Rise of Darkness Plus

cyther

Lord of the Dance
It's here. :eekdance:

It is also quite basic as of now.

The only components are the Cult of Nikito Civ and two new heroes: Malchavic and Herne.

Original thread here

Cult Of Nikito:

The followers of a mysterious man named Nikito, who saved a small village from frostlings in the Age of Ice. Nikito is a shapeshifter and visionary who knows many strange facts and spells. The ordinary citizens of his empire are weaker than normal people due to strange disaperances of those who challenge him. Although a select few can become shapeshifters themselves. Nikito himself fights for good but his methods and tactics are disturbingly evil in their nature.

The Cult of Nikito has access to a unique line of Tier 4 units, shapeshifters and massive fleets of airships. Unfortunately, all units that the Cult of Nikito builds are given the weak promotion. Nikito starts out as a weak leader with only one trait but soon he gains more traits than any normal leader can hope to accumulate. Upon reaching some techs when using Licina or Koli you will receive minor heroes.

The most important building is the library of souls. It allows the building of the sacred Tome of Truths, a sinister volume consisting of the souls of his worshipers, and when harnessed by other Nikitan leaders, it can raise great armies from the dead.

Arkitan:

Elves who decided to leave the forests and worship Tali, the Arkitan have become a winged civilization. Their leader Tuanra is an ex-priest of Sucellous who discovered the powers of geomancy. Apart from the powerful general and hero Urcitas, only some women in the Arkitan empire can get wings. The Arkitan are a civilization of powerful mages but one that can also attack from almost anywhere.

The Arkitan have access to a flying mounted and recon line and a flying naval line. Their navy although having the ability to fly the early units can only enter the land inside cities. Their hero Urcitas is a strong midgame hero and his upgrades can specialize in a stealthy or an all out attack. Archmages are harder to obtain but are made stronger by their terrain dependent geomancy spell. Overall the civ offers a strong playstyle for players who wish to use more strategy than a brute force to kill their enemies.

An Ancient leader named Cirgala also hopes to take control over the Arkitan but he is more suited to using the Cult of the Dragon instead of Tuanra's magic.

I whanted to wait for Patch A of FF+ for my next game but I will thry this ModModModMod now ;)
Edit:
Typo in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml
BUILDING_TEPLE_OF_NIKITO instead of correct Building BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_NIKITO.
Edit2:
Civopledia shows TXT_KEY_UNIT_ANGELA TXT_KEY_UNIT_OGAN TXT_KEY_UNIT_BRUTUS UND TXT_KEY_UNIT_ALGARO instead of theyr Name
Edit3:
The Wild Mana Options somehow dont work with your Mod. Tested With Custom Continents and PerfectWorld2. (All 3 Wild Mana Options enabled)
Button to Explore a Dungeon is not working tested with scout in differnt maps and Races also with Wild Mana enabled and disabled.

Because the later is to much gamebreaking for me I desided to wait for FF+ 22 Patch A and then have a look for your Updated Comaptible Version

How odd. My copy of FF+ CtDs whenever I select a Wildmana option. (WePlayCiv Mirror). This also applies for other options that go into the eventmanager. Now I can't play at all.

Edit 15: I can play, but only sometimes. It will not work most of the time.

Gave your Mode one more thry but still No Wild Mana and Dungeons not Explorable (Game also Chrashed to Desktop on processing 1th Turn but thats probably a known FF+ Bug because I haved Jontar Civ as NPC in Game)
But I still hope you will get it to work (after Patch A) because I also hope for your Arkitan. :)

Yeah, I tried the mod too. Had the same issues about dungeons, and I can't figure out when the hero (nikita?) is supposed to spawn/be buildable?

Seems really interesting though.

Wow! Now I will be able to borrow some RoD stuff for FA!!!

Oh, Cyther, would you mind updating the FA dll for FFPlus 0.22 please? I looked at it, and I really don't get the dll at all...

And, now I can play RoD again, yey! =]

Wow! Now I will be able to borrow some RoD stuff for FA!!!

Oh, Cyther, would you mind updating the FA dll for FFPlus 0.22 please? I looked at it, and I really don't get the dll at all...

And, now I can play RoD again, yey! =]

No, I don't mind at all. I'll try and get it updated tomorrow. I think Valk imported almost everything I did.

It looks like we already of Leader Relations.

So I'll add my parts to his poplimit, add hated civics and wonders, the dynamic civ/leader changer, and I'll throw in Advanced Combat Odds like I wanted to before.

RoD+ Updated. Added in the Arkitan, a bit of the Cult of the Dragon and Guild of the Nine, and as an added bonus: it works! :eekdance:

Your mod need more improvement, you only listed the two new civilizations. Try making some more so that your mod looks detailed and packed. It will be nice if you make a civilization similar to Arabian Nights... something like the Mages in Heroes of Might and Magic 5.

Rather presumptuous of you to tell him what his mod does and does not need, isn't it?

Just so you know, this is actually the remake of a larger mod, shown here.

Also, in case you came here from the Downloads Database, this isn't a standalone mod, it's a modmodmodmod. When you take into consideration what it is based on, there are over 30 civilizations, all unique. A desert-themed civilization already exists, btw. ;)

ohh, thanks cyther. =]

New Update. Adds the full Cult of the Dragon, completes some bug fixes, adds Advanced Combat Mod (by PieceofMind), and a few minor python things.

Top Bottom