RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That's how I did it originally; People complained that it was too long. :p

Can easily change it based on both alignments, though, to whatever color we want.

2. Wodan

Wodan Deity

fark "people". ;)

j/k. Seriously, why not just abbreviate. LG, CG, NE, etc. [/QUOTE]

3. Valkrionn

[/QUOTE]

Because that one I dislike. :p

Again, can easily change the color even without displaying the full alignment.

4. Opera

Opera Deity

Or icons?

5. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

You volunteer? :p

6. Divvu

Divvu Warlord

I never complained about it, but actually the size of the score tab has increased so much that selecting the last 3-4 units in the first row is a chore... Any chance you could place it just a bit higher? :)

7. Wodan

Wodan Deity

It would be nice to have a use for Great Commanders besides fighting. There are plenty of strategies which make little to no use of GCs. Yet, when you get attacked, you'll generate GCs regardless. Once you have two or three good ones, the extras are a waste of unit maintenance (in those strategies).

GCs can't even be used on interior city garrison duty, can they?

If nothing else, maybe add the promotion which gives free maintanance?

8. Valkrionn

I'm considering allowing them to be settled; Would think a free xp, honestly, but that might be too much.

9. Almagafor

Almagafor Chieftain

How about instead of settling they get burnt to make a few special buildings similar to academies, would also probably be easier to implement.

10. Valkrionn

Actually, settling it requires about 30 seconds of xml work; Creating buildings would require a lot longer, as you need art/effects/etc. :p

Probably better in the long run; Regardless of which method I go with (and I'd already thought of the buildings, Orbis has some good ones), it won't be in for a little while. More pressing matters first. :lol:

11. Evalis

Evalis Prince

So.. I'm curious if there can be an option included that enhances the chances that a nation will vassalize to yours (something similiar to the three kingdoms). This is largely being commented on because of how few games I've actually finished on RiFE (or FF) and that those nations that are horribly weak actually have something to gain from vassalizing to a more powerful (and closer) neighbor. The trouble is that every nation needs to be capitulated before they surrender, which means by this point they have zero hope of ever breaking away, since you've likely just dominated their empire.

12. Wodan

Wodan Deity

• Lightbulb military techs
    • Settle for hammers and gold, maybe free XP to new units
    • Discount off empire maintenance
    • "Retire" to a plantation (creates a plantation and cotton or dye in a tile)

I can think up some more if you want.

13. Bugguts

Bugguts Chieftain

I'm playing on a Huge Pangea and shortly after meeting my first civ it's down to just three of us left. I think those darn Mino's and Griff's are a little overpowered. So

1- Have a setting of allowing baddies, but fewer? or not allowed to cross cultural borders? Or something?

2- Meanwhile, any ideas on what setting to turn off? are they animals or barbarians?

14. admtanaka

admtanaka Warlord

Are there any plans to merge Orbis's music pack with Rife? It's such a big improvement over the standard tracks that I think it's worth considering.

15. Valkrionn

As I've outlined multiple times, there will be an entirely new barb system next version.

Yes, the next version will (again) be a full install; By doing this, we can have all music (and the FfH media pack) in a second download, and will include the Orbis music. Already have his permission.

16. Evalis

Evalis Prince

Certain racial buildings require x number of buildings to already be present in the world. Is it possible to have this adjustable by map size? I think the great library is already set up this way.. but I'm not certain. In any case it can be next to impossible to get some of the elohim buildings up without already winning the game. (ei +50% land mass)

17. Valkrionn

None of the buildings like that are scaled to world size, but I could try and get that working; No promises, though. ;)

18. Bioroid

Bioroid Chieftain

First I would like to say huge thank you to Valkrionn for such wonderful work. I liked the atmosphere of your mod alot. It's alive. And it's quite unique and different in roots then FFH 2. Sorry if i repeat something that was allready written it the forum. I'm new here and there was no time to read everyrhing.

Pluses.
    I liked the idea of comanders who can costruct forts which then become citadels, idea that comandor is a defender himself and can lead couple of units to victory. Also idea with smith master et al is very good. If one specializez only on recon units than he should built only outfit for them and that's it. If one wants also melee units than one should spend one more ingeneer. For different guilds, music and cool phantasy pictures also big thanks.

Minuses.
    Griffins is absolute disbalans. There was one vild Griffin with 18 str and 3 moves and I easely subdled him with my Alazkan. Alazkan is a cheating hero. To say litteraly, every single turn he produce a new strong hero (copy of himself). Two turns was anough to subdle even 18 strength 10th level griffin. And than with this griffin very quickly on barbarians I got two more such griffins. Only one lvl 10 griffin with combat V, moves, orthus axe and cannibalism at turn 180 was anough to concver entire world just with this single unit. Actually he was even more powerfull than Acheron. I simply deleted him because it was not interesting to play with such disbalance at all.

Homes, villages, towns are overpowered by giving them also hammers. Thing about it please. Just one extra hammer is anough. Other is when you star a game with a quick start in widdle ages you can purchase dwarven mines even if you are not a dwarf. I think this is a bug.

I play with Svaltafar. Ansient forests+towns+Alazkan The Assasin+Sinister Shadows+kidnap of great persons+4 Liches with mind III and Prince difficulty (4-5 sities) at the turn of 250-300 I have the research 1000+ beakers. And before turh 300 I win Conquest wiktory because everyone in the map is my vassal. Usually i play balanced map normal size +low sea+10 players+ agressive AI because computer doesn't want to go into fight.

19. Bioroid

Bioroid Chieftain

First I would like to say huge thank you to Valkrionn for such wonderful work. I liked the atmosphere of your mod alot. It's alive. And it's quite unique and different in roots then FFH 2. Sorry if i repeat something that was allready written it the forum. I'm new here and there was no time to read everyrhing.

Pluses.
    I liked the idea of comanders who can costruct forts which then become citadels, idea that comandor is a defender himself and can lead couple of units to victory. Also idea with smith master et al is very good. If one specializez only on recon units than he should built only outfit for them and that's it. If one wants also melee units than one should spend one more ingeneer. For different guilds, music and cool phantasy pictures also big thanks.

Minuses.
    Griffins is absolute disbalans. There was one vild Griffin with 18 str and 3 moves and I easely subdled him with my Alazkan. Alazkan is a cheating hero. To say litteraly, every single turn he produce a new strong hero (copy of himself). Two turns was anough to subdle even 18 strength 10th level griffin. And than with this griffin very quickly on barbarians I got two more such griffins. Only one lvl 10 griffin with combat V, moves, orthus axe and cannibalism at turn 180 was anough to concver entire world just with this single unit. Actually he was even more powerfull than Acheron. I simply deleted him because it was not interesting to play with such disbalance at all.

Homes, villages, towns are overpowered by giving them also hammers. Thing about it please. Just one extra hammer is anough. Other is when you star a game with a quick start in widdle ages you can purchase dwarven mines even if you are not a dwarf. I think this is a bug.

I play with Svaltafar. Ansient forests+towns+Alazkan The Assasin+Sinister Shadows+kidnap of great persons+4 Liches with mind III and Prince difficulty (4-5 sities) at the turn of 250-300 I have the research 1000+ beakers. And before turh 300 I win Conquest wiktory because everyone in the map is my vassal. Usually i play balanced map normal size +low sea+10 players+ agressive AI because computer doesn't want to go into fight.

20. Valkrionn

Glad you like it. ;)

The work is not just my own, though; We're based on the work of both the FfH team and the FF team, along with quite a bit of material from Orbis. I'm also just the head of the team; There are five members at this point, myself, Vermicious Knid, Grey Fox, KillerClowns, and Opera. :goodjob:

Animals and Barbs are going to be completely different next version. ;)

As are improvements.

The Dwarven Mine issue is that I neglected to put the advanced start cost to -1. :lol: