RIP WoC

buck beach

Prince
If this sucker is dead (for whatever the reason) just tell us, we are big boys (and girls) and can take the truth. The world was built in 7 days and although Rome wasn't built in a day, I am sure they had progress reports to keep the interest up. Kill it or revive it, either after so long is ok with me.

If this sucker is dead (for whatever the reason) just tell us, we are big boys (and girls) and can take the truth. The world was built in 7 days and although Rome wasn't built in a day, I am sure they had progress reports to keep the interest up. Kill it or revive it, either after so long is ok with me.

I have no idea what is going on with WoC. I used to play it, but then it went pretty quiet. What I do know is that some mods (like Rise of Mankind, or RoM) use the WoC standard and a lot of the WoC modules will work in that mod as well.

I have tried to play this version, but either i'am too stupid or ... Is this a beta version??

What is the point of this camps? You can't build a city if you start with them, you have already lost... Even the AI just wanders around the map without any citys.
Plus every time i hit Enter the game crashes
Plus in some city's you can build a archer, in some you can't. No matter whether you have build a archer building or not.
Plus the barbarians are far more advanced then i am. I defend with the gatherer and he attacks with Swordsman.. not nice ;-)

Yes this is a beta version, the camps are for the neolithic era we are working on. The idea is in the neolithic era you cant build cities until you have researched the tech agriculture. So if you start in the Ancient era and get a camp instead of a settler, go to the world builder and give yourself a settler and delete the camp. The reason you cant build a archer is that you do not have enough tradegoods to build them. make sure you have a armory, barracks and archery range built, those are the ones that give tradegoods for archers. Pay close attention to what the buildings do, there are subtle changes there.

The game crashes when you hit enter is not good, i need more info on that. Are you playing the release dll or debug dll?. Maybe i missed something i have added to my beta version. Also there are almost daily updates. So check back frequently.

Thank you very much for this Answer!
I thought i will probably be able to build a city later on. But isn't it quite unbalanced, when one civ can start with a settler right away, and the other ones much later? I can use the world builder, but AI can't.. (Luckily..)

I will pay more attention to the "subtle changes"

The version i used is this one: http://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/worldofciv/World of Civilization 3.19.tar.gz?view=tar

Usually i was able to end a turn by hitting enter. This doesn't work anymore with Patch 3.19. Right? Or is there maybe a basic problem with my CiV installation??

Thank you guys for all the work!

Yes that would be the correct one, I just sent some more changes up, and have some more ill be sending up soon. Yes the ones that do not get a settler wil be fixed, just got to figure out how,lol. Was the civ you started with a bts default civ or one of the extras?

Random ones. But i think mostly custom. But then i changed to Lincoln, because he had a settler :)

Yes that would be the correct one, I just sent some more changes up, and have some more ill be sending up soon. Yes the ones that do not get a settler wil be fixed, just got to figure out how,lol. Was the civ you started with a bts default civ or one of the extras?

I hope I didn't come off too rude the other night. I truly love this mod. To me, it adds so much to the Civ IV experience.

I won't try the beta yet because I have dial-up Internet service and have to go to a friends house several miles away to get anything large. I sure don't want to ware out my welcome there so I will lurk along till I see you have come out of the Beta.

I do appreciate all your work especially in light of you RL issues.

BTW, some time back I told you my mothers was a long time breast cancer survivor (30 to 35 years). Well, I lost her last week at 87, BUT, it was not from cancer.

Thank you for the work you've done

I downloaded this (WOC BTS 3.19) yesterday and placed everything in My Games/Civilization 4/BTS/MOD and again in the Firaxis Games BTS/MOD.

I got a crash to desktop when I loaded the Mod from the Advance set up in the game menu. Any suggestions? Did I load to much?

Also, I see from the svn site that this is defiantly a work in process with several changes today. I am not worried about the changes, I'll deal with them after I start getting the Mod to load.

I am working with a Vista operating system, if this makes any difference. I will try to load it up on my XP if need be.

It doesnt need to go into My Games/Civilization 4...... Just goes into C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods if you are running 64 bit and C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods if you are running 32 bit.

Make sure the top folder isnt repeated twice, thats happened to me b4, it should look like this, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\World of Civilization 3.19. Then in that folder there is Assets folder, Public maps folder, Schemas folder, SDK folder, REvolution ini and perhaps a World of Civilization 3.19 ini. Try that and let me know.

Make sure the top folder isnt repeated twice, thats happened to me b4, it should look like this, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\World of Civilization 3.19. Then in that folder there is Assets folder, Public maps folder, Schemas folder, SDK folder, REvolution ini and perhaps a World of Civilization 3.19 ini. Try that and let me know.

I placed the folder in the Firaxis /// only and it worked on my Vista computer. Having a few problems setting up on my XP but need to check a few things.

Thanks for you help.

Hrm, I'm getting the same CTD on Vista. I D/L'd & unzipped the mod into C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, but halfway through loading the mod, I crash. In the WoC folder there are subfolders for assets, publicmaps, schemas, sdk & the revolutions.ini. I unzipped it from the World of Civilization 3.19.tar.gz I got from sourceforge...

When I played the game in was the normal BTS. Went back and saw the zip file was only partially un-zipping. Re-download the package from svn. Tried un-zipping with my PowerDeskPro 7 several times but would abort each time. Got an evaluation copy of WinZip and tried again with it. Here are the last few lines from the View Output function:

Extracting CIV4TerrainSchema.xm
Extracting CIV4UnitSchema.xm
Extracting AirField.dd
Could not create C:\Users\Earl Beach\AppData\Roaming\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\World of Civilization 3.19\Assets\Modules\Game Concepts\Airlifts for Improvements\Terrain\Improvements\Air Field\Art\Structures\Improvements\Air Field - aborting extract operation

Top Bottom