RIP civ4 forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another details that struck me and goaded me to start this thread is the grand exodus of moderators. The_J...is another I just realized as a "quitter".

Idiots? Did you mean the elitists or the ideological fanatical people? Everyone has made their dumb moments. I did, you did, MarigoldRan did, TMIT did, etc. You're talking like they are unremitting ones. :lol:
Helpful people remained...not that much. They tremendously diminished in number too.

I never (I repeat: never!!!!11111) made any mistake in my whole life Tachywaxon! Who're you to say something! The only mistake I now remember was having met you :lol: .

:love:

Another details that struck me and goaded me to start this thread is the grand exodus of moderators. The_J...is another I just realized as a "quitter".

Very good. Then I can become moderator, and then you'll learn how the whip really feels :mad: :D .

There must be a lack of moderators, I mean Seraiel just threatened to assault tachy !!! :eek:

I don't think forums are in that bad a shape, although there's been a lull the past month. The problem is there's a lot of repetition of topics and similar advice, so older posters might think the forums are bland/boring, but newbies would have a different perspective.

Maybe I should try to be more of an active poster myself, but I got that constant fear of looking really stupid (used to think kremlin was worthless) ^_^ My gameplay kind of evolved on my own, so I got to deity with a rather different perspective on things, but as a consequence I have giant gaps in knowledge and understanding. So I'm still learning new things :)

I know for myself it seems I spend less time in the civ 4 forums because I'm in OT or somewhere else. I just haven't had enough time recently to play much civ.

This might be treason to be saying on the civ4 forums, but I've gone less active in these forums because I mostly post in the Civ5 C&C forums nowadays. But I seriously doubt the civ4 forums will ever 'die', as there will always be someone playing civ4, as well as the argument that civ4 is usually acclaimed as the best game in the civilization series.

But yeah, I noticed there were less new threads too. As civ4 gets older less people will post here. That's just how it is. But I don't think we should be worrying about the debut of civ6 until 2014 because civ games seem to come out every four years and civ5 came out in 2010

Oh wait... 2014 is coming up soon... :dubious:
Where the heck did the time go?

I play civ iii still, I don't think forum is in danger. Even civ iii forum has some activity.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

I don't think this forum will stall until Civ6 hits.

Has there been any mention of a Civ 6 at all? I'm getting kind of bored with Civ 4 and Civ 5 really doesn't appeal to me after all the things I've read about it. They nerfed too many things.

Has there been any mention of a Civ 6 at all? I'm getting kind of bored with Civ 4 and Civ 5 really doesn't appeal to me after all the things I've read about it. They nerfed too many things.

If you only play the original base game, of course, civ4 will become redundant. Try some mods (that is not to broken that it becomes too easy). There's some appeal in learning a new frame of civ4.

Personally, I would be in SGOTM right now if I had far more time since it's a superior stimulant, that time is rare and that takes lots of time.

Has there been any mention of a Civ 6 at all?

Oh, no, not that I've heard of. I was just saying that since V flopped (imho), BtS would reign supreme until a worthy successor arises. :king:

Don't know if I want a succesful successor. Probably will be a heavy user of CPU. :(

Well, that's why they keep building better computers. Somewhere in a clean room right now, one engineer is telling another engineer that 500 exabytes of RAM just ain't good enough, on account of the wicked graphics Civ6 is gonna have and the 100-civ, 1-million-tile Ginormous Earth map.

Spoiler :
(I mean, sure, they probably care about designing cars, and predicting global weather patterns, and instantaneous Earth-Mars communication and all that, but we all know awesome computers are for playing awesome Civ games. Right?)

(I mean, sure, they probably care about designing cars, and predicting global weather patterns, and instantaneous Earth-Mars communication and all that, but we all know awesome computers are for playing awesome Civ games. Right?)

Having been around for the entire time, my observation is that home computer hardware capacity has always been driven by game developers. Not necessarily Civ games, but in general.

Having been around for the entire time, my observation is that home computer hardware capacity has always been driven by game developers. Not necessarily Civ games, but in general.

Exactly. Just look at video cards. There's certainly no need for some heavyweight in that area just to surf the web or watch videos. It's all about the games.

Tachywaxon maybe you just need something else to fill the void in your civ addiction. First you master the game, then you master the mods, then you start making mods, then eventually you make your own game. Kael did it.

So now that the forums are slowing down you can spend more time to get started on "Tachywaxon presents the Civilization IV Mod to end all Civilization IV Mods."
: P

Well, I've been a lot less active since my computer went POP. (Yes, it was during Civ IV.)

Since then, housemate's been letting me use her preposterous gaming frankenPC. Civ IV hotseat doesn't work, but CiV does - so I've been trying to work out how to play CiV and how to enjoy CiV.

I'll get back to you on both matters...

Exactly. Just look at video cards. There's certainly no need for some heavyweight in that area just to surf the web or watch videos. It's all about the games.

Actually, having been forced by the above hardware failure to fall back on a G4 iBook that can't manage YouTube, there's an argument that any kind of dedicated GPU provides a fair bit of future proofing against the increasingly complex and HD graphical content of the web.

I was going to get a basic MBP to replace dead iMac, but I'm not going to rely on gfx chips any more. The media arms race is too frenetic.

Hmm.. I've joined to these forums almost year ago. Have I missed the golden age of Civ IV? I agree on that the forum games have had less players than a year ago. People are kinda passive. Was I lucky, when I bought the game in summer '12 instead of CiV, which I skipped 'cause I was unsure if it works on my computer? However I've enjoyed the (IV) game and community. I have a question to Mulatto Maker and other who think that V is a bad game; have you even tried it ;)?

It is the way of all things- everything is born, everything dies, everything is born again. The only question is which stage of the cycle Civ VI is in at the moment.

Oh well, this is just how "gaming" goes.
Bear in mind that this here is a very long lived forum, because there was lots of stuff to discuss.
I normally buy games not at the release, but quite a bit later. But once a RPG I think 2 years after release, and the forums were all dead (but it was a great game).
That this forum part is still alive is rather exceptional, and not the norm ;).

Oh, already 2 or 3 years ago, not just recently ;).

There must be a lack of moderators, I mean Seraiel just threatened to assault tachy !!! :eek:

Probably taking this too serious now, but: If there was somewhere a real threat, you'd get an instant ban for 1 week for it.
(was relatively obvious that this one wasn't serious)

Is it my imagination or has there been a little more activity here since the US Federal Government shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom