Righty tighty, Lefty Loosey

Red Stranger

Emperor
I've heard my friends use the phrase "righty tighty, lefty loosey" and I'm wondering if there's some truth behind this. It seems likely that in more urban areas, there is a higher chance of teenage pregnacy and liberal thoughts. While in more conservative parts of the country women are more reserved. Does anyone have any statistics to show if this is true or not?

I think some of it might stem from the fact that conservatives tend to be more religious in nature, which discourages pre-marital sex.

But in all reality I doubt that political influence affects someones likelyhood of having unprotected sex.

Red Stranger said:
I've heard my friends use the phrase "righty tighty, lefty loosey" and I'm wondering if there's some truth behind this. It seems likely that in more urban areas, there is a higher chance of teenage pregnacy and liberal thoughts. While in more conservative parts of the country women are more reserved. Does anyone have any statistics to show if this is true or not?

if by urban you mean black then maybe, if you mean urban as in city people, then no, im pretty sure there are more teen pregnancies in trailer land!

Um, that's the rule for standard-thread nuts and bolts. I never heard it used as a metaphor for sexual promiscuity, but now that I have, it makes sense.

I figure libreal chicks are naturally gonna be ditzier and more likely to fall for some guy trying to convince them to sleep with him.

I'm sure there are plenty of pregnant teenagers in conservative, rural areas too. Just a lot less of them since there are far fewer people.

The Yankee said:
I'm sure there are plenty of pregnant teenagers in conservative, rural areas too. Just a lot less of them since there are far fewer people.
Exactly, plus being conservative areas they probably get married alot quicker, pressure from the parents and all.

Liberal girls are easier to get, but also easier to lose...
I prefer conservative girls, at least they don't have a 3 divorces per 4 marriages rate...

Syterion said:
Actually the red states have more teen pregnancies than blue states, and more divorces.

Provide evidence, please, as requested in the opening post.

The phrase refers to nuts and bolts. Except on toilets, it's different on one bolt :(

oklie-doklie-linky

Also, I checked out this page that was the first link when I googled Teen pregnancy rates per state. It has the numbers for all of them.

From your Google preg rate chart, by pregnancy rate

Libs:
California- 96/1000

DC- 128/1000

Vermont- 44/1000

Reds:
Texas: 101/1000

Alabama: 90/1000

Utah: 53/1000

Those were just cherry picked, but I dont think it proves your point. There seems to be a population vs. pregnancy rate correlation, but overall I think horny teenagers transcend all political boundaries and ideologies.

You can't look at overall states. I think it has more to do with urban vs. non-urban populations.

That being said, I agree that coservative/liberal "areas" have nothing to do with how many teenagers get pregnant. I believe it would correlate more with out-of-wedlock births, teenage or not.

I've got it. The way the map (in The Yankee's link) breaks down is simple:

Less teen pregnancy in states where it's too damn cold to screw outside for half the year.

;)

Those were just cherry picked

Bingo.

Sorry, but the states with the highest teen pregnancy rates are clearly in the Old South. And if you can find more statistics you'll see that the lowest divorce rates are in the Northeast.

The Southwest is a special case (New Mexico, CA, Arizona.)

Top Bottom