1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Just dogpile on the leader, I suspect. It was something I absolutely hated about Civ III. Lol.

2. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Those achievements will give false reads. The ottoman achievement was bugged on release I believe and is one of the more obnoxious ones to get.

The unique district has a few options:

Inca - Machu Picchu as a GD replacement
    Ottomans/Mali - unique CD
    Zulu - Ikhanda as an Encampment replacement

I can't think of any other likely ones.

What the heck is the culture civ going to be? Hoping for Ashanti.

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

So far all districts had only one UD. If that's the same, we have quite short list of candidates not having UD yet:
    1. City center. Unlikely to have UD as that's similar to just Civilization ability.
    2. Encampment. That's quite likely candidate for militaristic Civ. Yes, this would probably mean Zulu, although with Celts they could have some nice twist, i.e. more defensive or economic variant.
    3. Commercial Hub. Most likely candidate, IMHO. This could mean Ottomans with Bazaar or Çarşı.
    4. Aerodrome. Quite late for UD and I believe all civs known for strong aviation are alredy in game. Unlikely.
    5. Spaceport. Even less likely for a number of reasons.

4. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Canada is known for it's aerial prowess in WWI, but I doubt that would be worth representing in a civ depiction of them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    AvianBritish and God of Kings like this.
  5. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Well, that would be quite fun. Imagine Canada itself, which was debated that much. On top of this add some weird Unique Infrastructure, like Unique Aerodrome. On top of this, throw some strange UU, like Military Engineer replaceent. That would be quite fun :)

6. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

I can see a Civilization with an Encampment as a UD without being a militaristic (or super-militaristic one) : Carthage. You could have a Encampment UD which give you a additional trade route if a barrack or stable is built in in this district, plus some other bonuses (must be built on the coast, but can be used to built naval units, with double defense and some gold in top of that). Something like that. Dunno, but it seems it could be awesome and a really new way to play Civ VI

7. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Yes. Arthur Roy Brown shot down the Red Baron. :thumbsup:

AvianBritish and God of Kings like this.
  8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm wondering about this myself. I'm wondering if perhaps they can't get them to work well, and may actually remove them. Or as I strongly suspect, they are so minor an effect, that it really won't have any noticeable effect on gameplay.

9. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

It is still a month away and there are a couple of live streams to go which will probably have this stuff in it, could be a civ that gets a bonus with them

10. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

Sorry if this has been discussed a hundred times already but do we know anything yet about how legacy bonuses are changing in R&F? I know there are now policy cards, does that mean you now need to use a slot to run one of these cards in order to benefit from the bonus? I assume it is no longer passive?

11. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

But I think you agree that that would be the case only if they work on the AI. I know it will never be where it should be for a die hard fan, in my opinion, but they should definitely offer more.

12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Legacy bonuses are no longer automatic. They are gained through buildings in Government District. Thus, America ability was changed.

Mr Jon of Cheam likes this.
  13. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

IIRC you get the legacy policy card when you build a government building relative to that tie of government. The card have the exactly same bonus the government have instead of an added percentage of something. Basically you can keep using that government bonus after you change government if you want but that take an policy slot.

Mr Jon of Cheam likes this.
  14. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

There's also Billy Bishop as well.

Two airports in Ontario are named after him.

Thormodr likes this.
  15. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

So. About the new firaxis livestream tomorrow. What information is unknown to us at this moment (besides 3 new nations) about the next expansion?
    What are you hoping to see in the next livestream?

16. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

has it been confirmed that there is one?

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'd like to hear about balance changes and changes to existing civs, but i think i'm out of luck in this regard

RohirrimElf likes this.
  18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Some later game stuff, hopefully: Third Tier Govt. buildings would be nice also what goes in the Water Park (hope they've changed the name too).
    We have yet to see Emergencies as well and also what a couple of the governors do.

RohirrimElf and h0nk0815 like this.
  19. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

Emergencies.

Kimiimaro and RohirrimElf like this.
  20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

• We still don't know what exactly each type of alliance will give, we only know scientific alliance. We also don't know if there's further changes to alliance, only that shared visibility will be restricted to one or more type of alliance;
    • We still didn't see emergencies, we only know how it works in theory. Would be nice to see how the AI react to an emergency, diplomacy role in it, what kind of bonus you get, more examples of actions that trigger an emergency. IMO it's the feature that can make or break this expansion's success, I would love to see it in action, mostly to observe AI behavior;
    • They didn't show all governors skill tree, if you guys could help get their attention in the chat, I want to ask them to open all governors tree for screenshot purpose;
    • They didn't show the new Casus Belli yet, we only know the name;
    • More loyalty action is welcome so we can see the extend of the impact the mechanic will have in the game. We also need to ask about the theoretical exploits we been discussing here (pillage free cities tiles. Flip a city, sell it then flip it again). Did they do something to prevent that?
    • We can always catch other changes that are more patch related.

Did I forget anything?