1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall on Mac?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by triang1e, Feb 7, 2018.

1. triang1e

triang1e Chieftain

Does anyone know when Rise and Fall will be released for Mac? Is it being worked on?

2. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain

3. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Chieftain

In other words, might as well start another game of 'vanilla' Civ VI, because it's going to be at least another month before we see a Mac version of R&F...

jpinoniemi likes this.
  4. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

And even longer until we see R&F for iPad. :-(

5. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain

6. Cacimbinhas

Cacimbinhas Chieftain

Uggg have an option to just download it to my windows laptop (civ 6 causes massive heat problems), but prefer the game on Mac. Why is it Mac users always have to suffer? hah

7. STMO

STMO Chieftain

This is not good enough. Now is the time to at least give a release date for R&F to Mac.

8. StoneBuffalo

StoneBuffalo Chieftain

Should I splice my Mac with bootcamp or wait it out for this Game!!!
    I hate how Mac users get the shaft with Civ...

9. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

Waiting is always tough, and it would help if Aspyr would give estimates.. even if they were conservative estimates and games turned out to release sooner than estimated. But I can say from experience over the years, I hate partitioning my Mac and using boot camp. I’ve learned that waiting for Mac releases of Civ games and updates is worth it.

jpinoniemi likes this.
  10. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Besides, if you buy the expansion the moment it is out on PC (to use with Bootcamp), you are effectively disincentivising Firaxis from caring about Mac users - because they already got your money. If enough Mac users withheld the purchase until the Mac OS version is out, Firaxis may start to care to provide us with a faster/simultaneous release on Mac.

StoneBuffalo likes this.
  11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I think steam registers if you bought it from Mac, Linux or PC clients. It doesn't matter when you do so. If you buy it via BootCamp though...

12. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Still, if you buy it now (even through a Mac client), that means they get the money now - as opposed to how-many-months it now takes Aspyr to release the Mac version.

13. PKLarson

PKLarson Chieftain

I think the one encouraging thing is that Aspyr is no longer making PC/Mac file compatibility a top priority. That is what slowed down the Fall Patch/DLC to months rather than the previous 4-6 weeks. I am really hoping for next week. However, there is a serious bug in the way R&F loads DLCs and Mods. Aspyr might what until the first patch is out so that the first release of the Mac version will not be so buggy.

Siptah likes this.
  14. StoneBuffalo

StoneBuffalo Chieftain

Let there be BUGS! (if it means we get R&F this week...)
    Great point about not buying it... I instantly bought R&F, should have hurt their release sales by waiting until they decide to come around to Mac.

15. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

I wonder why Aspyr doesn’t give estimates or at least their intentions? I’d love to know what they’re working on and their intentions regarding Mac and iPad releases and updates? I’m going to buy everything they come out with, but I’d love to be able to anticipate when, or at least which order I can expect them.

16. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain

17. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

18. robbiepin

robbiepin Chieftain

19. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

will we get R&F with the new patch or do we have to wait for the patch even longer? I really hope we'll see it released with the patch already.

20. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

Pass me that J you are smoking if you think we will get both R&F and the latest patch anytime soon. I would guess that with the latest update, Aspyr will want to release R&F with that instead of with the last Windows update, which will delay R&F for us Mac people even longer.

Just my opinion of course; still, I would put money on that.

There’s always Bootcamp. Works well for playing Civ R&F, although everything else about running Windows is pure trash.