RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Weren't the Khazad supposed to have -1 food from farms to make up for the fortress mechanic? What happened to that?

Hm, whatever happened to quests? I seem to remember searching for holy mountains, or building a small army of a specific unit and being rewarded. Granted events still exists, but I can't recall any quests within FF/RifE.

concerning new quests i'm willing to add more, but i have an issue with the fact i used the scenario counter so as to save the choices in the first one , and i don't know how i can do the same thing for other ones

Well, here's a khazad save where it doesn't seem to be working.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0209.CivBeyondSwordSave
    453.5 KB · Views: 48
concerning new quests i'm willing to add more, but i have an issue with the fact i used the scenario counter so as to save the choices in the first one , and i don't know how i can do the same thing for other ones

that would be a very interesting question. i also need to save choices and stuff for my modmod. now i use the script data thingy like in rise and fall but is there a better way? i checked the scenario counter thingy in the more events mod, too but i'm not sure how it works...

EDIT:
oh, and before i forget:
the last time i checked your python code (two month ago) i saw somewhere things like:
for iiX in range(iX-3, iX+3, 1):
shouldn't it be like:
for iiX in range(iX-3, iX+4, 1):
because the last element in the range command will NOT be included in python... --> [...[

it should be corrected in the last version ( i'll take a look though)

concerning the scenario counter used to save choices, it's simple, if you make choice one you turn the counter to 1 , if you make choice 2 you turn it to 2 , but it's only when there is one series of choice

Weren't the Khazad supposed to have -1 food from farms to make up for the fortress mechanic? What happened to that?

They do have -1 food compared to the other civs.

Farms now give one more food for everyone than they did in previous versions, from game start - this is part of the improvements overhaul. Cottages also give extra production. Mines are looking rather lame in comparison - I don't build many of them anymore unless I'm playing a Khazad/Arete style game :)

Mines may have to be boosted, but they can also discover resources, rather than just spread them... And one of their resources actually provides food. Makes for a good tile if you can get some mushrooms. ;)

That's true, and dont get me wrong mushrooms in particular are nice, but I haven't noticed either spreading or discoveries being so frequent that they make up for the relatively small raw yields on the tiles.

Although I'm very tempted to try a mass pasture/farm game and see if I can't exploit the farmer's guild :)

What are the rates for dorf forts by the way? They seem to pop resources much more frequently. I swear like a third of mine dredged something up and it's not even turn 250.

They were the same as the others... The difference is with them, they can discover NEW resources, rather than spread ones you already have, and they have a long list of available resources. ;)

Quarries should probably be in the same category - discovering stone, masonry, or obsidian - rather than spreading them (I'm second-guessing that you're going to change the way volcanoes work re obsidian).

You could even make quarries and mines (along with dwarven forts) 'discover' each other's resources. Although you'd have to re-build the correct type of improvement once this happened, of course.

Have you thought about changing Agrarianism? Maybe it could be made it so that organic resources (animals, grains, plantation crops, seafood) will spread twice as fast - maybe 1 in 750 with Agrarianism, and 1 in 1500 without) along with the +1 food to farms - and add that to pastures as well - but give it a 20% malus to production and gold produced... maybe even just a 10% malus will be enough to balance it.

Quarries are already like that. ;) All mineral resources can be discovered, rather than spread.

Would be interesting to allow the improvements to discover each other's resources.... Although I think Dwarven Forts would be able to work any of them, so you don't lose an improvement that took 100 turns to grow. :lol:

I haven't changed Obsidian yet, but it's either that or write code that places it NEAR the volcano when it erupts... Leaning towards allowing it anywhere, but very rare.

As for the Agrarianism mechanic suggested... I really like that. It's currently not possible for a civic to modify it, but I think I may have to add it soon... Putting that in the first post. ;)

The only problem with Rare Obsinian is that by time I get it I always have master tools anyway. For as much effect as it has on my game I don't even worry about it anymore.

The current Affinity system for the Mechanos feels too powerful. It is too easy to get a small army that quickly decimates anything in your way. At Construction (a very early tech), it is possible to mass produce Organ Guns with 90-100% ranged damage limit and a decent ranged attack score.

Organ Gun Limit: 70% (base) + 10% (corned powder) + 10% (palace mana) + 10% from either steamworks or 1 mana node.

Organ Gun Str: 6 (base) + 1 (palace mana) = Stronger than Champion bombardment (not to mention the +1 for every other Refined mana)

The problem is even worse with the 2 range/2 movement Howitzer which will inevitably have 100% and an even stronger ranged attack.

Perhaps a combination of lowering the base limit of these and lowering the bonus per Refined Mana will make the Mechanos ranged army easier to defeat.

Top Bottom