Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by triang1e, Feb 7, 2018.
Does anyone know when Rise and Fall will be released for Mac? Is it being worked on?
Just this snippet from this article dated 1-11-2018: "Next, we’re working with 2K to launch the Rise & Fall Expansion content by late Q1/ early Q2 2018."
In other words, might as well start another game of 'vanilla' Civ VI, because it's going to be at least another month before we see a Mac version of R&F...
And even longer until we see R&F for iPad. :-(
Uggg have an option to just download it to my windows laptop (civ 6 causes massive heat problems), but prefer the game on Mac. Why is it Mac users always have to suffer? hah
This is not good enough. Now is the time to at least give a release date for R&F to Mac.
Should I splice my Mac with bootcamp or wait it out for this Game!!!
I hate how Mac users get the shaft with Civ...
Waiting is always tough, and it would help if Aspyr would give estimates.. even if they were conservative estimates and games turned out to release sooner than estimated. But I can say from experience over the years, I hate partitioning my Mac and using boot camp. I’ve learned that waiting for Mac releases of Civ games and updates is worth it.
Besides, if you buy the expansion the moment it is out on PC (to use with Bootcamp), you are effectively disincentivising Firaxis from caring about Mac users - because they already got your money. If enough Mac users withheld the purchase until the Mac OS version is out, Firaxis may start to care to provide us with a faster/simultaneous release on Mac.
I think steam registers if you bought it from Mac, Linux or PC clients. It doesn't matter when you do so. If you buy it via BootCamp though...
Still, if you buy it now (even through a Mac client), that means they get the money now - as opposed to how-many-months it now takes Aspyr to release the Mac version.
I think the one encouraging thing is that Aspyr is no longer making PC/Mac file compatibility a top priority. That is what slowed down the Fall Patch/DLC to months rather than the previous 4-6 weeks. I am really hoping for next week. However, there is a serious bug in the way R&F loads DLCs and Mods. Aspyr might what until the first patch is out so that the first release of the Mac version will not be so buggy.
Let there be BUGS! (if it means we get R&F this week...)
Great point about not buying it... I instantly bought R&F, should have hurt their release sales by waiting until they decide to come around to Mac.
I wonder why Aspyr doesn’t give estimates or at least their intentions? I’d love to know what they’re working on and their intentions regarding Mac and iPad releases and updates? I’m going to buy everything they come out with, but I’d love to be able to anticipate when, or at least which order I can expect them.
No update since 2/8:
Communication isn't good. At least you can see in the steamdb that they are working on it all the time.
Guess like we still have to wait a little bit longer :/
will we get R&F with the new patch or do we have to wait for the patch even longer? I really hope we'll see it released with the patch already.
Pass me that J you are smoking if you think we will get both R&F and the latest patch anytime soon. I would guess that with the latest update, Aspyr will want to release R&F with that instead of with the last Windows update, which will delay R&F for us Mac people even longer.
Just my opinion of course; still, I would put money on that.
There’s always Bootcamp. Works well for playing Civ R&F, although everything else about running Windows is pure trash.
Separate names with a comma.