1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm Expansions + Hotseat Announced for Switch Version!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by AtlantisAuthor, Jul 26, 2019.

1. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

As other posts have stated, Nintendo Life ran an article today featuring an interview with one of Aspyr's devs and announcing the following:

"While online multiplayer in the Switch release seemingly won't be happening, Nintendo players can still look forward to the Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm expansions coming to this version of the game later this year. A hotseat mode will also be added in the future, allowing players to take turns on a single system."

If true (I'll still believe it when I see it), this announcement checks off both of my most wanted requests for the Switch version. It also has (at least for the time being) rescued my copy from an impending trade-in at GameStop. I don't know if Boccages still lurks around here, but for his sake as well as others who'd no doubt given up on the Switch version, I really wish this announcement had come sooner. As we've discussed here before, communication is the lifeblood of a community, and when a publisher doesn't do so with their fan base for months on end, it dries up.

For what it's worth, the Switch version can be found at a discount on the eShop right now and no doubt well below its original asking price at multiple retail outlets.

Here's a link to the article for anyone interested:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...tiplayer_wasnt_included_in_the_switch_version

King Tyranny likes this.
  2. Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u Chieftain

I’m really hoping they follow through with the hot seat mode

AtlantisAuthor likes this.
  3. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

Yeah I lurk here still just to see if Aspyr will ever add the expansions. I wouldn’t ever sell my copy because the game itself is very fun but, when you see what the expansions bring to the table it’s hard to enjoy the base game. I heard this announcement awhile back and I’m glad there’s still other people that stuck around like I did. Let’s just hope these expansions come out sooner rather than later.

4. Myvo

Myvo Chieftain

I play mainly on iOS now, even though I bought the Switch version first. Having R&F is a big advantage on iOS and the stability on iOS is nowadays equivalent to that on Switch.

Also, my phone is just lying around at grab-range more often than the Switch.

5. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

It sounds like they will have RF and GS each by themselves without requiring the vanilla version.

6. Myvo

Myvo Chieftain

In saw an ad saying Civ6 will become available on XboxOne and PS4 and that R&F and GS will be available as separate DLC packs. The ad also contained s picture of the Switch version.

I believe all this (including the Switch DLC for R&F and GS) will become available on November 22th, but I think you’re going is to need the original Cic6 game to play the DLC.

7. Repete

Repete Chieftain

I concur with Myvo. The base Civ 6 game will most certainly be required, and the R&F and GS bundle will be sold as a DLC to it. The base game has been on sale multiple times on the eShop, and for as little as $20 at Best Buy recently, but I don't know if the two available DLCs have ever been on sale. Hopefully this newly announced bundle will be discounted sometime early next year.