RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

You mentioned you wondered if Mirrough was OP with his Charismatic, and I recently came to the realisation that Xivan T'nava is pretty much Mirrough² with a culture disadvantage and a severely lacking discipline line, but whenever I play the Sidar I dont tend to focus on that (though that might be me. Might well be there's a proper playstyle for it, but there definitly is a good playstyle available while avoiding the Disc line). Maybe Xivan should be given a different trait instead of Charismatic when Sidar?

Good enough thread for a Request I suppose... Someone tell me what Rinwell Island is supposed to be, or as the case may be, supposed to do? Only mention in the forums seems to be in the Mazera Mega Story thread, but maybe I'm missing some downloadable nugget of Lore someplace.

Feedback on it though was it seems to be easily claimed to cast a huge blanket of Culture over land and sea nearby, I did not take the time to count the grid dimensions of it. Inconvenient when Demons own it, since you can't settle within their "culture shadow" if I can call it that, dandy when you conquer it though, since your color of culture seems to immediately fill a giant square / rectangle type of thing, with a Fort commander on top.

I feel that Mechanos are WAY overpowered in RiFE, due to the inherent research boosts and bonuses they can get (At least it feels that way when I'm up against them personally); I know this is probably intended, but science is king due to how the general game mechanics seem to work in Civilization 4 ...

I'm terrible at the game, at all aspects of it - But I can manage on the higher difficulties and against my friends who are MUCH better than me, if I play Mechanos ... I'm sure others have stated this too though, perhaps they're a little bit TOO flavourful.

Is it intended that animals attack archos spiders with hidden nationality? Especially now that animals have really been buffed, they kill my best spiders easily. Its also strange to see giant spiders attack my workers and its immersion breaking. The feral trait feels pointless atm, when my hidden nationality units are being killed anyways.

What is the formula for arcane units getting experience, as modified by buildings and rank one spell promotions?

ok, I'll go bug him then (-:

I just noticed my mages where getting pretty much the same exp in town or out, but I dont know how much the buildings (like a mage guild) are actually suppose to help.

Some misc thoughts.

Planned Features:

1. New Mechanos leader, based off of Jabie's High Techpriest.
    • Evil, but does not consider himself so.

• Actually, one way to define "evil" is self-centered, and "good" as altruistic. Self-centered does not necessarily imply such things as sadistic or malicious for their own sake. In fact, such acts are more likely the result of stupidity, capriciousness, or insanity than anything else. Orcs and Baleraphs are good examples of those. But, the stupid and insane are a minority... the vast majority of people are at least of medium intelligence. Evil may simply believe that they're right, and others are wrong.

Take the Spanish inquisition from our own history, for example. These nominal Christians were not altruistic in the least. Absolutely convinced of their own rectitude. Definitely deserving of the label "evil."

I don't know why I'm posting this. Bored this morning I guess. :)

Bottom line, I wouldn't say that this new Mechanos leader who "does not consider himself evil" is necessarily an exception. For example, do the Archos consider themselves evil? Probably not. They think they're right and everybody else is wrong.

[*]New Resources.
      [*]Lemon
      • We don't actually have any fruits, after all.
      Lemon isn't really a food, though historically it was excellent for preventing scurvy and was easy to add to a ship's water supply. Otherwise, it's more of a spice or a condiment. Oranges may be better if you want a food. Of course, depends on what art you have. :)

[*]Salt
      • Increases food saved after growth

• Also, might possibly increase or attract herd animals. (I live in Maine, and open quarries that have salt deposits definitely attract deer and moose.)

[*]Spices
          • Desert resource, as they only have Incense, Gold, and I believe Reagents. (And Camels if you're Malakim)
            • This would essentially be another commerce resource, like all other desert resources. Main reason it's only a 'possible'.

• Leto Atreides would like to have a word with you.

Some misc thoughts.

Actually, one way to define "evil" is self-centered, and "good" as altruistic. Self-centered does not necessarily imply such things as sadistic or malicious for their own sake. In fact, such acts are more likely the result of stupidity, capriciousness, or insanity than anything else. Orcs and Baleraphs are good examples of those. But, the stupid and insane are a minority... the vast majority of people are at least of medium intelligence. Evil may simply believe that they're right, and others are wrong.

Take the Spanish inquisition from our own history, for example. These nominal Christians were not altruistic in the least. Absolutely convinced of their own rectitude. Definitely deserving of the label "evil."

Bottom line, I wouldn't say that this new Mechanos leader who "does not consider himself evil" is necessarily an exception. For example, do the Archos consider themselves evil? Probably not. They think they're right and everybody else is wrong.

Lemon isn't really a food, though historically it was excellent for preventing scurvy and was easy to add to a ship's water supply. Otherwise, it's more of a spice or a condiment. Oranges may be better if you want a food. Of course, depends on what art you have. :)

Also, might possibly increase or attract herd animals. (I live in Maine, and open quarries that have salt deposits definitely attract deer and moose.)

Leto Atreides would like to have a word with you.

Yeah, his alignment is actually going to be different from what I posted. :lol:

Lemon and Apples are about the only art available. ;)

Is it intended that only Grogori Medics and Great Healers can cast heal?

Is there a way that I can mod it so that units that became generals via the Bannor chain of command can still gain combat promotions?

Is it intended that only Grogori Medics and Great Healers can cast heal?

All the spell requires is Medic3... All High Priests should have it.

Is there a way that I can mod it so that units that became generals via the Bannor chain of command can still gain combat promotions?

VERY easily, if you're familiar with the tags. Assuming you know your way around the code:

Make an autoacquire promotion that requires Bannor, and unitcombat Commander. Then list the combat promotions (and any others you want) in <PromotionAllows/>. Format for which is like this:

Code:
<PromotionAllows>
	<Promotion>PROMOTION_GIANT_SLAYING</Promotion>
</PromotionAllows>

This would allow any Bannor commander to take those promotions, whether done through CoC, or gained from combat. If you want JUST the CoC commanders to have access (Probably a bad idea, weakens the normal ones even more), just put the promotionAllows in one of the CoC promotions. ;)

You could probably get rid of the commander unitcombat and make all promotions availible to that unitcombat instead be available to all unitcombats with a prerequisite promotion instead of having a promotion change the unitcombat.

You could probably get rid of the commander unitcombat and make all promotions availible to that unitcombat instead be available to all unitcombats with a prerequisite promotion instead of having a promotion change the unitcombat.

The unitcombat wasn't created for the CoC module, but rather for the spawned Great Commanders. Of course, it's an FF change so it may have just been a decision to make the unitcombat, rather than prereq promotion. I'm not sure. ;)

Do'uh, I was looking at a CULTIST, not a SPEAKER.

New Mechanos leader, based off of Jabie's High Techpriest.

• Spiritual/Organized
  • Evil, but does not consider himself so. Will do whatever it takes to rid the world of the twin 'Evils' of Magic and the Gods, all in the name of what's 'Good' for the future of man.
  • Gains the Fallow trait as the game progresses, at some tech along the machinery line.
  • Will be able to 'build' population... Will be via a special buildorder, and will NOT be transferable between cities. Thinking of setting the cost low, but increasing cost with each pop-point in a city.
Actually, one way to define "evil" is self-centered, and "good" as altruistic. Self-centered does not necessarily imply such things as sadistic or malicious for their own sake. In fact, such acts are more likely the result of stupidity, capriciousness, or insanity than anything else. Orcs and Baleraphs are good examples of those. But, the stupid and insane are a minority... the vast majority of people are at least of medium intelligence. Evil may simply believe that they're right, and others are wrong.

Yeah, his alignment is actually going to be different from what I posted. :lol:

Well... Now that I've posted about one of the New Features tm, I can mention his alignment... Lawful Evil. Still Evil, but only just, and mainly because he is violently Misotheist (Mistheist? Practices Misotheism, whatever the individual term is :lol:). He despises the gods, and wishes to render them powerless... But he has a VERY rigid mindset, and is unflexible in his adherence to the laws.

Hmm. The kelp seems to be very abundant. I've played a couple of small erebus continents, where I thought they for some reason show up more often, but now it seems my standard size erebus is also like that.

Though it might be cause I'm Amurites at some "equator level" island, I don't now the principle with which the kelp should show up.

So, I'm not sure, but it seems that if sea kelp is supposed to be in the game for flavor, it could be toned down a bit, not necessarily much. Otherwise the abundancy inflates the flavor factor :)

It was also mentioned that the kelps are actually nice because they also give seaside cities a needed boost. I'm not sure if they need a boost that much, so perhaps even then I'd suggest toning the odds down a bit.

Just to make sure: I'm not against added flavor and sea kelp I'm general, I'm all for it :) But making stuff rarer leaves even more room for new stuff.

Top Bottom