Resource icon

Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

If this means you volunteer to do so Stormy, certainly ;) Seriously now, I won't put another second in this mod. The job has been done, as imperfect as it is. If someone wants to update RFRE, go ahead nonetheless, these units certainly would be a fine addition!

oh Christophoooooros! where aaare you? :trouble: We definitely need to find him. *looks around* Nobody told him about the plan, right? :assimilate:

I think that we scared him off...

We'll probably have to wait another 20 pages before we find someone else brave enough to make another patch. :mischief: Seriously though, if it's just a case of adding some of Sandris' units in then I'll have a go sometime, I trawled through most while sorting Alexander out. Soon TM.

Soon is a trademark of Embryodead.

Question, has anyone ever seen the comp actually make the Cimbri/Tuetones/and the third one I forgot wonders? I went into the map and removed the resource requirements but they still didn't get made in my latest game.

- Increase to two the number of Praesidium Parthica in Persian cities that were never historically conquered.
Hmm, I was able to conquer (using my army of 14 ballistas and Legio Consularis) several Persian cities - Susa (1 presidium), Siraf (2), Ectabana (2), Rhagae (2) and Thara (2). Persians offered me Herat, Sarmias and Hamadan for a Peace Treaty. So I reduced their possesions very much.

I tried to attack Persepolis (the capital) but found that 3 presidua are too many, because I wasn not able to bombard them and finnish off with an army, before they got healed.
So, if you put 4 presidia, that should be fine. Maybe also increase their defense to 30 and HP to 30?

As a side effect, I observed that chronicle advances (like 150BC-100BC) are happening later than they should. Maybe this is because Persians lost so many cities? I suppose Rome has one of the building which acts as a Great Library (gives you the advances already known by 2 other civs), but because Persians lsot their research, this is not happening. Which civs should drive the research forward?

- Praedator Pictus’ movement increases to 4
Why so much?

Cheers

They want to increase the Pict movement so that the ones moving from the capital don't stop right outside of Hadrian's Wall waiting to be killed.

I just finished my first complete game with a few alterations of the hard map on consul. I turned down the spawn rate on Incursors and removed the Scythia-Germania alliance. Even with those changes I was barely able to compute some of the turns...anyway here are some pictures.

Spoiler Rome Peak :

Spoiler Saxons :

Spoiler Rome vs Germania :

Spoiler Damn Horde :

Rome's last days are numbered with 3 of those stacks heading south. Atleast the Byzantines will carry on for some time.

Spoiler Victory :

Funny story why Gaul stuck around so long. I had gone to war with them and taken their lower cities and made peace. A few techs later I tried to fight again but my computer kept freezing everytime I declared war on them. Yet the turns ran fine as long as I ignored them which presented some logistical problems of reaching Britannia before Picts showed up. Then when the Germans made their first invasion south I treated the Gauls as the Visigoths in the peace process by giving them the lands west of Massilia which is why they gained so much territory. I was able to reclaim some of the valuable cities before the end.

For my next playthrough I plan on trying something new of giving Incursors/Praedators hidden nationality so that war isn't required for Rome to lose ground. In addition I will rise the unit support cost because by the end I had 11k gold left even after some very liberal rushing of Stratiotes.

Those massive barbarian stacks are also what wiped me out :(

But you did a lot better than me, so congrats!:goodjob:

That's gotta motivate even the most cautious patcher... :yup:

Can someone explain sea trade routes to me? I have the Pharus built, I have plenty of ports, but it still tells me "X resouces are unconnected, and require a sea route." By what I can tell though, this only applies to Islands.

Only portus mercatorius do sea trading and they can't be built until Commerce. Some cities start out with them but have that chance of being destroyed when conquered.

Ahh, thanks. :]

Top Bottom