.

11. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

I finally got a flip, of a Persian city. But I had it enveloped within my culture for like 200-300 turns before it flipped.

12. sdLeo

sdLeo Cosmopolitan

As the Greeks, I can't trade with the Russians (they just flipped). I can trade gold but no resources or tech... If you're gonna ask for a save, please tell me how (or post a link to a how-to...

13. holy king

holy king Deity

the english just dont try to colonize north america....

14. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Prince

Not really a bug, but in the readme under Turkey's unique power, it says "Spanish" and not "Turkish." :p

SilverKnight

15. RetepSlein

RetepSlein Chieftain

I've been playing as The Vikings - and I got a city placed in (North) America before any other European country. But it wasn't enough to get a point for historical victory.

Is it a bug - or should the city be placed before The Aztecs?

And is that even possible as one needs galleons/astronomy before transporting settlers ...

/Niels Peter

16. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Babylonia, Greece got Writing before me, first UHV says "not yet."

17. Phallus

Phallus Freudian Slip

In a game of mine they colonised the Azores instead.

18. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it should be updated when you discover next tech. Is it?

19. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

post a savegame please - just before you build that city

20. waylander

waylander Chieftain

The Babalonian UU say they cause collateral damage but they do not really.