RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 4, 2009.

1. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Warlord

Plus you can use your soldiers of kilmorph to assist with mine construction.

2. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I am playing as the Illians and when my city tiles turn to glacier, it kills off all my Frostlings. Is this working as intended?

Also, when blizzards come up, it damages my Frostlings. In my opinion, they should be immune to blizzard effects.

Besides that, the Illians have been super fun to play. Slowly turning the whole world into one giant iceball. :D

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It is not, now. There will be tweaks to the Illians and the White Hand, though, to keep things balanced and make sure it works as intended.

4. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Good grief, Valk. Stock answer: everything's going to change. ;)

5. Valkrionn

Not EVERYTHING. :lol:

Actually the changes for White Hand had already been discussed; It's mainly just making sure it's power is inline with other religions, and making sure Illians following it aren't stupidly unbalanced. We have some ideas for the climate changing too, but I'm not sure yet if they'll be in. ;)

Expect major changes in all areas of the mod a few versions down the road though... 1.3 will be the stuff we've got mostly finished and the new barb system, 1.4 will redesign leaders, 1.5 will redesign units/buildings/civics/promotions, 1.6 redesigns guilds.... So eventually just about everything. :lol:

6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Ah ok. Nice to know.

The Illians do seem super powerful and I haven't even used their world spell yet. The whole world is basically on big iceball and everyone else is starving to death. Muhahaha!

Still maintaining cordial relations with everyone and I think there has been one war the entire game and it didn't involve me. It's about turn 700 now. :p

7. lordrune

lordrune Prince

Latest patch is very enjoyable. Have played a few games and haven't had any CTDs or noticed any game-breaking bugs :)

Have to play with Timid Animals on, though. Otherwise the AIs dont stand a chance :)

8. Valkrionn

Glad to hear it's stable for you. ;)

And barbs are going to be changed quite a bit, been working on that. ;)

9. 7ate9tin11s

7ate9tin11s Chieftain

A small idea that would make the religions a bit more flavorful...

Specialized Religious Rituals :D

For example:

Octopus Overlords
    Ritual: Vociferating Depths
    Flavor Text: The voices of the overlords whisper no more, the very waves proclaim their message...
    Requirements: OO Religion, 6 OO Temples, Machinery
    Cost: 1300 :hammers:
    Duration: 2+ turns, depending on map size
    Actions:
    All non-OO living units on or within 3 tiles of water have a chance of receiving one of the following:
    15% - OO Religion
    5% - Converted into a barbarian drown
    5% - Enervated
    5% - Weak
    5% - Crazed
    5% - Lost
    5% - Estranged
    5% - Unwholesome Addiction

All OO units on or within 3 tiles of water have a chance of receiving one of the following:
    5% - Enraged
    5% - Unstoppable
    5% - Strong
    5% - Crazed

All non-OO races hate OO races alot more (-8)

Runes of Kilmorph
    Ritual: Blessed Stone
    Flavor Text: You see? The lady of earth and stone will draw from unbelievers to bless us...
    Requirements: RK Religion, 6 RK Temples, Fanaticism
    Duration: 8+ turns, depending on map size
    Actions:
    All cities with RK gain 1 gold per plot of land, all non-RK cities lose X gold where X is the total of RK gained gold divided by the number of non-RK cities. This means that a single holdout civilization will be massively damaged and if there is minimal RK cities the damage will be tiny (ie 1 gold from every non RK city)...so spread that religion :D
    All RK races like each other more and all non-RK races dislike RK races more (+/-6)

Ashen Vale
    Ritual: Blood Control
    Flavor Text: You take our blood, our brains, our children...did you think we gave them for no reason?
    Requirements: AV Religion, 6 AV Temples, Commune with Nature, Infernal Pact
    Duration: Instant
    Actions:
    If possible, Infernal Race is made into the Vassal state of casting race.
    All units in cities with AV religion which do not have AV religion have a 10% chance to convert to AV, this effect happens prior to the following effects.
    All AV units belonging to non-AV religion races have a 50% chance of converting to a random AV religion race.
    All races receive 1 :science: for each AV unit owned
    All non-AV races hate AV races alot more (-8)

Some less specific ideas include the Order ritual giving happiness to lawful races and revolts in chaotic races and the leaves ritual causing forest blooms in all lands, but destroying any improvements in non-leaves lands.

These would all be unique world wonders and would add some religious flavor to the late game.

Looking forward to 1.3,

-7ate9tin11s

10. Valkrionn

Hmm... These are some very interesting ideas. :goodjob:

11. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

Speaking of rituals, did the ritual system in the original FF (ie mana surge, curse the land) ever get fixed? The rituals themselves are still in the RiFE pedia but you can't use them in game, do they still need to be there?

12. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

If I want to change which civ's can build which units where would the location of that folder be exactly?

13. Valkrionn

That would be the uniqueunits section of CivilizationInfos, so Assets/XML/Civilizations.

You can give them a new unit for a unitclass (Replacement for a Warrior, for example) or give them a NONE unit for a unitclass, blocking them from building it.

14. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

Hmmm....Can I edit that with notepad or do I need a specific XML editor?

15. Valkrionn

Notepad works fine, though most of us use Notepad++ (Freeware program, with xml/python/etc support built in).

16. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

Great! I recently downloaded Notepad++.

17. Trappisto

Trappisto Chieftain

Idea that dwarven races could access a ritual called subteraneon exploration on completion of mining and fanatism (or similar). Idea is that this could be done once in each dwarven city: they mine deep and send a large exploration team into bowels of erberus.

Outcome would be quite like exploring a ruin - could yield lots of gold, magical items, spawn a strong demon, spawn lots of barbs - quite useful for exp. -1 population for duration, 80% chance +1 pop after (exploration team returns), 30% +2 population after (return with some deep dwarves).

Most dark fantasy epics seems to show the dwarves getting themselves into trouble from digging too deep so this seems rather fitting!

18. CurseUppl

CurseUppl The bureaucracy expands.

Hm, would it be possible to add a subterranean level to Civ? Heroes 3 comes to mind. It would only be accessible if a dwarven civ is in play and cities would provide said access. So for another civ to access the underground, they'd have to capture a dwarven city.

19. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

I believe Kael was thinking about having different levels within the base FFH but this idea didn't take off because the AI could never really be taught to manage units between levels. In the end he compromised with the hell terrain spread over erebus instead of having a separate hell region.

The idea you mentioned, although it would be really cool to see something like that in game would be really hard to make it happen :)

20. Evalis

Evalis Prince

Not sure if this belongs in the bug thread.. but Crossbowmen are no longer national units. Is this working as intended? Seems sort of pointless to build arquebuses when the tech cost to research them (and no gun powder required) is the same.