1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ridiculous bad luck in air combat

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Kirejara, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Kirejara

Kirejara King

Everyone has sometimes bad luck, but this is getting ridiculous!

I am playing as China and my airforce in this game acts so far poorly... very poorly.

But in the current war against Byzanz it is taken up to eleven.

Making a fighter sweep with Ki-84 Hayate (A10/D7) and MiG-19 (A17/D12) against the defending Fulmars (A6/D6) and losing three MiGs and two Hayates with no losses to the Fulmars? :eek:

Followed by an additional MiG-19 shoot down by a Albatros of WWI vintage (A2/D1). :eek::eek:

The very next interturn three Albacore Torpedobombers (A0/D2) make an air raid and promptly shoot down two intercepting MiG-15 (A12/D9) and an older Hawk75 (A7/D6) again without losses to their own. :eek::eek::eek:

By now I have stopped sending out my fighters and bombers and use land and naval bombardement only. :(

Could it be, that Civ3 assigned a fixed modifier to combat results for the course of the complette game? :confused:

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

They used to give out Stuka-pills and kept going... regardless the losses.
    t_x

3. r16

r16 not deity

as a propellerhead ı find the aerial stuff of the game most annoying . Luckily ı play at monarch and will have planes before the AI , so if the scenario allows bomb only when the AI has no tech for flight ...