[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet (sorry if it has), but the three cities in this shot don't use the same architecture (and by that I mean the small straddling buildings around the city center and districts). You need to look really close to see what I'm talking about.

The southern city has an abundance of red/brown/green-tone style of houses and apartment blocks, while the northeastern city has a small supply of colourful apartments (seen next to the harbour), which can't be found in the southern city, and vice versa. Also worth noting is that the third city, the north-central one, has a mixture of BOTH styles (the "southern" style is hidden behind the entertainment district, and the "northeastern" style is next to the the new purple district). Neither style is currently found in-game, and they both clash considerably so they can't possibly be part of the same architecture group. Could this be related to the loyalty system? Can cities flip cultures when they've been influenced by nearby civs? If so then I'm 100% down for this expansion pack.
That would be really cool. I liked how citizens had different nationalities in Civ iii, but you no longer get to see a lineup of the city's inhabitants in the city screen like in those earlier versions; this would be a very appropriate variation on that idea. But I'm not going to count on it.

This list leaves no room for a possible Korean wonder like the Hwangnyongsa (a nine storey wooden pagoda) or the Cheomseongdae (an observatory), both iconic structures built during Seondeok's reign.

It is a pity, I was a bit hopeful that Korea could get a wonder of it this time. Definitely, Korea deserves a wonder.

Last edited:
Thinking about governors, I'm now favoring the caravanserai being a tied to a trade governor.

However, am I right in my observation that every screenshot has 1 natural wonder and 2 world wonders in it? I also see a new resource in 2 screenshots, but no new resource in the desert screenshot.

Hello fellow civ players. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I had to create an account just to point something everyone seems to be missing:

On the desert screenshot there is a new resource on the coast: turtles! It's north of commercial hub, with fishing boats on it. You can see a turtle at the end of the towing cable (?) of the boat. The shadow on the bottom of the sea makes it clear.

Hello fellow civ players. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I had to create an account just to point something everyone seems to be missing:

On the desert screenshot there is a new resource on the coast: turtles! It's north of commercial hub, with fishing boats on it. You can see a turtle at the end of the towing cable (?) of the boat. The shadow on the bottom of the sea makes it clear.

I see something resembling a turtle, but it's too small to make out.

Different set of trees?
SmartSelectImage_2017-12-03-11-38-54.png

Good catch! (har har) That's definitely a shadow of a sea turtle. And I think this explains the grayish-green circle shapes I mentioned earlier.

I dunno if this has been covered, but yes, putting on my plant ID culottes, the palm resource definitely looks like it's supposed to feature medjool date palms, given the 'silver' fronds. The tapered trunk shape resembles the African oil palm more, but their leafage is pretty distinctly on the yellow sign of green. I also don't have any knowledge of those being related to any kind of luxury, and they don't seem like an obvious choice for a bonus resource, when there are at least dozens of juicy and colorful fruits to choose from.

So 2 of the 3 new resources are amber and dates. I bet the third one is in these pictures as well, we just havent found it.

edit: Ok so the third one might be sea turtles.

Last edited:
Has the mosque in the lower right of the desert screenshot been identified? I know it, but I'm going to have to do some research to remember the name in order to compensate for what must be early-onset dementia.

Has the mosque in the lower right of the desert screenshot been identified? I know it, but I'm going to have to do some research to remember the name in order to compensate for what must be early-onset dementia.
No, and I think it is very unlikely to be a mosque. The entry building from land fits a Persian or Central Asian mosque, but the rest doesn‘t.
Would be happy if I‘m wrong though.

We don't know what it is. We largely suspect it to be a Feitoria.

People speculate it's a Portuguese Feitoria.
EDIT: beaten by Kimiimaro :p

I dont think it's a mosque. There is no minaret.

Top Bottom