RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Definitely the Austrin, then. I mean, their whole civilization's priniciple is that they like to wander around and not settle down. So wandering cities would fit them perfectly!

Plus, they worship Tali (wind/air), so lorewise it makes sense that a civilization related to Tali would be able to move their cities around.

An unrelated question: will the Bezeri be in 1.3 or 1.4 or even later? I know, you've probably answered this before, but I don't feel like looking back through around 10-20 pages of each stickied thread.

Definitely the Austrin, then. I mean, their whole civilization's priniciple is that they like to wander around and not settle down. So wandering cities would fit them perfectly!

Plus, they worship Tali (wind/air), so lorewise it makes sense that a civilization related to Tali would be able to move their cities around.

An unrelated question: will the Bezeri be in 1.3 or 1.4 or even later? I know, you've probably answered this before, but I don't feel like looking back through around 10-20 pages of each stickied thread.

I won't say which civ. I will say though: There will be no flying or rolling cities. ;)

Bezeri will be later. Basically, we've decided to implement general mechanics before adding new civs (a few exceptions, but the Bezeri won't be one of them; They require massive amounts of work for it).

The Austrin still seem like the most likely candidate.

Unless you just told us that they'd be swimming. ;)

Is there a reason you'd want multiple cities mobile? I mean it sounds neat, but as improvements presumably wouldn't move, I'm not sure what the point of moving lots of cities over significant distances would be. I'd be happy if I could move one city at a time one tile in any direction to get them on the coast or to properly align their workable areas.

Do you have any plans for mountains? The Khazad and Jotnar can allegedly use them, but since you can't build anything on them, the city AI won't assign population to them (yes, I know it's an art issue, and yes I know one Khazad leader gives them an extra ;hammer; ). I also know I can just reduce them in worldbuilder, but I was wondering if you might do something in game to address them. Maybe a high level earth spell that reduces them to hills, or a combination earth/fire spell that does that plus summons something buffer than an earth elemental?

Is there a reason you'd want multiple cities mobile? I mean it sounds neat, but as improvements presumably wouldn't move, I'm not sure what the point of moving lots of cities over significant distances would be. I'd be happy if I could move one city at a time one tile in any direction to get them on the coast or to properly align their workable areas.

Do you have any plans for mountains? The Khazad and Jotnar can allegedly use them, but since you can't build anything on them, the city AI won't assign population to them (yes, I know it's an art issue, and yes I know one Khazad leader gives them an extra ;hammer; ). I also know I can just reduce them in worldbuilder, but I was wondering if you might do something in game to address them. Maybe a high level earth spell that reduces them to hills, or a combination earth/fire spell that does that plus summons something buffer than an earth elemental?

That would give away the specifics of it, so I won't say. ;)

Possible. Haven't really thought of it, though.

the option for a single mobile city for different civs might be interesting...
like elves can have a city built inside a massive, moving tree, like in the elder scrolls, or a massive floating, drifting port for the lanun...or something classic, like a city on the back of a giant eagle or turtle, a la golden axe...

Alright alright, fair enough. No nether flying cities, no apocolypse from the sky... What about
a disintegrate spell or a higher lvl block shield for force mana? Not much use for it as it stands :)

That could be nice, instead of the wall of force as a building, add it as a tile feature or something, like the lvl requeriment for Brigit, so you can actually use the wall of force with your stack.

I'm playing a game with the Mechanos, and it is going okay, but I've been spoiled by playing the Mazatl. I keep having to run my priest around and change the terrain to something better, especially when the snow starts. My suggestions, to lower the micromanagement would be a cool ritual or building that would alter the terrain slightly in the radius of the city. You could have a different ritual for each effect. Each ritual has a one time effect.

I'd almost think you were reading my mind if it wasn't for the fact that some of this must have been planned in advance.

I'd almost think you were reading my mind if it wasn't for the fact that some of this must have been planned in advance.

If you're going to grant telepathic powers then what's the trouble of a little temporal displacement? :smoke:

edit: actually, I suppose the one could be accomplished with simple enhancement of brain function while the other would require either advanced knowledge of hyperdimensional physics or else the ability to manipulate spacetime. So I guess I do see your point, after all.

Just a quick question, other then the fact it would destroy the hippus, why arent there pikeman/spearmen in the game? (50% against mounted)

Because, if there's one thing Valkrionn cares about the most, its the welfare of little animated horsemen.

Just a quick question, other then the fact it would destroy the hippus, why arent there pikeman/spearmen in the game? (50% against mounted)

Wait for 1.5, that's why. :lol:

The current unitlines are from FfH; They were designed by the FfH team, we just inherited them. in 1.5, we will be redesigning unitlines... Only around 6 new units altogether, but I think we have at least 14 unitcombats... Polearms will be one of those, split out from melee. That is actually what the new D'teshi defensive units will be.

While that sounds like a lot, each one has a specific job. For polearms, that is anti-cavalry and stack defense... And you will want them with your mages. :mischief:

Top Bottom