Rise of Europe:Britain and France pack (Nov 30, 2008)

Or the expanded Russian line, or the expanded Chinese line, or the expanded Mongolian pack, or the archer bonus pack (including Francisque thrower?) or the chilvary order bonus pack...

What we can say is that the Persian pack is for february, and Rudolf the reinder is not planned yet...

For the rest, we can only guess.

Also - I think - We need seldschuks/osmans !
And a heavy scythian horseman !
Scottish and irland medieval !
Hungary and Poland !
and more units for renaisance for all nations (like england)!

Thanks Sandris

H.Balck

To help us waiting, we could have a mini game: guess the next Sandris packs and in what order they are!

We list 6 packs. Then, we watch the next 6 packs actually made. For each pack that is in the list, we get 1 point, and 3 points if it is at the correct place.

Here is my bet

1- Greek pack
2- Bonus archer pack
3- Expanded Russian pack
4- Bonus knightly order pack
5- Expanded Chinese pack
6- Expanded mongolian pack

And Sandris, I know that deep inside you are evil, so you don't need to show it just by making an Aztec, Hawaiian, Inuit, Bantu, Aborigen, and Tibetan pack just toprove me wrong. ;)

I have one suggestion, Sandris: Would it be hard to give your knights another attack animation wielding a lance? I always liked that at BeBro's knights because it was so realistic. Charge with the lance, then pull the sword.

Just a thought, do as you like. :)

That would be a bit harder... or maybe not too hard if the archer takes his knife from his belt, just beside his quiver. He could take it instead of an arrow and stab his enemy...
Not an easy one but this can be done.

That would be a bit harder... or maybe not too hard if the archer takes his knife from his belt, just beside his quiver. He could take it instead of an arrow and stab his enemy...
Not an easy one but this can be done.

Actually, switching weapons to have an archer use a knife or sword shouldn't be too difficult at all. I read in another thread—I believe it was the new unit request thread—where someone else posted that such an animation wasn't possible or wouldn't work right. So I thought I'd state for the record that it should actually be possible. It would be just like throwing a javelin or anything else and then drawing a sword.

Here's how the animations could run.

Fortify
Assume firing position.
Draw arrow.

AttackA
Release arrow.
Draw sword.
Optionally, store the bow.
Take sword-fighting position.

AttackB
Sword attack.

Victory
Put sword away.
Optionally, take out bow.
Resume default pose.

Well I give archer units bombard capability, and drawing a sword during a bombard attack wouldnt look very good. But we cant have everything.. :)

Top Bottom