RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

You'll almost never get to build the nexus or obsidian gates as the mechanos because it's on the magic techline, something that the mechanos shouldn't really be on past alteration/elementalism/necromancy/divination.
However I think the railroad improvement is the remedy for this - it requires refined mana, so it's pretty much mechanos exclusive and units get a big movement boost on it. It's not quite the same as the airlift buildings but I think it fits the mechanos better than such buildings. :)

How about a melee promo for the Mechanos that gives the unit the ability to air-drop. Thopter-borne air-assault troops! :ar15:

Nice idea.

First it was very difficult for me to play FFH2. But after a month when i developed new strategies it started to be very easy. Even in a Prince difficulty with 5 rival AI teams with 2 AI civilizations in each team. Even Acheron is not a problem. Normally I subdual him on 220-250 turn after animal mastery with Alazkan The Assassin. (Putting Deity difficulty to make the game more interesting is not good because AI will just produce hundreds of units)

Evil environment appears not so dangerous and not so evil. I propose to include one optional possibility into the game. The Black Tower. barbarian extremely evil and powerful city. It can have some nice art like Sauron's tower from Lord of The Rings, the huge slim elegant black tower. The idea is that approximately by the turn 250 barbarians create The Black Tower which is pure evil and dangerous place. It has powerfull guardians, much more powerful then Acheron, and this place spawns extremely powerful creatures and holds rare artifacts and treasures inside them and a tower itself. I Think It can spawns liches, manticoras, ogres, wraith, mistforms, beasts of Agares and even may be mighty moving dragons. (all beautiful made arts which were not included into the game can be included here like unique spawning hostile barbarian heroes and creatures). Terrain around is unfertile rotting undead desolation. To conquer the Black Tower should be really challenging, this is so difficult that it can be even the optional victory to the player who manage to do this. In most games The Black Tower simply will destroy every single civilization on a continent.

The main idea is to feel again the immensely desperate situation of persisting in evil Erebus world. The Black Tower should be more powerful then a half the rival AI altogether. To conquer The Black Tower is unachievable act of bravery.

Evil environment appears not so dangerous and not so evil. I propose to include one optional possibility into the game. The Black Tower. barbarian extremely evil and powerful city. It can have some nice art like Sauron's tower from Lord of The Rings, the huge slim elegant black tower. The idea is that approximately by the turn 250 barbarians create The Black Tower which is pure evil and dangerous place. It has powerfull guardians, much more powerful then Acheron, and this place spawns extremely powerful creatures and holds rare artifacts and treasures inside them and a tower itself. I Think It can spawns liches, manticoras, ogres, wraith, mistforms, beasts of Agares and even may be mighty moving dragons. (all beautiful made arts which were not included into the game can be included here like unique spawning hostile barbarian heroes and creatures). Terrain around is unfertile rotting undead desolation. To conquer the Black Tower should be really challenging, this is so difficult that it can be even the optional victory to the player who manage to do this. In most games The Black Tower simply will destroy every single civilization on a continent.

The main idea is to feel again the immensely desperate situation of persisting in evil Erebus world. The Black Tower should be more powerful then a half the rival AI altogether. To conquer The Black Tower is unachievable act of bravery.

I like this idea, although I think it should definitely have some late game requirements for the barbarian civ to use it. The city that Acheron is built in is basically a no-go zone for a large proportion of the game - him spawing can be devastating if it blocks you from the rest of the continent.
I think that once established empires are made then there is room for a serious barbarian entity like this, since civs can deal with this at this point. I think it would be good for the barbarian civ to have another trick up their sleeve, especially since TumTum is very underwhelming given the time he usually spawns.
If you're foolish or negligent enough to leave barbarian cities until the late game then I think it's fair that a serious threat arises. Also gives another late-game anticiv mechanic if armageddon isn't playing an important role

I have an issue with racial (species?) promotions in general in FFH and submods. I haven't looked closely enough, but it seems that most racial promotions only bestow benefits to the unit, leaving humans (and others?) without these small bonuses. Some balance could be introduced like giving lizardmen a -10% on ice and tundra (since they are coldblooded) or giving elves -10% in desert (since there are no trees?).

I have an issue with racial (species?) promotions in general in FFH and submods. I haven't looked closely enough, but it seems that most racial promotions only bestow benefits to the unit, leaving humans (and others?) without these small bonuses. Some balance could be introduced like giving lizardmen a -10% on ice and tundra (since they are coldblooded) or giving elves -10% in desert (since there are no trees?).

While I agree with the lizardmen, I think the elven worker gutting is already bad enough.

Most racial promotions have some negative aspects:

Demons are weak against holy damage.
Elves are slower workers and are weak against cold damage.
Giants gain less experience.
Goblins are even slower workers.
Golems are slow healers (and can' gain experience, though that has nothing to do with the racial promotion in itself)
Ice Demons and Frostlings are weak to fire damage.
Illusions can't kill anything and have a chance to miscast spells.
Lizardman are weak against cold damage.
Orcs are weak against cold and slower workers.
Trolls gain less experiece and are extremly weak against fire.

Most of the time the good outweighs the bad, but it's not all good.

Golems are slow healers (and can' gain experience, though that has nothing to do with the racial promotion in itself)

^This. The only ones that are entirely positive are Centaur and Musteval (and Lamia too, when I add it), but for those it is nearly all that makes them different for the Kurios. Musteval, for example, gain a small bit of City Defense and can examine enemy cities. That's it. :lol:

So, I guess your adding Mustevel in the version?

I don't know what the plan is for gaining passive experience but I was thinking that it could be fun to have an option which made units gain extra passive experience if there is a unit of the same type with more experience in a city with them. This would give your heroes more to do during peace time, and feels a bit more flavorful. May also be able to allow generals to give that bonus to any class giving them a bit more to do.
No idea about the programming problems with that.

Ah thank you, I clearly didn't look closely enough.

hello, new to this, but not new to fall from heaven two, though i havent played any of the modmod yets...

i would like to pitch an idea for a roman/greek like civilization, who value order and abhor chaos to the point where they are anti magic...they would instead use things like more seige weapons, a ship line based on the galley/trireme/quadreme/quinqereme, and magic hunter units...

because nearly every civ uses magic in some form or another, even if its only to light the cities, as shown in the gridlines flavor text, they would also be somewhat barbarous, with more emphasis on brute force using roman and greek styled infantry and such.

also, i would hope that certain things like hinterlands might not be used...seems like it would hinder opening game expansion and placement...i find the beginning of the match very important as everyone jockeys for position and setup...

i also think that adding things like hobbits might make the great world that was created way too Tolkienish, something that i dread...its hard to find such a good world that isn't overly based on his high fantasy epic, and i would greatly like the game to stay with as little Tolkien as possible...

Dural and Grigori are becoming more Greek and Romanesque.

We do want a hinterlands feeling, we like that it hinders the early expansion. Barbarians will get toned down next version though, but they will also get more territorial.

And yeah we don't want Tolkienish fantasy either. This is still Dark Fantasy.

Soo, only request I have at the moment is to see if you can add the new Vampire Lord model I seen in FFH...oh lord do I love that spear.

i would like to pitch an idea for a roman/greek like civilization, who value order and abhor chaos to the point where they are anti magic...they would instead use things like more seige weapons, a ship line based on the galley/trireme/quadreme/quinqereme, and magic hunter units...

because nearly every civ uses magic in some form or another, even if its only to light the cities, as shown in the gridlines flavor text, they would also be somewhat barbarous, with more emphasis on brute force using roman and greek styled infantry and such.

As Grey Fox said, the Grigori and Dural will become Roman and Greek respectively. Just a bit of flavor, not too much.

As for a siege-based, anti-magic civ... Play the Mechanos, and then thank Ahwaric for making them. :lol: Airships rather than what you described, but otherwise the same... Even have a Witch Hunter unit.

also, i would hope that certain things like hinterlands might not be used...seems like it would hinder opening game expansion and placement...i find the beginning of the match very important as everyone jockeys for position and setup...

It is intended to do just that, actually.

The version I'm working on will create quite a bit of barbarian (and animal) culture. The stronger barbs will then be confined to that culture; That will be the Hinterlands. You will have to actively root them out in order to expand, but should not be too hardpressed in your own culture.

i also think that adding things like hobbits might make the great world that was created way too Tolkienish, something that i dread...its hard to find such a good world that isn't overly based on his high fantasy epic, and i would greatly like the game to stay with as little Tolkien as possible...

Completely agree.

will the religions be getting more units and such?
and is there a way or possibility of neutral heros?
heros that dont come from either religions, or civs?
ones anyone can get, maybe tied into civics or councils?

Top Bottom