1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.62 hits 100 000+ downloads mark!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Jun 3, 2009.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I just noticed that Rise of Mankind 2.62 has been downloaded 100 000+ times from Filefront's site!!! :eek:

This is much more than I ever anticipated as my original goal has been just to make a mod that I like to play myself. I'm very happy that other players have also liked my "little mod project". This has also gotten me to think that I probably have to keep making updates to my mod until Civ 5 is released, which makes you all happy, right? ;)

The amount of downloads is so huge that I might be in "trouble" once all those players find their way to this forum... in future I might not be able to read everything posted to Rise of Mankind forum section (I'll try anyway) so I hope RoM users help each other as much as you can in problem situations. I'll reply when I can but I'll also have to reserve some of my time just for modding. The given feedback will certainly keep me busy on improving the mod! :)

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Congrats, Bro, now you know why i use YOUR mod as my base projects. Way to go!!:cheers::trophy:

3. cr0ws

cr0ws Chieftain

That's great news! This mod is everything BTS should have been. Shows you got skills in putting this thing together.

Put me in a room with a PC, Civ 4 and Zap's ROM mod and you can lock me in and throw away the key! :cool:

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Respect.

Let us know if there is something (simple) we can do to help out.
    (f.ex : adding -50% defense against aliens to all units)

And there I was, clapping my small hands because 200+ has dl my corporations.

Keep up the good work.

5. giffy

giffy Chieftain

This has also gotten me to think that I probably have to keep making updates to my mod until Civ 5 is released

Unless Sid hires you on to make the dang thing!

I haven't really posted here, but I found this mod maybe a month ago and just have to say thanks. It really is what Civ4 and BTS should be. I am anxiously awaiting 2.7!

6. Munger

Munger Dietary

Big time congratulations Zap, you sure earned it. RoM 4 eva. :D

7. Maatissi

Maatissi Turvenuija

I'm not surprised at all... :)

Like strategyonly commented, this is the new standard to build on.

8. thinedge

thinedge Chieftain

First time poster, long-time user of RoM. Yep, all Respect for keeping on with this mod.

So.... with so many users... must be an increasing interest in multiplayer? Or has Sid hired you secretly to launch stable multiplayer RoM/revs as Civ V? (Would make sense to me). Went looking for the multiplayer fix but its page seems to be replaced...

(drains glass).

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Chieftain

Good job Zap.

I remember back in the day when games were made by people just making what they want to play. Then the market got too expensive and too risky to make anything original.

It's nice to see there are still talented people around making mods that bring this element back into my games.

Probably the best mod for any game I've ever played.

10. little_cyclone

little_cyclone Loyal Civ4 & C2C mod player

: pops champagne:

11. Justin Cray

Justin Cray Chieftain

this mod only got word of mouth promotion and still hit 100k, you might be on to something zappara :)

12. Tekener

Tekener Chieftain

Thanks to your mod, Zap, I got the fun back playing Civ IV - and I will continue playing and spreading the word about RoM to all my friends. :)

If I would be Sid Meiers I would make sure you will get the chance to work on Civ V directly, missing someone like you is a big waste of potential.

13. Maatissi

Maatissi Turvenuija

Yea, Zappara now really has 100,000 recommendators! :)

Should we still organize a petition to Sid? X)

14. GeorgeAmbush

GeorgeAmbush Chieftain

Congratulations. It's an excelent mod. However, since I "upgraded" my computer to Vista, I haven't been able to play the mod due to the memory allocation errorr. Is there any hope, that this bug will be fixed, or do I have to downgrade again to XP? :-/

15. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Of coruse it has 100,000+ downloads. Everyone who is smart wants to try it.:p
    I would not be able to play with out it.

16. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

fell over these as I updated my signature, and had to put them here....

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." Buddha.

“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” Buddha

17. cr0ws

cr0ws Chieftain

I wouldn't know where to begin helping people with Vista....I stay away from it like a boobonic plague. My recommendation is, switch back to XP, in which case my opinion is that it's upgrading, not downgrading.

18. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Nice! This mod and FFH are my 2 fav mods for Civ

19. Ogaburan

Ogaburan Chieftain

:goodjob:
    I hope he will...

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

:bump:

For the new guy lugialord. ;)

JosEPh