RIP civ4 forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domination is quite interesting, though. Especially if you make Courthouses give +2 stability to counteract all other stability weirdness, and lessen the unhistorical tiles penalty.

I wished they were more of these buildings like the prisons or something else.

In the "traditional" stability system, Jails also give +1 Stability, as well as Security Bureaus and Intelligence Agencies (only if your stability is already below a limit). And it is possible to code more buildings give stability.

Not trying to convert you to RFC, though, it's a very specific kind of experience. I do find that it has more randomness then the Earth map.

Moderator Action: Some of the language used in this thread is unacceptable, please clean it up or the thread will be closed.

The trolling also needs to stop as well as the personal stuff about other members of this site.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The forums are quite active. I assure you. But with lurkers now. You are, for instance, part of the last breed of active users. Lurkers are no fun because, well, they don't add anything. No holding ressentment again them at all since everyone is lurker at some moments, but it is more than obvious civ4 is agonizing. Not THAT it matters much. I entertain myself elsewhere without problem (RL or not), but I'm just saying my feeling on this.

I would consider myself 'most recent' rather than 'last'...and I think more time would be needed to prove otherwise since I haven't been here that long.

You just have to see the number of replies in the really interesting Drewisfat's write-up to see the "active" civ4 population is gone. Less interesting threads of the past had more responses than his.

This is a thread in HOF forum, yes? I don't think HOF forum activity is a clear indicator of forum life overall. For example I'm clearly no lurker and I think I've looked at the HOF forum maybe three times, and never commented there. Nothing against it, it just hasn't caught my interest.

The only places where actions are still packed are probably the mods section and perhaps GOTM section.

This thread seems to be doing okay, as do quite a few others in this section. If there weren't as much activity in this section as there is I might put some time in other sections, but for now this consumes my limit.

I don't disacknowledge his abilities. Heck, I'm one of the first who encouraged him while others like Mylene (a very strong player just to specify) spat on him, but I just noted that claiming respect in a forum filled with lurkers is like thinking might hear your shoutings in empty woods. No one to heed, then no acknowledgements. Hence the respect system being obsolete.

I didn't realize respect was systematic...and it wasn't you who I thought was trollish in comments about Seraiel.

:hmm:

I thought Nick Carpathia was just playing.

I thought Tachywaxon was too...

I cannot feel bad that Tachywaxon got punished anyhow as she's canadian and deserves it, but there is really nothing that can be done against her speaking funnily :x .

;D

Haha, it's no fun unless you can instigate fights with others. Okay okay, you're probably better at SP Civ than I, but nothing will stop me from calling you out for cooking your starts!

Yes well ... The Canadians should be punished :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had no idea Tachy was a female Canadian!

Time to start up the Internet flirt! Ugh I desperately need to change my account name. drewisfat, jeez I already blew my chance.

Pretend it says drewisbuff&rich&stuff

Also my thread is in strat & tips; what a great advert this is to the gen discussion crew!

People assumes I'm female. They can wander anywhere with imagination. People can't deal with people avowing neutral gender.

NOW, let's get back to the subject please.

About depressive facts that the civ4 forums is agonizing. :yumyum:

Who the hell is Drew?

Drew was a friend of mine in middle school. He stole one of my cookies during lunch. I told him if he didn't make adequate compensation of a comparative cookie that drewisfat would be my account name for everything, forever. He never got me another cookie.

Been over a decade now. I never forget!

You dedicated yourself to his memory online for all eternity AND he got the cookie? Drew is the clear winner there; that's what the ladies want.
: P

As for those Canadian comments, you all don't know what you're talking aboot, eh.

As for those Canadian comments, you all don't know what you're talking aboot, eh.

As the bear said 'c'mon, it's an entire country that's north of Buffalo'. I think that's punishment enough.

Meanwhile we have a thread where a lurker asked a fairly simple question and the immediate response amounted to 'shut up and search like a good little lurker'...:rolleyes:

:goodjob: to Seraiel who came along and provided a good, friendly answer...hopefully that will be the impression that lasts.

Serial lurker? Guilty.
There is cake available?
Hmmm..

I have learned alot about CIV by lurking. I guess I lurk because, although I am interested in learning new tidbits about the game, I suppose I just can't stomach the off topic conversation.

Serial lurker? Guilty.
There is cake available?
Hmmm..

I have learned alot about CIV by lurking. I guess I lurk because, although I am interested in learning new tidbits about the game, I suppose I just can't stomach the off topic conversation.

When the off topic conversation turns to cake it is much easier to stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom