1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise and fall of the roman empire

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Drendor, Mar 20, 2006.

1. the_Monarch

the_Monarch annointed and crowned

As I can see it's the Dacian front, not the Persian that cause much unrest. Unfortunatelly these idiots will prevail at making the game ever slow to us all! Has the speed improved at all during the last stages?

2. captain beaver

captain beaver Civ 3 addict

Personally, I have only done 1 turn now and the speed hasn't noticebly change, althought that could be because I don't remember the last time I played. And since the speed problems are caused by the falxmen which we have largely ignored, I don't beleive that it has changed a lot.
    The persian front doesn't remove much war weariness once I asked for peace, but I don't realy see the point of continuing the war there as we are taking corrupt cities and their units have gone so far as Tarsus and Antioche. I don't want to see the road network pillaged. Egypt is more valuable.
    Dacia will have to be conquered another time I'm afraid. But we have ennemies in Gallia to subdue and near the Rhine. We will need shortly to begin the limes network there so conquests in that direction are needed.
    I will continue the save tomorrow.

3. the_Monarch

This is incredibly historylike, you guys. Captain Beaver, I just remembered, you shouldn't update your 325 AD biq before we get to introduce the location resources and we finalize the discussion about the GR and PH terrain. I think you have an empire to run anyway :D.

4. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Hi follow senators,

Back once more from my travelling, with no plan for more of that in june. I will delay me taking back a role in the SG for the time being and rather focus in whipping myself in order to finish the massive update.

Very impressive achievements (and nice SS) - we will rule the world before Christ is born... Let me know when the game speed-up and what you did just before. I really need to find the culprits of the slowdown.

From MONARCH
    Since then, there have been many discussions about:
    -how to stimulate a withdrawal from Dacia, (through HN bomb units)
    -how to make the Eastern limes much easier to defend than the western one (I think this does the trick)
    -how to respect, where possible, the geographical accuracy of the map (more work is needed there, I'll have a new variant soon)
    -how to still stimulate the barbs to attack the limes and to somehow surprise the player. (tough one - probably will need testplay)

But, IMO, all these changes will take place after I give the new map to Pink for approval. Since I'm sure you should have a say before that, I'll give you the 275 BC hard map I've been working on in a day or two and we should both agree upon it before Pink returns. So how's that?

Monarch, will there be newer BIQs that the ones you sent me on 23rd?

From TRAIANUS
    Monarch. I actually asked Pink about doing some graphix for him before he went away last time. He politely declined due to the work load it implied but then said he would use some when he got back and saw my results.

I have to check your thread again. I had already downloaded about everything you did there a while ago. Great work. As for specific request, I won't make any, but certainly any building used ina duplicate manner would be gladly changed to soemthing else.

5. the_Monarch

Hi, PINK. Welcome back!! Good to see you. Yes, I guess there are going to be new biqs, minly with location info and a new Briton/Pictii city as Gringoesteban suggested.

I'd also like to send you some units, I'm working on chosing them in between modelling my graduation project :D. So I hope by tomorrow I'll send you both of them. I suggested Castor waited until all that is done so he won't have to work twice :D. Mostly the map is ok in those biq's done on the 23'rd.

About the SG, who's next if you won't take it? I'll have to delay a few days if I'm to keep my promise towards Pink.

6. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Please do :) I better have the latest BIQs before the weekend. Also, additional units sounds good but remember I still have War of the Mediterrenean installed (it is a nice mod, even though I have little time to play it :)!) so you can just mention which unit there you would like to see used in RFRE if they are the same.

7. captain beaver

:cry:
    You should told me before to wait before updating the 325AD start! I finished it about 3 days ago. Well, I guess I will have to do it again. :(

For the SG, I forgot that I had a camping trip during the last 3 days and consequently, I couldn't continue the game (I really tried to do so, but I simply couldn't find a plug in the forest :D ). However, I should have finished my turn by tomorow.

8. the_Monarch

Hold everything, Captain. All is not lost. The only changes I plan to do on the map are to add those resources that specify the place locations (e.g. Britannia and such). So you can update the rules on your biq, then you will have all the new units and resources and you could set them manually (I guess 66 resources are easier to put than the whole infrastructure :D).

Pink, I'll send the new biq in a couple of hours (I guess we're going to keep the "arid mountains" for flavor ;)) along with some units and suggestions. I'll be on sentry then, just yell if you need me. About the SG, the earliest I'll be able to try out my luck is on Saturday, so unless any of you want to jump in, I'll do it then. But be my guest if you have more spare time :lol:.

9. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Got the files. 12 MB. And the weekend is getting close... no more excuse to delay :p I will make sure I bring my dear advisor to a nice restaurant Friday evening, to buy some time before she complains over the weekend :lol:

10. captain beaver

After much waiting, here's the 32BC save. I played about 6 turns then I got tired of the wait IBT. There's nothing really to report. All of it is road building, army moving.

Minor problems : our slaves stacks are disorganized! we have here and there stakcs of 1 slaves building a mine for 75 turns.
    A german unit entered our territory this turn. I asked it to get the hell out, but germany declares war. So, I have reloaded, done the same actions and the next consul can decide to kick some @$$ if he wants to.
    The egyptians are sending unit in our territory every turn but they go away if you ask them. The army is ready at Gaza to begin their conquest.
    Parthia is sending units into our territory too, but for now, they go away if you ask them. We have a 189gpt surplus now, but that is at 30% research. A civil war is coming and the next tech will probably be researched at 40% budget, so don't build too many units. Personally, most cities now are building improvements to make more reasearch/culture/money.

Attached Files:

• 32BC.zip
      File size:
      472.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Gaias

Gaias Earthman

Well it seems much has been happening since my sojourn from the internet. Great job to all of the Consuls thus far. It would seem we are progressing very nicely on all fronts (except for the techs).

It would seem we are at a crossroads here. On one side, we can continue with the conquesto of Gallia and Aegytus. Though this might not be the best course of action as we are going to experience the civil wars of Ceasar and Pompey. The other side being just to continue 'romanizing' our conquered territories as captain_beaver suggested. In which I can spend time upgrading any Legios or other units that are left, and culitvating the land around Greece and Asia Minor.

I would choose the latter as it is the wisest course of action, yet I cannot stand the sight of Aegytus still alive. I regret not being able to finish off the pathetic retches when I had the chance. I would also start with the building of the limes on the Danube and Rhine, as this should be proceeded quickly as possible.

Any thoughts on this Senators?

One more thing. Should I waste my time building Servi Defecti? I woul like to proceed with its construction as it will add alittle flavor to our game (that and the fact it was my suggestion that made the final cut :lol:). Considering that it will obsolete in 14 turns with a net gain of 7 Eques (that unfortunately cost support). This could be useful, as we have much unrest to deal with in various provinces. I would like to have at least 5 Eques in the major areas of the Republic. Yet again it is not useful... but someone has to play the bad consul right? :p

12. captain beaver

I vote to destroy egypt as it will always be a torn in our side. I have massed the army on its borders to that end. When they are gone, it will leave us with a nice unique front with Persia. Gallia too should be dealt with, but since we lack cumbas to send the army to britain, it can wait a bit.
    Seeing how the Germans are aggressive (they declare war if you ask them to remove their units from our territory), watch them closely, as they could easily sneak attack.

13. the_Monarch

Welcome back, Consul Gaias. Yes, by all means do step in Caesar's footsteps just as Traianus did in his predecessor's. Subdue Egypt and Gallia and pave the way for the empire (for I scarcelly have the time for it :D). Yes, we need more eques for everincreasing pollution and less ballistae. I suggest disbanding most of them after we pacify all regions. We could always build more powerfull catapults afterwards ;).

Also as a major suggestion, try to keep the sci research to maximum AT ALL COSTS. We're way behind with research. I'll then takeover after you unless Pink wants his share ;). Good luck.

14. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Pink has his share, sweeting on the update. That's enough for one man! I will be back to the SG as soon as the update is out, for at last I have no travel duty ahead. Keep a piece of Cleopatra for me :blush:!

15. Gaias

Gaias Earthman

32BC
    -MOVED VARIOUS UNITS TO GALLIC, DACIAN, AND AEGYPTIAN BOARDERS.
    -HURRIED PRODUCTION OF UNITS/BUILDINGS
    -MICROMANAGED VARIOUS CITIES TO OPTIMISE GOLD AND RESEARCH.
    -CHANGED PRODUCTION IN VARIOUS CITIES ACCORDING TO NEED.

30BC
    --CAPUA = BIBLIOTHECA -> SERVI DEFECI
    -MEDIOLANUM = BIBLIOTHECA -> OPES
    -GENUA = TRIUMPHUS -> AMPHITHEATRUM
    -CAESARAUGUSTA = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -GAZA = PRAESIDIUM -> FABRICA
    -PERGAMUM = IMPERIUM POMPEIANUS -> TEMPLUM
    -AMIDA = PRAESIDIUM -> FABRICA
    -DORYLAEUM = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -LUTETIA = CASTRUM CELTICUS -> PRAESIDIUM
    -PANORMUS = CATASTA -> LATIFUNDIA
    -HURRIED PRODUCTION OF UNITS/BUILDINGS
    -VARIOUS UNITS IN PLACE TO ATTACK DACIA, GALLIA AND AEGYPTUS
    -MICROMANAGED CITES FOR HAPPINESS, GOLD, AND RESEARCH

28BC
    -TECH = TRIUMVIRATE -> DICTATOR
    -CIVIL WAR BEGINS
    -UTICA = TEMPLUM -> LATIFUNDIA
    -NICOMEDIA = TEMPLUM -> CATASTA
    -VAN = DELUMBRUM ->FABRICA
    -EPHESUS = TRIUMPHUS -> DELUBRUM
    -EDESSA = PRAESISDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -PERSI CONTINOUSLY TRESSPASSES INTO OUR BOARDERS
    -WAR WITH AEGYPUS HAS BEGONE
    -4 VELITES DEFEATS 3 PRAESIDIUM(AEGYPTUS) LOST 1 VELITES AT PELUSIUM
    -1 QUINQUEREMIS SUMMA DEFEATS 1 QUINQUEREMIS SUMMA(AEGYPTUS) AT PELUSIUM
    -UPGRADED VARIOUS UNITS FOR WARTIME EFFORTS
    -CHANGED PRODUCTION IN ROME TO OPTIMIZE BUILIDING OF DICTATOR PERPETUUS
    -MOVED VARIOUS UNITS TO GALLIA AND DACIA BOARDERS

26BC
    -TARENTUM = IMP. EXTRAORD. POMPEIANUS -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -NICAEA = THEATRUM -> TEMPLUM
    -SIDE = FABRICA -> TEMPLUM
    -ANCYRA = PRAESIDIUM -> FABRICA
    -SALAMIS = FABRICA -> TEMPLUM
    -8 BALLISTA DEFEATS 1 PRAESIDIUM(AEGYPTUS) DEFEATED AT PELUSIUM
    -2 LEGIO ARMY 1 EQUES NUMIDICUS DEFEATS 1 HOPILITAI 1 LEGIO ANTONII 3 PRAESIDIUM(AEGYPTUS) AT PELUSIUM
    -PELUSIUM CAPTURED, LIBERATED 12 GOLD
    -6 BALLISTA BOMBARD PETRA, MOENIA DESTROYED
    -2 LEGIO ARMY 2 LEGIO MARIUS DEFEATS 1 LEGIO ANTONII 2 PEDITES 2 HOPILITAI(AEGYPTUS AT PETRA
    -PETRA CAPTURED, LIBERATED 4 GOLD
    -1 LEGIO 2 VELITES DEFEATS 2 CAMELUS(AEGYPTUS) AT JERUSALEM
    -2 QUINQUEREMIS 1 TRIREMSI DEFEATS 2 QUINQUEREMIS SUMMA 1 CUMBA(AEGYPTUS) AT GAZA
    -UPGRADED VARIOUS UNITS FOR WARTIME EFFORTS
    -CHANGED PRODUCTION TO MEET CERTAIN NEEDS OF CITIES

24BC
    -UTICA = DOMUS DISCENDI -> LATIFUNDIA
    -RAVENNA = TRIUMPHUS -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -SIRMIUM = DELUBRUM -> PRAESIDIUM
    -WAR WITH GALLIA HAS BEGUN
    -WAR WITH DACIA HAS BEGUN
    -7 BALLISTA 10 VELITES DEFEATES 3 BELLATOR 3 TRIBUS BARBARUS(DACIA) AT SARMIZEGETUSA
    -3 LEGIO 1 LEGIO MARIUS DEFEATS 1 HOPILITAI 2 LEGIO ANTONII 1 PEDITES(AEGYPTUS) AT MEMPHIS
    -1 QUINQUEREMIS SUMMA DEFEATS 1 QUINQUEREMIS SUMMA(AEGYPTUS) AT SALAMIS
    -1 VELITES DEFEATS 1 EQUES(GALLIA) AT ROTOMAGUS

22BC
    -SYRACUSAE = CUMBA -> LATIFUNDIA
    -HISPALIS = TRUMPHUS -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -TOLETUM = DOMUS DISCENDI -> PRAESIDIUM
    -ASTURIA AUGUSTA = FABRICA -> DELUBRUM
    -PALMYRA = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -ANTIOCHIA = DOMUS DISCENDI -> FABRICA
    -APOLLONIA = MERCATUS -> TEMPLUM
    -DOCLEA = THEATRUM -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -OESCUS = DELUBRUM -> FABRICA
    -BURDIGALA = TRIUMPHUS -> CATASTA
    -2 BALLISTA 2 FUNDITOR 2 LEGIO 5 LEGIO MARIUS 6 VELITES 1 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS DEFEATS 3 TRIBUS BARBARUS 6 BELLATOR 1 EQUES(GALLIA) AT ROTOMAGUS
    -ROTOMAGUS CAPTURED, LIBERATED 0 GOLD
    -3 FUNDITOR 6 LEGIO MARIUS 1 LEGIO ARMY 7 VELITES DEFEATS 8 TRIBUS BARBARUS 1 EQUES 1 BELLATOR(DACIA) AT SARMIZEGETUSA
    -MICROMANAGED CITIES FOR HAPPINESS

20BC
    -NEAPOLIS = BIBLIOTHECA -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -MEDIOLANUM = CUSTODIA URBIS -> VELITES
    -THAPSACUS = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -LUTETIA = IMPERIUM CAESARIS -> PRAESIDIUM
    -TIBISCUM = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -8 BALLISTA 3 FUNDITOR 3 LEGIO ARMY 1 LEGIO 3 LEGIO MARIUS DEFEATS 4 PRAESIDIUM 2 HOPILITAI 3 PEDITES 5 EQUITATUS(AEGYPTUS) AT MEMPHIS
    -MEMPHIS CAPTURED, LIBERATED 28 GOLD
    -5 BALLISTA 5 VELITES DEFEATS 2 FALXMEN 1 BELLATOR(DACIA) AT DUROSTORUM
    -1 BALLISTA 2 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS 2 EQUES NUMIDICUS 3 LEGIO MARIUS DEFEATS 3 PRAEDISIUM 1 TRIBUS BARBARUS MAGNUS 1 BELLATOR 2 EQUES(GALLIA AT DUROSTORUM
    -DUROSTROUM CAPTURED, LIBERATED 10 GOLD
    -2 FUNDITOR 1 BALLISTA 3 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS 1 MILES ALARIUS CELTICUS DEFEATS 1 EQUES 2 TRIBUS BARBARUS MAGNUS(GALLIA) AT ARGENTORATUM
    -ARGENTORATUM CAPTURED, LIBERATED 0 GOLD
    -2 BALLISTA 7 VELITES 5 LEGIO MARIUS 1 LEGIO DEFEATED 1 EQUES 3 TRIBUS BARBARUS 2 TRIBUS BARBARUS MAGNUS 2 BELLATOR(DACIA) AT SARMIZEGETUSA
    -SARMIZEGETUSA CAPTURED, LIBERATED 5 GOLD
    -MICROMANAGED CITIES FOR HAPPINESS

18BC
    -ERETRIA = AQUAEDUCTUS -> TEMPLUM
    -LARISSA = THEATRUM -> CATASTA
    -DIOSCURIAS = PORTUS -> FABRICA
    -SARDIS = FABRICA -> DELUBRUM
    -2 LEGIO MARIUS 1 VELITES DEFEATS 1 TRIBUS BARABARUS 1 EQUES(DACIA) AT DUROSTORUM
    1 EQUES NUMIDICUS 5 VELITES DEFEATS 2 EQUITATUS 2 LEGIO ANTONII 3 HOPILITAI 2 PEDITES(AEGYPTUS) AT MEMPHIS
    -MICROMANAGED VARIOUS CITIES FOR HAPPINESS

16BC
    -CAPUA = CUSTODIA URBIS -> AMPHITEATRUM
    -PHILIPPI = TRIUMPHUS -> TEMPLUM
    -TOLOSA = DOMUS DISCENDI -> TEMPLUM
    -CROTON = TRIUMPHUS -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -OLBIA = TRIUMPHUS -> DOMUS DISCENDI
    -GOVERNMENT IS NOW TRIUMVIRATE REPUBLIC
    -5 BALLISTA 3 LEGIO MARIUS 1 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS DEFEATS 1 TRIBUS BARBARUS MAGNUS 2 TRIBUS BARBARUS 1 BELLATOR(DACIA) AT TOMIS
    -TOMIS CAPTURED, LIBERATED 5 GOLD
    -DACIA AGREES TO A PEACE TREATY
    -2 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS DEFEATS 2 EQUES(GALLIA) AT ARGENTORATUM
    -1 EQUES NUMIDICUS 1 LEGIO 1 VELITES DEFEATS 1 PEDITES 2 LEGIO ANTONII 1 EQUES(AEGYPTUS) AT MEMPHIS

14BC
    -CARTHAGO = AMPHITHEATRUM -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -MEDIOLANUM = VELITES -> LEGIO MARIUS
    -TRIMONTIUM = TEMPLUM -> LATIFUNDIA
    -TRAPEZUS = DOMUS DISCENDI -> FABRICA
    -LUGDUNUM = BIBLIOTHECA -> CUSTODIS URBIS
    -GERGOVIA = FABRICA -> TEMPLUM
    -JERUSALEM = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -4 LEGIO ARMY 8 BALLISTA 3 FUNDITORS DEFEATS 5 PEDITES 1 PRAESIDIUM MAGNUS(AEGYPTUS) AT ALEXANDRIA
    -3 LEGIO 2 BALLISTA 2 FUNDITOR DEFEATS 3 TRIBUS BARBARUS MAGNUS(GALLIA) AT GESORIACUM
    -GESORIACUM CAPTURED, LIBERATED 0 GOLD

12BC
    -EDETANORUM = BIBLIOTHECA -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -ATHENAE = TRIUMPHUS -> TEMPLUM
    -PERGAMUM = CATASTA -> TEMPLUM
    -DOCLEA = CUSTODIA URBIS -> DOMUS DISCENDI
    -NAISSUS = DELUBRUM -> FABRICA
    -AMBRACIA = THEATRUM -> CUSTODIA URBIS
    -SAGUNTUM = DOMUS DISCENDI -> TEMPLUM
    -8 BALLISTA 3 FUNDITORS 4 LEGIO ARMY 1 LEGIO DEFEATS 5 PEDITES 1 PRAESIDIUM MAGNUS 1 HOPILITAI 1 LEGIO ANTONII(AEGYPTUS) AT ALEXANDRIA
    -1 VELITES 1 EQUES NUMIDICUS DEFEATS 1 HOPILITAI 1 PEDITES(AEGYPTUS) AT OXYRHYNCHUS

10BC
    -ASTURIA AUGUSTA = DELUBRUM -> CATASTA
    -TIGRANOCERTA = DELUBRUM -> FABRICA
    -EPHESUS = DELUBRUM -> PORTUS
    -LUTETIA = PRAESIDIUM -> DELUBRUM
    -2 EQUES NUMIDICUS 2 VELITES 1 LEGIO MARIUS DEFEATS 1 PEDITES 1 HOPILITAI 4 PRAESIDIUM(AEGYPTUS) AT OXYRHYNCHUS
    -OXYRHYNCHUS CAPTURED, LIBERATED 2 GOLD
    -3 FUNDITORS 1 LEGIO ARMY DEFEATS 1 CLEOPATRA(AEGYPTUS) AT ALEXANDRIA
    -ALEXANDRIA CAPTURED, LIBERATED 2 GOLD
    -5 MILES ALARIUS CELTICUS 4 EQUES ALARIUS CELTICUS DEFEATS 6 TRIBUS BARBARUS(GALLIA) AT AUGUSTA TREVERORUM
    -AUGUSTA TREVERORUM CAPTURED, LIBERATED 2 GOLD
    -GALLIA AGREES TO A PEACE TREATY

Gah! This game takes way to long on my old computer! For you see my newer computer completely died on me and I had to take it into the dealer (thank goodness for warrenty) The problem is the idiots usually take 2 to 3 weeks to repair what is wrong (i had a few HD malfunctions). So I am stuck with my old P4 1.7 Ghz 256 meg ram P.O.S. To say the least it took a better part of a day to finish my 10 turns!

Well the conquest of Dacia was almost successful. I say almost because so how they mananged to grab the Gothian city of Roxolani. The problem being ofcourse it is unattainable by Rome because of the mountains and ancestral forest surrounding it. You might want to look into this Pink, just in case.

Darn. :( I wish I had read the forum earlier, for you can see their is nothing left of Cleopatra. I couldn't resist her charms and she couldn't resist my sword in her stomach! :p

I screwed up with the Imperium Ceasaris wonder. I had forgot about it for 2 turns after I received the tech. So in my haste to get it built I decided to build it in Lutetia. I believe that the army unit will spawn in about 4 turns, but I am not sure on that. I have left the Dictator Perpetuus in Rome to be built in 6 turns. I did this to allow at least one Ceasar army unit to be built, but the wonder can be finised at anytime as it needs very few shields to finish.

Persia is now threatening our boarders once again. Through out most of my turn they have been moving 30 to 40 Sagittarius close to Dura Europos. Yet evertime I demanded they remove their units from our boarders, the did not declare war once. I have left a sizeable number of Legio Marius units in Dura Europos to deal with the Persian threat.

As you can see from my SS, I have research to 0% and 10% to luxury. I did this because we didn't have enough accumulated treasury to deal with a research that would have put a dent into the tech Dictator. It was my decision to gather as much money as I could unit the Dictator Perpetuus was finished. It was my idea to use this money to upgrade any Legio that were left over and any other unit that needed it.

I think now that we are getting to Augustian times we should increase the amount of playable turns. What do you say? 15 turns? 20?

Well it would seem you are going to be the first dictator for life Monarchus. Goodluck and happy conquering!
    View attachment Dictator Gaius, 10 BC.zip

16. the_Monarch

All hail Gaius Caesar! WOW!! That was speedy. Thnx for the honour. Geuss Brutus had his knife stuck in you before you reached Dictator perpetuus. Monarchus the Elder has already been the first dictator for life :D. I'll settle for beeing the first emperor then :blush: after I finish the Brutii once and for all.

Seems the only way to go is Germany and Persia. Damn Dacians. It seems there's been a damn cultureflip again. It's true there where the free Dacians that never came under Roman rule so this is quite historical (unfortunatelly for the speed of the game and for the poor Goths).

Tell you what: I'll give Roxolanii back to the Goths (via c3multitools) to see if the gamespeed improves without the Dacians but let it Dacian if it doesn't.

17. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

I took note - the new Roxolani have amazing defenses, so no risk the Dacian will take it over fom the Goths militarily. Culturally, it has now 10 culture points per turn, which might actually be too much.

Why you! You...! Monster! :cry:

So, even with more than half the world Roman, we still have a very slow game. I wish we could identify what make it some painfully so before I release update 1.2 :(

P.S. Great SS Gaias, thanks!

18. the_Monarch

All right, folks. I've played a few turns and the timer is at 30 minutes IBT for me. I'm viciously trying to kill off all remaining civs to alleviate that :lol:. Seems the Dacians take very few seconds to move.

Other than that I can say the whole of Africa is ours and we're currently researching commerce at top speed. We have just started war with both Persia and Germania but we have great confidence in our new emperor.

19. the_Monarch

Finally, the gamespeed has improved after beating the Germans and Persians into submission and eliminating the wretched Egyptians. It's been swell and the last 5 turns have been marked by peace and building infrasstructure.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Letter from Monarchus Augustus Princeps Senatuii Pontifex Maximus Dictator Perpetuus Primus Imperator Romae to his son,

Know that we have decreed Pax Romana upon the realm of the new Roman Empire that stretches from Mesopotamia to Gallia and from the pillars of Hercules to the Great Rivers of Rhine and Danube. We have beaten the treacherous Brutii into submission, executed the coward Antonius, established our divine person as emperor and did battle with Parthia and Germania.

Your task now lies in securing these gigantic borders and even teach those Barbarian Gauls and Britons a lesson. It's your choice, my son as you are now a divine emperor yourself. The Scythians have invaded but they are not willing to attack the mighty empire upfront so perhaps if you ask them to leave we can persuade them to leave their bones in Dacia. The Parthians are a client state of Rome and only our imperial benevolence has allowed them to hold on to Mesopotamia and rejected their offer to open the gates of Hamadan to us as a tribute for peace.

The Germanics were and still are a proud folk. This pride is their undoing as you are sure to make them declare war on us if you ask them to leave across the Rhine. In short, rule with the best interest of the empire at heart and fear nothing for never has our army been so strong. The recent advances in commerce will prove more than a bounty for the treasury, We have organized a Praetorian Guard for ourselves and even ponder decreeing a law to maximize childbirth. It is up to you, young Augustus to carry on the legacy of the Julii.

P.S. Gaius, please know that I immediatelly completed the Dictator Perpetuus in Roma in the first turn so as not to slow research when I've discovered that we hadn't had a single Caesar army :cry:. So instead of playing 7 turns again I decided to correct both your and my mistake with a simple intrusion from the gods (I spawned a Legio Caesaris with the savegame editor :devil:).

Attached Files:

20. Traianus

Traianus Why is it dark in here?

An imperial show, nothing less! Rome demands excellence... and it appears excellence is August!