RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

The stygian guards from the Rinwell come way too soon. The last game I just played had them killing a civ on turn 9, another on 30, and then 1 of them came for me and wiped me out on turn 34.

Perhaps some sort of delay on the spawns? A leash maybe? They are str 7 monsters that gun for cities from the start. Maybe start with Drown and after some # of turns have the Rinwell spawn Stygs?

Just popping in to say that as of tomorrow, I'm on vacation for an unspecified amount of time... Done with classes for the semester, as I just CLEPed a bunch of classes. Last test was yesterday.... Tomorrow, I'm going on a roadtrip with a group of friends. Will last until our livers fail or we're out of money. :lol:

Probably about two weeks. I'll still be posting, but not actively modding... Grey Fox is working on some amazing stuff though, as is Vermicious. Just don't expect a quick succession of patches. ;)

It has been mentioned before, but with the release of a new patch, here it is again:

Should leaders with only one trait be minor?

--A list of those leaders: Mirrough, Furia, Goodreau, Melisandre, Minister Koun, Shekhah, Weevel..etc, Volana--

Ps-Have fun

When gold reaches 4 digits big, the picture --of the counter for adventurers-- begins to obscure some of the wording; this really doesn't hide anything useful; but it is a bit of an aesthetic thing.

Current version is very impressive. Although having a strength 9 griffin pop out of nowhere 1 square away from my capital (on turn 36) and then kill my two defenders over the next two turns was a surprise. assuming it was a freak occurance i did'nt worry untill turn 64 when it happened again and my capital was raised :) giggle

strength 9 bears that can swim :) i think you solved the problem of wild lands and stopping rapid expansion - think i will just stay at home.... maybe a bit extreme ... but it makes you really change strategy from FfH2 / ff etc. well done chaps :)

Current version is very impressive. Although having a strength 9 griffin pop out of nowhere 1 square away from my capital (on turn 36) and then kill my two defenders over the next two turns was a surprise. assuming it was a freak occurance i did'nt worry untill turn 64 when it happened again and my capital was raised :) giggle

strength 9 bears that can swim :) i think you solved the problem of wild lands and stopping rapid expansion - think i will just stay at home.... maybe a bit extreme ... but it makes you really change strategy from FfH2 / ff etc. well done chaps :)

It's all a bit *too* rough though. The str 9 + 100% griffin took out two AI civs in my current game before coming to do me in - there's not really enough time to set up any kind of defense against that sort of flying firepower.
These things are Orthus on steroids. If one comes for you, its game over - for you or the computer - so I'm going to have to play with Animal Invasion off :(

An unrelated note:
To get the shortcut to work on my system (Windows 7, playing BTS through Steam) I needed to change the shortcut to point to this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Rise from Erebus" i.e. enclose the mod parameter inside quotes.

Once this was done, the shortcut would work (I could always launch the mod previously using the 'Load a Mod' menu option, of course. Don't know how this goes for other systems.

It's all a bit *too* rough though. The str 9 + 100% griffin took out two AI civs in my current game before coming to do me in - there's not really enough time to set up any kind of defense against that sort of flying firepower.
These things are Orthus on steroids. If one comes for you, its game over - for you or the computer - so I'm going to have to play with Animal Invasion off :(

An unrelated note:
To get the shortcut to work on my system (Windows 7, playing BTS through Steam) I needed to change the shortcut to point to this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Rise from Erebus" i.e. enclose the mod parameter inside quotes.

Once this was done, the shortcut would work (I could always launch the mod previously using the 'Load a Mod' menu option, of course. Don't know how this goes for other systems.

Yeah, animals will be toned down a bit. Either through reduced strength, increased tech requirements, introducing them slowly over several techs, or a combination of the three. ;)

The installer points the shortcut towards the standard path... Doesn't work with Steam, but I don't know of a way to check for that. :lol:

I'll work on the animal balance. Keep the feedback coming. :)

The actual units that spawned and the turn number will help tremendously, as well as the game speed. All my balancing work was done at normal speed on huge maps...so if you are doing something different that info would be good. Heck, mapscript info is useful as well...I can see maps with lots of snow or desert being extremely hazardous.

The STR 9 griffon was probably a griffon pack? That would require stirrups...which seems like an odd tech to pop so early. Certainly possible, I suppose...particularly if Hippus was one of the AI civs. I can roll that back some.

Dont think it was a griffin pack :) if it helps, i play small maps, pangea, monarch - There was a griffin nest near my starting city (1 square outside of culture) and the griffin appeared inside my culture zone with no warning.

On a small map at turn 219 i have multiple Cave Bear Packs with 21str / combat 3+ roaming aruond the map. My best standard unit is Champion (boarding party) with iron str 7 :)

Huh... Didn't know that tag existed. :lol:

Mind posting your whole installer? You might have some other toys worth stealing. ;)

Actually I use ISTool which create the Inno script :)

Here is the whole thing, but I think it is pretty basic :)

Spoiler :

Code:
[Setup]
AppId={{C7D8C738-A91A-4466-8D98-1CA9E286F48E}
AppName=Tears FF 051c
AppVerName=Tears FF 051c
DefaultDirName={reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Tears FF 051c\
OutputBaseFilename=FF051c_Tears.0.2.6
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=true
DisableProgramGroupPage=true
PrivilegesRequired=none
UsePreviousAppDir=false
AppSupportURL=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331024
AppUpdatesURL=http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331024

[Types]
Name: full; Description: Default installation

[Components]
Name: TEAR; Description: Tears Files; Types: full; Flags: fixed
Name: FF; Description: Copy Fall Further Core Files; Types: full; Flags: fixed

[Languages]
Name: english; MessagesFile: compiler:Default.isl
Name: french; MessagesFile: compiler:Languages\French.isl
Name: german; MessagesFile: compiler:Languages\German.isl
Name: italian; MessagesFile: compiler:Languages\Italian.isl

[Tasks]
Name: desktopicon; Description: {cm:CreateDesktopIcon}; GroupDescription: {cm:AdditionalIcons}; Flags: unchecked

[InstallDelete]
Name: {app}\Assets; Type: filesandordirs; Components: ; Tasks: ; Languages:

[Files]

Source: {reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Fall Further 051\*; DestDir: {app}; Flags: external recursesubdirs createallsubdirs comparetimestamp; Components: FF
Source: C:\Jeux\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 051.save\Tears.0.2.6\*; DestDir: {app}; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs createallsubdirs; Components: TEAR
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
Name: {userdesktop}\Tears FF 051c; Filename: {reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe; Parameters: mod=\Tears FF 051c; Tasks: desktopicon; IconFilename: {app}\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Tears\DagdaTears.ico

[Run]
Filename: {reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe; Parameters: mod=\Tears FF 051c; Description: {cm:LaunchProgram,Fall Further with Tears}; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

cool modmod(mod?)

well ... i have some small requests ...
- new game speed: all same as normal, but units and buildings 25% cheaper
- "City Improving" - something like "Wealth" (( converting bakers into money )), but only produces +1 science, +1 money and available right from start
- no "Recommended" items in "You have trained a <item> in <city>. What would you like to build next?"

:D

Got -2 Standing from Xivan T`nava, who is the leader of the Amurites, because I use Death Mana?!
Souldent the Amurites from the backgroudstory stand over such things as "bad" Mana?

I'll work on the animal balance. Keep the feedback coming. :)

The actual units that spawned and the turn number will help tremendously, as well as the game speed. All my balancing work was done at normal speed on huge maps...so if you are doing something different that info would be good. Heck, mapscript info is useful as well...I can see maps with lots of snow or desert being extremely hazardous.

The STR 9 griffon was probably a griffon pack? That would require stirrups...which seems like an odd tech to pop so early. Certainly possible, I suppose...particularly if Hippus was one of the AI civs. I can roll that back some.

Did a few test games on MountainCoast, large, normal speed. Most of them were quite normal, but in one I encountered the killer griffons:

Tashunke decided to investigate Bradelynes Well in turn 5, and a half dozen STR 9 griffons popped out. After a few turns of leveling up, one of them decided to wipe him off the map (Despite UNITAI_ANIMAL).

Another game some rabid Hippogriffs were going for my capital starting in turn 10 (UNITAI_ATTACK), I think these were spawned from a weyr.

Most of the fauna is not that dangerous if you employ some recon units, but sabretooth are lethal. Combat 5, + some Drill promotions before turn 100, with 3 movement, stealth, and 3 baseline firststrikes thrown in. As they are rare, I suspect they are generated via lion/tiger combat, is it perhaps possible to block this upgrade in the early game? By the way, is it intended that priests of leaves can "summon" sabretooth with their tigers?

Edit: Griffon Weyrs and Sabretooth Lairs spawn at least as early as turn 50 and 20 respectively. The inhabitants start with UNITAI_ATTACK.
Edit 2: What about some STR 18 Cavebear Packs at turn 50? Seems that any animal den can spawn.

In Epic Speed I found the first Giant Lizard (STR 9) at turn 197 (Age1) but The Giant Lizard Packs (STR 6) showed up around Turn 60 for 40-50 turns then got replaced by Bunyip and later no Animals at all till around turn 190 the next Giant Lizard Showed up.
Raptor was the first I encounterd Turn 21 (Age 1) Raptorpack around Turn 40.
In totall I encounterd 2 Gorilla, ~5 Wolf, 1 Lion, 1 Scorpion, 1 Hamster, over 20 Lizards ~10 Bunyips 4 or 5 Raptors by Turn 200 epic speed. (Counted the replacements also to the main Animal) I think the Lizards have to reduced drastical in favor of the other Animals.

Top Bottom