1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Right time to build new cities

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gamer1291, May 13, 2009.

1. Gamer1291

Gamer1291 Chieftain

hi everyone i finally got myself an expansion beyond the sword and it rocks:goodjob: the best civ game ever:cool: but i hav a problem that is my fav civ is Japanese and i am just beginner i want to know when is the right time to build second city? and how many cities should i build till the end of the game?.I asked the right time to build second city becoz as soon as i build a new city the maintenance makes me lose the wealth -1 for each new city and i end up researching slow becoz my wealth goes to 0 and science slider moves to 90% so wen should i build a new city so i get less maintenance?

2. Gamer1291

Gamer1291 Chieftain

i am very sorry for posting this thread in civ III i was in a hurry plz can any moderator move this thread to civ IV strategy & tips plz thanx

3. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

Get your cities as fast as possible and don't worry about maintenance too much. Your absolute beaker count is far more important than your science slider. People here win games with the slider temporarily down to 0%.

To sustain empires with more than ~6 cities Currency (+1 trade route/city) and Code of Laws (Courthouse, halves city maintenance) are key technologies.

4. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck King

Early and often. Dual priority with guarding them.

5. Shylock

Shylock Hey smiling strange

Get as many cities as you can defend.