1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rick´s Water Pack - Alpha Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by RickFGS, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Vladi

Vladi Chieftain

Leave women now...I am waiting on your scenario:)...be quicker

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Your quite welcome Rick. There is one reason that I find this terrain particularly desirable. It is the best terrain I have seen for making navigable rivers.

So, thank you too. :goodjob:

Attached Files:

3. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

Very very nice picture.

As small notes:
    -you can use my desert as your LMDesert files too, just make a copy of them and rename them as lxDGC.pcx, lxDPC.pcx and lxDGP.pcx, but you must know this already of course...
    -cities on river crossing, like Thebes on your picture, can have a small river passage with my terrain (work borrowed from the Sleek Landscape creator), and still be crossable by land units (its better to the eye to view a river not blocked), if you play around with the tiles, like so:

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Thanks Rick I'll give this a try. In the mean time, I am having a problem with the LM terrain. as pictured below. Any advice?

Attached Files:

5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

It may be a similar problem to the water one. Make sure all the pcx - including LM files - have been replaced and or renamed. Otherwise you get an unexpected mix of terrain.

The navigable rivers look very suitable.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

I think it is the mountain terrain and/or the hill terrain that is causing the problem, or Maybe I have made an error in setting up the LM terrain files. :confused:

7. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Mountains/Hills use the standard grass terrain as a base. IIRC the lm mts/hills use lm grass.

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Who has a link or copy of Ronnin's Grassland terrain? Can you post a link?

9. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

What you need to do is make a copy of the xDGC, xGGC, xPGC, xTGC and so on files and rename them to lxDGC, lxGGC, lxPGC, etc. Landmark mountain go search for base terrain in lx files instead of x files IIRC.

10. MPK

MPK prince

11. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

12. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Bravo! :clap: Your wonderful sea-terrain made great progress! I add your seaterrain-files to the next CCM mainfile. Thank you very much for your good work! :goodjob: And I agree, the screenshot of this terrain for navigable rivers looks splendid! :):goodjob:

Attached is a screenshot of your sea-terrain in a randomly generated map of CCM:

Attached Files:

13. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

Thank you Civinator, i´m glad you enjoy it :D I´m going to play CCM more often now :mischief:

14. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

@Note - Due to pc techincal problems, work on the third version (which will include coast-sea-ocean cliffs) is on halt. expect updates in a month or two.

15. wuhjah

wuhjah Chieftain

First, great job on the water. The movement livens things up. Furthermore, thanks for doing it because up until now terrain has always seemed an enigma to me. You inspired and motivated me to go check thing out, and thanks to reading some informative threads now actually understand what wooo or xdgc even means.

I also now went back and found your Battleground mod. Looks cool and I look forward to the release.

A few questions:
    I think I understand you use Sleek's tundra. What about those white trees? Are they yours, in Sleek's set or out there somewhere?

I guess there's so so much I still don't know, but what are all the little things in your pics/mod?
    Of course, I mean like the clouds, the drying rack, the whirlpool, the shipwreck, the bird, (walls seen in your mod thread,) etc. Are they all immobile barbarian units? If so, are any like the walls, bird or whirlpool animated? If so, you make me want to send some units in to smash those walls.

16. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

@wuhjah - Thank you!

Answer to questions:
    -The tundra forest are from Balthasar´s Winter Terrain, Search the engine for it;
    -The clouds,, drying rack, whirpool, shipwreck, bird, are all barbarian animated units created by Tom2050, check is mega props pack; so are the walls but those have no animations IIRC and i set them for immobile (i can´t remember who they are from, maybe Redalert´s).
    -Other forests are from The East Asia mod and so on.

17. Etain

Etain Chieftain

18. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

I´m glad you enjoy it! As far as the islets go, yes it´s intended, i worked over the Sleek Landscape terrain mod, so i didn´t changed that feature, because i like it in most of the cases (for navigable rivers for example), in that particular case you have to have an open mind and imagine those roads are over a bridge or something, or you could just change the road graphic you are using for something more visible, still, it´s a small price to pay for something that works well in many situations..

I´ll remember to edit the polar ice caps in the future, thank you for that note!

19. RickFGS

RickFGS Chieftain

My monster PC is fixed and ready for work, i´v already begun reworking on the beta, meanwhile i stole some more from other moders and integrated it into my terrain pack, next on the list:

- Polar Ice Caps, Done! Get it on post #2

- Shorelines;
    - Buggy transitions;
    - Clouds..

So back to business, after half a year of inactivity.

Some screenies with minor updates:
    Spoiler :

20. ZergMazter

ZergMazter Chieftain

Vladi where did u get that awesome looking plain tile? I looked up Balthazar and i couldnt find him on this site. I would love to have it :D