[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

So I think it much more reasonable to speculate on the mechanics over the video itself. I mean I think they both offer clues, but they will, for sure, introduce one civ (it could be leader only, but I think we will see a whole civ for each as there are not that many to cover) that highlights each new mechanic.

So the primary are

Golden/Dark/Heroic Age
    Loyalty/Culture Flip
    Governors
    Alliances
    Emergencies

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

I was all hot to buy this until I watched the video. Worst game promo trailer I have ever seen.

footslogger and EricTheGreat12 like this.
  3. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I did note that I like the pattern of upgrades in VI.
    But immersion is important to me as well. Another round of Renaissance units would be great. But maybe another era with them too, to make it work...

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I have one major problem with this expansion video...

That I can't play the expansion now. :cry: It would be like if some really hot naked woman was in my bedroom and I couldn't touch her. That's just teasing Firaxis.

My only major concern is tile improvement bloat. Number of wonders (both man made and natural) and districts is going up, but number of tiles remains the same. I already feel like I don't have enough room on some maps to build what I want to build in terms of districts. We are going to have to really pick and choose which wonders we want, no more building most of the wonders of the game (on the middle difficulty, I don't concentrate on building wonders on higher difficulties). I already don't have patience for pre-planning my districts.

Tiger Genocide, Hawke9 and Guandao like this.
  5. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Bigger maps would be great. I'm not holding my breath :undecide:

Guandao likes this.
  6. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

All the new stuff announced or implied sounds great. Let's hope they make it work.

7. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord

Since Pike and Shot are being added as unit type are their any civilizations that could have unique unit versions of this type? I would think Spain and Tercios but then PCGamesN says 8 unique units so they must all be for new civilizations. So any new Civilizations that could have Pike and Shot replacements?

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Switzerland perhaps.

Guandao and nzcamel like this.
  9. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Italy. Switzerland. Netherlands. Sweden.

The Netherlands are the first civ that come to mind when I hear the word 'Golden Age.' Sure, many other civs had one, too, but we got many of them already. Italy could have an ability centered around Golden Ages as well.

Guandao likes this.
  10. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

February 8th?! That's right around the corner!

It better include a fully functional Worldbuilder. :nono:

Craig_Sutter likes this.
  11. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

It's kind off topic. So sorry.

But I felt the need to say.
    I feel sorry for Sean bean.

He got killed off. again.

I'm sure he was hoping he would survive the expansion

12. Eagle Pursuit

Offed by a plague, no less. How much worse can it get?

conorbebe, Zaarin, Kimiimaro and 2 others like this.
  13. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Yes, I agree. Enlightenment would work as a name. Maybe Imperial era? Whatever the case, I'm perfectly fine with more incremental unit upgrades rather than less units with greater strength disparities. Ideally, not only would there be Riflemen, there'd be "Line Infantry" or "Fusiliers" included immediately before them.

nzcamel likes this.
  14. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Things I want to know about free cities:

• Will we be in a constant war with them or it's possible to make peace?
    • If I conquer one back (through military means), how other Civs perceive it? Do I get warmongering? How much?
    • In the base game, if you conquer the city of another Civ, any unique improvement is removed. What happens when a city becomes a free city? Does it keep the unique improvements? If another Civ flip it to them through loyalty, does it keep the improvements?

Mowi, conorbebe, Zaarin and 1 other person like this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Confirmed: Civ GH is R&F. They just updated the DLC app associated with the Civ GH depot, and renamed it to the expansion.

Leyrann, conorbebe, CivLuvah and 13 others like this.
  16. HEF

HEF Prince

Yeah.. I was tearing, too. Well, y'know... tears of joy, and all that! :clap:

My eyes were tearing watching this clip because I can remember when I first head about the computer game series, Civilization.

Months before Windows 95 was released, in San Diego, where two fellows in my workspace were talking about this game. I think Civilization 2 was out at that time, and they were describing this game in fascinating detail that was hard to ignore. I started to ask questions like, "What's this?" "Really?" "What else can you do in this game?"

Didn't pick up the game but always kept my mind on it from time to time as every year the series would always follow up with III, IV, and so on.

It was Sid Meier's Civilization V where I finally determined that I was ready to try this.

So when I see this trailer, I'm impressed how far the Civilization series has come. :thumbsup:

Mowi, WillowBrook and Guandao like this.
  17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Great Hages. We was looking at a misspell all this time.

18. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

Anyone else concerned how the AI will handle emergencies. I can see something like this happening:
    -Player gets ahead and triggers some emergency
    -All the AI join in to stop them
    -AI does nothing
    -Player who is already really far ahead gets a ton of bonuses

19. Candido Rondon

Candido Rondon Chieftain

Really excited about this. It seems like they looked at a lot of ideas that have been bouncing around for a long time (dark ages, cities splitting away, random events, etc.) and tried to find ways to make them actually enjoyable. When I played mods with these features in previous Civ games, they sort of just felt like anchors tied around my feet making winning a lot harder against civilizations that didn't have the same events happen to them.

Of course, I have no idea how well this will work in implementation, but it seems like they took the approach that bad things should be a logical extension of your decisions and that they should also probably have some kind of an upside too.

I'm also hoping that the new expansion comes with increased modding potential as well. I've been rather disappointed by the modmaking ability of Civ6 so far.

oedali likes this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Since there is a chance to opt out, hopefully the AI will assess its ability (both singly and united) to achieve the emergency quest, and join or opt out accordingly.