[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

Is anyone hoping for Unique Palace styles for Spain, England, Germany, Norway, France, instead of using that generic pan-European one?
Doesn't Spain use the Mediterranean style with Greece, Rome, Macedon? But yes to the question.

We saw new palace architecture for Canada/Russia.

Well Canada is still unconfirmed :D. And why would Canada and Russia share the same palace style? Because they are giant cold northern countries? :p

Is anyone hoping for Unique Palace styles for Spain, England, Germany, Norway, France, instead of using that generic pan-European one?
Yes, definitely, and I hope the same with the smaller buildings as well. As a Norwegian I can tell you that I've never seen any older buildings here that look anything like the pan-European style. To me, they look more German/Swiss than anything.
The palace also looks nothing like any buildings I've seen in the two major cities here I've been to, Oslo and Bergen, and it makes even less sense due to the Norway represented in the game being more that of the Viking Era Norway.

Well Canada is still unconfirmed :D. And why would Canada and Russia share the same palace style? Because they are giant cold northern countries? :p
Regardless, it's absurd for Toronto's palace architecture to resemble the US Capitol when none of Toronto's important government buildings, being Ontario's capital, resemble that at all.

I am not only hoping but I am pretty sure that is the way they are going. We have seen many indications that they are polishing the game to make it more rich and give a sense of uniqueness to each civ. Those little details are one of the reasons why I and many here enjoy the game.

It would be cool I guess, but I can't say it's high on my internal priority list. But people will like it, though, so good for you guys.

Doesn't Spain use the Mediterranean style with Greece, Rome, Macedon? But yes to the question.

This is a pretty old picture I took. They might have changed it since then. But Madrid has the pan-European style palace.
Madrid classical era.jpg

This is a pretty old picture I took. They might have changed it since then. But Madrid has the pan-European style palace.
View attachment 482741
Not sure how I take a picture but I checked my saved Spain game and it's not that style, but Mediterranean.

Not sure how I take a picture but I checked my saved Spain game and it's not that style, but Mediterranean.

They probably changed it since I took that old photo in 2016. But I think the Greco-Roman style palace doesn't fit Spain either. :p

Isn't that the other Governor improvement, The Park?

Yes, that's the park. I was making a joke about it being a wonder, because some people speculated it was one.

Yes, that's the park. I was making a joke about it being a wonder, because some people speculated it was one.

I just love how the devs rubbed our nose and showed off the Moseque Wonder (I know we know what it is) agfain it's like "REMEMBER THIS!?"

I just wish conquering a city would keep all unique district, building , improvement and art style in tact . But then again that might make Kongo OP
I am not only hoping but I am pretty sure that is the way they are going. We have seen many indications that they are polishing the game to make it more rich and give a sense of uniqueness to each civ. Those little details are one of the reasons why I and many here enjoy the game.

I hope they discuss the government plaza during the livestream tomorrow. I'm very intrigued by it. The new game mechanics are more exciting to me than civs, yet they've released so little info on them.

Me too. I wonder if the government buildings simply unlock unique policy cards not available through the civics tree or if the buildings add an extra slot with the new policy card automatically locked in them? The former would seem kinda weak since you would still have to replace an existing card with the new card to take advantage of the new policy. The latter would be really good since it would mean getting an extra policy for free. I hope it is the latter.

They probably changed it since I took that old photo in 2016. But I think the Greco-Roman style palace doesn't fit Spain either. :p

Depending in if you look at South, East or North spain, you need either a Middle Eastern look, a Mediterranean look, or a European look... (actually, a mix of all three with an higher portion of one) :p. I was born in SE Spain, therefore I prefer them to use the same assets than Rome(Italy) or Greece, but this may not be the same point of view for someone from the Norther part of the country, which may feel closer to France.

Indeed, if I had to push an specific look for Spain, Herrerian might be the best choice. Mix of simple-lines buildings alternating brick red, brown stone and white lime, with black-orange-yellow roftops (red brick always with black), in the shape used for mediterranean houses. Red brick/dark roof for the palace, with two peaked roof towers on the sides, and white details and door decorations. I think this one would make a good model - altough not a "royal" palace, i think it is a representative example of the "government" architecture on Spain's peak.

Question: if the Roman numerals on the turn button equal which era you are in, how come this one points to era VI (6) when the civ is technologically in the Classical era?

CIV.jpg

I was thinking that showed the duration of an age, Golden normal or dark. I don’t know.

I think that is what the 20/26 below the button is for. You are 20 turns in and the age lasts 26. So you have 6 turns left before the end of that age. I would say the roman numerals are the age you are currently in but the screenshot was made in an editor which is why it does not match.

Top Bottom