RifE 1.20 Download and Changelog

Why is emergent leader/Minor leader/major leader shown in the lower right ingame?

That information is really not needed, especially not printed in full. IUf you want to display it there, maybe some small icons would be good. But really, why do we need to know someone's leader tatus? can always just check the pedia, or if that value is changeable, maybe hide it in a diplomacy screen or something.

Minor and Emergent Leader change during the game to Major Leader and as fare I have read emergent and minor sould get Diplomatic maluses from Major Empiers in a later Version

Why is emergent leader/Minor leader/major leader shown in the lower right ingame?

That information is really not needed, especially not printed in full. IUf you want to display it there, maybe some small icons would be good. But really, why do we need to know someone's leader tatus? can always just check the pedia, or if that value is changeable, maybe hide it in a diplomacy screen or something.

LeaderStatus changes during the game, so I decided to show it. Now, I CAN use icons for it if they're in the Res file (Bonus icons, religious icons, etc), so I could switch to that... But that still leaves the question of what the Icons should be. :lol:

At the moment, Emergent becomes Major after gaining a trait. Minor becomes Major after settling/conquering their fourth city... Both of those changes will give you an idea of how the other players/AI's are doing. Eventually, there will be diplopenalties between Major and Minor/Emergent Leaders.

As for hiding it in a diplomacy screen.... That's actually quite a bit more work. Displaying it in the scoreboard was just a simple bit of python. :p

Personally, I'd appreciate if it was either a python thing, or at least much compressed in text length. As it is, having the score-board open covers up some of the unit selection icons (at 1280x1024 or 1280x800, so it's not like the width is small), and as I have habitually had scoreboards like that open at all times since playing the first Age of Empires game, it's a bit annoying.

how does the new improvement and resource spreading work?

Playing mechanos, I started next to two Cow resources and a load of flat grasslands. So I renamed my capital Mc Donalds and started merilly building pastures everywhere, hoping to create a massive beef factory.

but the cows don't seem to be doing anything. I still have only two cows and lots of empty pasture around.

There is still a random number involved for the spread; I set it to the same value that Mines get for discovering new resources, which in FFPlus is 2500. That's 1/4 the value given in FfH, so you should discover 4 times the resources... However, that's still around 10-12 a game. Playing on slower speeds, you'll find more.

Yeah it works just like Mines have always worked, except pastures and Farms require you already have the resource, you can't get new ones. Of course it DOES make spells that change them to a random other (fertility) more useful as you can use the Pastures to get duplicates and the Fertility to switch them to something you don't have.

The way I do it is the same way I have always done mines. Build the city's BFC just like normal, then build these structures outside the BFC, getting more resources but not losing cottages or windmills.

Warkirby, did you play with fishing boats yet? Same idea, they can be used in tiles with out resources with the chance to gain a resource. I have had a single city gain 5 fishing resources in one game. If you put the resources and time into it you can make coastal cities not suck... I like it very much.

Yeah, the fishing boat change is the most drastic, I think, if just because you can now fish all water tiles. Was something badly needed imo.

Just to let you all know, I'm in the process of uploading the mod to the ModDB like FfH uses. Will be a day or so at least for it to be approved, but once it is it will be a much better host I think. ;)

The way I do it is the same way I have always done mines. Build the city's BFC just like normal, then build these structures outside the BFC, getting more resources but not losing cottages or windmills.

I think you have to work the improvement for there to be a discover chance.

I think you have to work the improvement for there to be a discover chance.

Pretty sure it worked for fishing in FF+. It is rare enough it IS hard to prove, but what the heck the workers weren't doing anything anyway.

I tested it with a 2 spread rate and it worked... But 2500 makes it rarer :)

just curious. What ever happened to the leash system you were planning on implementing? I don't see it in the changelog and I know its not in my game. Is that still in the works or did it get dumped?

How do you mean, not in your game?

It was only applied to Acheron (Who I think I had a bug with... He was given Held anyway, even though he shouldn't have been) and the Guardians.

I only applied it to them as I want to redo it for FF... FF already remembers the spawn plot of a unit, so I can do it via xml tags rather than python.

oh I guess I meant Acheron and mana guardians, but that makes more sense. Acheron had held in my game and mana guardians still sit still and do nothing. Glad to hear you are going to redo the system so its xml

where is the resource spread rate adjustable ?

Improvement infos, <iSpreadRand>. Right below discoverrand.

If you find something that you think works well, and is balanced, feel free to post it. :goodjob: The value we're using is still tentative, not tested extensively.

Well, yesterday I began the process of hosting Fall Further Plus at the ModDB, like FfH. It's a good site, nearly unlimited upload sizes, high speed. I thought it would take a few days for it to be approved (As their FAQ said :p)... Luckily, it's ALREADY approved. :goodjob:

So, go check out the page, leave comments, tell me how it can be fixed up. I'd like it to look good. ;)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-further-plus/downloads/fall-further-plus-022

Also, there are now three download links on the first post; The main download, which takes you through civfanatics to ModDB, and the two mirrors at WePlayCiv and FileFront.

Improvement infos, <iSpreadRand>. Right below discoverrand.

If you find something that you think works well, and is balanced, feel free to post it. :goodjob: The value we're using is still tentative, not tested extensively.

I'm trying 1000 right now. Definitely not too fast. Could be faster, perhaps.

Is it really needed to have FFH patch c to install properly ?

EDIT : hadn't read stuff properly, but my eyes started functioning again, pbm solved...

Top Bottom