Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Wolfes

Wolfes Chieftain

Missing graphics for the hog pen and the bearpen and the gorilla cage when you see a city on the map.
    And also the grand menagarie.
    It ´s only a pink square.

2. Red Boxer

Red Boxer Prince

Sometime when you explore a dungeon/keep/small stone you'll get a 'powerful enemy...' message, but nothing appears. This causes a crash.

Also, I just had Alcinus resurrect as a Dural. I'm pretty sure this isn't WAD, but him being insane, I don't really know. :D

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Alcinus respawns for a random civilization when killed, he's just more likely to spawn for the Scions.

4. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Arggh!, the stupd Amurites cast Arcane Lacuna at the start of any game. The only thing they get is that they miss a good oportunity late game...

I do have a feeling that you do not check savegames, don't you?

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yeah, we need to fix their pyreq. It currently just checks for manas worldwide, not that they own, so the Wild Mana game options cause them to cast it immediately.

And generally I do, but I am unable to load them atm and would prefer to hurry up and finish 1.31 then reinstall a copy of 1.30 in order to load it atm.

6. jimmythes

jimmythes Chieftain

Sheaim fireball can damage magic immune units ala Archeron

7. Dukko

Dukko Chieftain

Just to let you know, actually it is Less Dangerous Animals module which causes, in my games, the 101 CTD. :D

8. stupidnewbie

stupidnewbie Warlord

Lord D'tesh is a world unit. World units do not gain civ-specific racial promotions. Therefore, Lord D'tesh does not gain the undead promotion when created.

Moreover, if he defects to the barbarians while passing through haunted lands and you're forced to kill him, he'll drop his orbis orb of death affinity, but there's no ability to pick it up.

9. admtanaka

admtanaka Warlord

I don't think this is working as intended...

(look at the top)

10. Myre

Myre Chieftain

well i installed a few mod and it seems to have fixed my graphic problem but now im crash on turn 5 - 10 when i meet a civ i get a error message bad memory allocation .....

one day i will get to play this game :p

11. tufloss

tufloss Chieftain

I had a scout unit attached to a GC with the Field Survey I promotion (which grants +1 perception and +1 visibility to all recon units under his command) and when he (the scout) moved out of range of the GC (or vice versa) the game lost focus on the scout. (I was no longer able to see the scout or what he saw, similar to the lost promotion.) This only lasted until the next turn though.

Likely caused by the loss in perception and visibility of the scout?

12. Aetheron

Aetheron Chieftain

Beeri Bawl has industious, which gives workers a promotion... but his civilization the luchuirp has not worker class unit? Mud Golems dont seem to have a type?

13. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

Ravenous werewolves don't get promotions just the take a level button, I get that. But upon graduating to bloodied and then greater aren't they supposed to get promotions again? Also it skipped bloodied altogether and went straight to greater only bumping it's strength by one. I don't fully get the werewolf mechanic in this mod but that's not the way it worked before 1.30.

Come to think of it, the cant take a promotion bug happened in the old version too. Sometimes it fixed itself but I have no idea how.

14. Milaga

Milaga Prince

I am perfectly willing to accept the blame here, but from all of the testing I have done I don't see how Less Dangerous can be the single reason for a crash. But I cannot know all, so maybe I missed something.

I really don't want RiFE developers spending their time trying to fix problems that they did not create, so I'll do what I can.

How did you know it was Less Dangerous that caused the crash? Were you running other modules? Have you tried vanilla RiFE and has that given you any problems?

Can you upload a save file? It will help me snoop around and maybe I will find the cause of the problem. And hopefully clear the Less Dangerous name. ;)

15. Till

Till Adventurer

CTD at the end of the turn.

Attached Files:

16. snarko

snarko DLLer

If you want to continue your game Till remove the treasure chest at (53,35). It appears the chest somehow got charmed (most likely, could be another promotion) which of course makes no sense.

I've fixed it by preventing treasure chests from getting non-equipment promotions. That won't fix the problem if the chest already has one.

17. jrc

jrc Chieftain

Apparently, workers that gained the flying promo from pegasi (austrin priest of leaves spell?) can build roads (and maybe other stuff too) in water :D.

18. tokala

tokala Emperor

I encountered exactly the thing Dukko was describing with LDA active, posted a turn 101 save a few days ago. No other modules loaded. With LDA active for me there was a significantly higher incidence of CTDs than without. Win7 64 bit, just in case it matters :crazyeye:

19. Torugu

Torugu Prince

I've had constant CTDs on turn 68 (quick speed) over multiple games, they vanished when I disabled Less Dangerous Animals, which, surprisingly, didn't break saves. I'll see if I can find a save, but I won't be able to upload it until I'm back from my vacation tomorrow evening, the Internet is maddening slow here. :sad:

20. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

I have the same problem, so I've started saving before I enter a lair, then reload if I get the "invisible" enemy.