1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Download and Changelog

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Meldon

Meldon Chieftain

As the Amurites I once found an empty fort adjacent to a goblin fort. Fireballed the goblins then captured their fort. Two tower mages with fireball right next to each other wrecks enemy incursions into your lands.

Back on topic, I have never patched a mod before, to I drop the patch files into the RifE folder, or RifE- Assets?

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yeah, I need to block goblin forts from spawning if it's too close to an existing fort.

The patch is packaged in an installer; Simply extract it, and then run the installer. It'll find the correct path. ;)

3. Meldon

Meldon Chieftain

Sweet, thanks.

Edit: What do you mean by installer? When I right click- open on the patch link it downloads, then the dialog box closes and nothing else happens. Does that mean it worked?

4. Valkrionn

1. Download patch. From your post, this should be done already.
    2. Go to your downloads folder, and extract the patch; Forums require it to be zipped to attach.
    3. Doubleclick the installer, and follow all directions; Should really just have to click next a few times. ;)

Then you should be done.

5. Meldon

Meldon Chieftain

It's not showing up on my computer as a zipped folder, but a .rar file. I can't rightclick-extract or anything.

6. Valkrionn

A rar file is a zip; Use WinRar, 7zip, etc. There are quite a few free programs which will extract it.

7. Meldon

Meldon Chieftain

Oh, so I need a different program. To Google!

Edit: Used 7-Zip, it worked, playing now. Thanks :D

8. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Chieftain

Everyone should get 7-zip coz .rar and .7z zips are so common. 7-zip can unzip every kind of zip I've seen so far, except for alpha zip.

9. texdionis

texdionis Chieftain

1.21 Game crash

sorry, wrong thread; you can move my post in the "bug thread" if necessary

Attached Files:

10. Otiose

Otiose Chieftain

Thanks for all the hard work! stability is the only issue I had with Rife and it looks like you guys did a lot to address it. 5 stars for this epic mod

11. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

And the unicorn...

12. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I downloaded this mod this morning, and am having a lot of fun with it, but I find myself wondering why the Sheaim don't start with Dimensional mana. All the other civs (except the Sidar, but that's logical) start with the mana type of their patron god, so why not them? dimensional is a much more logical choice than Chaos for them, IMO.

13. Valkrionn

They do next version. Dimensional isn't in FfH, we had forgotten to change the mana. Was done a few weeks ago in the team version though, along with some other things. ;)

14. hbar

hbar Constant

Speaking of other things, any ETA on the new version? I'm hoping to finally give RifE a try, but I don't want to dl the current version if a new one is coming out soon.

15. Valkrionn

Not for a while still; As I said in the bug thread, I'm a bit tied up atm. 3 papers to write for various classes.

16. Saucetenuto

Saucetenuto Chieftain

Valk and co: are there going to be many AI changes in the forthcoming versions? I've been studying the AI with an eye toward improving it, but if there are changes coming I'll hold off rather than try to merge.

17. Valkrionn

A complete rewrite of the python has been performed to optimize it (With a rather large speed increase for the late game; Thank Grey Fox), but no actual changes IIRC. Just coded better. :lol:

18. Valkrionn

1.23 "Trade Patch" has been released. Relatively small changes in the code, but it fixes trade and should enhance stability.

• Decimal Trade is fixed
      • Very simple fix; Just forgot to change one function call from the standard to the Times100 version.
      • Decimal trade does NOT grant decimal yields for single trade routes. That would be a far larger change. It DOES allow multiple trade routes to add their decimal values together. This means that if you have 4 trade routes, at 1.25:commerce: each, you now get 5:commerce: instead of 4.
      • Should be very useful for cities with many trade routes, or for Malakim/Mazatl/Trader leaders.
    • Climate system updated, should run better and cause fewer issues.

19. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

There are some tiny changes. Some thanks to the bug fixes, other minor changes to when they can build workers etc.

@Saucetenuto:
    I will be doing more AI changes in the future as well, anything you can do is welcome since I am pretty new to actually playing the game. ;)
    If you start now, in python, I would prepare myself to having to merge it to a pretty different code base though. So might want to start now by identifying problems and designing solutions unless you feel fine with having to possibly rewrite it later (though you could implement now just to test your ideas, shouldn't be too hard to convert it later even if you have to rewrite some).

1.3 should have all my Python stuff I believe. I do not know when it will be done, but that is mostly up to Valkrionn since it relies on when he is done with his Barbarian system changes.
    I got a few bugs to fix as well, but they are somewhat minor.

20. Valkrionn

Yeah... Barb system is pretty much done in the DLL, just need time for all the xml. Time which I don't have currently.